Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Some Argentine wild boars
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
WOW I am going to Poland in November for some wild boar myself and seeing those amimals you baged makes me very exited.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
<firemen>
posted
Nice.I hope I can get one the next time I hunt with john.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andr�: as a rule, the more you go to the East, the bigger the hogs (in Europe). By the way, a 25 centimeters trophy is roughly the equal of a 100 pounds elephant. More than that....well, you are a lucky hunter. Some months ago a guy got one measuring 28-plus centimeters...go figure! The live (better dead of course) weight is also an interesting item: we have in our records some weighing more than 300 kilos. Mixed blood indeed, nevertheless a lot of pork.
May the godess of the chase give you a good hunt.
Nainital

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Them sure are big piggies...
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do they take paying guests where you were hunting? If so, what else is there available?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DBBill: PM for you.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I get the chance i Poland I would like a 200kg boar
We will be there two days prior to the full moon and two days after I will kill everything I see

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW, nice pile of hogs! How did you hunt them? Are they considered a pest, or an expensive game animal? Nice shooting!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boghossian: these boars were shot by a party of friends. To the landowners, the hog is a pest which eats crops and kills sheep, but free hunts are becoming a thing of the past. Nowadays this is a valuable game animal and trophy fees are skyrocketing.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmm, nice piglets
Nice pictures and thanks for sharing, it will be nice if you find some picture of the Sorobombon feral pigs for share it with our gringos friends those are BIG !!!

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: it�s Samboromb�n Bay. There are indeed some very big feral pigs there and their tusks are awesome. Alas, that is a sport which means water, dogs and horse riding. I don�t fancy hunting with dogs. Always one of them gets hurt or killed and I like the things too much for dressing their wounds.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
im a proffesional hunter from argentina i killed hundreds of boars here recently with members of the forum from north carolina we took 2 boars one of 315kilos the other 198 kilos and 26cams of tusks aprox.they killed them by knife and we use the dogos argentinos dogs.juan pablo pozzi .huntinginargentina@hotmail.com

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

Do you have any pictures of the 315 kg Boar ?

Cheers,

Andr�