Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter's first buck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted
Yesterday morning, my 9 year old daughter took her first buck (and first game animal, period) with her 7-30 Waters. The buck had his head down feeding and moved his antlers in the way of her shot right as she fired, resulting in a broken right main beam and a less than perfect hit, so I backed her up and put in a finisher, but she was just as excited as could be (and so was I!)

Troy Hibbitts

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weidmannsheil to the skillful and fortunate hunter! A resounding "well done" from here!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you both. clap

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's awsome man. I can't wait till my grandsons are old enough to take to the woods. My wife and I had plans to take the oldest (5 yr old) to the lease this weekend, but I'm sitting in my chair on this blasted computor with the frigin flu. JC

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Troy,

Congrats to both of you!! That smile tells it all!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
A job well done to you and your daughter. Congrats.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Congratulations for her first deer.

Happy New Year,

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Great job Dad and congratulations to the huntress. 'Didn't have a problem with a backup shot; keeps smiling and is happy after things didn't go exactly perfect - sounds like she's way ahead of a few grown men I've come across!

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Nothing like it...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Congratulations young Lady.
Thanks to the father for bringing the young lady to hunt.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4233 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daniel77:
A job well done to you and your daughter. Congrats.

+1

one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the young lady! That's a great buck for a first timer!

Be sure and go o this link:

http://www.texasbiggameawards.com/FirstHarvest.htm

and download the application to send to the Texas Big Game Awards. It's a free certificate from the state program that will look great on her wall.

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrat's hope the rest of your new year is as rewarding clap

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrat's to you both! That is a special time that will never be forgotten by either of you.

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Great going I can only imagine how good you must feel. My little girl is six and I'm just waiting for the day. I hope my daughter has a smile on her face like that when the day comes.

Congradulations to you both.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
There is nothing better than that! Congratulations!!!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, congratulations! Nice to see another young lady afield.

~Ann

Posts: 19173 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
an absolutely awesome photo, good on you for taking her hunting Big Grin

love the smile and the junior carharts too!

Best Regards,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote