New
Find
Notify
Tools

155 A Max AND the Results
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some of you told me an A Max 155 grain out of a 300 WSM was not good DEER ROUND, but I shot a deer today and it did just as good a job as the 150 nosler bulistic tip. From my experience this year I filled all my tags and both will drop a deer size game in there tracks.

Any Comments??? [Roll Eyes]

[ 12-29-2002, 20:34: Message edited by: SHORTMAG ]

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right or wrong...are you saying one dead deer proves anything? [Confused] Properly hit, MOST cartridges and MOST bullets will pretty well drop their target in his tracks. I don't get your point beyond stating a 3oo WSM will kill a deer. [Confused]

[ 12-29-2002, 07:54: Message edited by: Pecos45 ]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Hmm. A well-placed rock will kill a deer too but I'm not trading in my favorite rifles for a slingshot.

A speedy 155 will surely kill a deer. Is it the best tool for the job? Not in my humble opinion.

Glad it worked for you!

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHORTMAG:
Some of you told me an A Max 155 grain out of a 300 WSM was not good DEER ROUND, but I shot a deer today and it did just as good a job as the 150 nosler bulistic tip. From my experience this year I filled all my tags and both will drop a deer size game in there tracks.

Any Comments??? [Roll Eyes]

You only have one post, so how could anyone have told you anything?

A .30 caliber cartridge shooting 150gr. or heavier bullets at 2800fps or more, IS a good deer round. Using a bullet that is not specifically designed to expand on game is a risk some people prefer not to take.

If the A-Max worked you, congratulations. Had it not worked, would you even have bothered to post about it?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I have heard they both are pretty mutch the same kind of bullets so both should work on light game

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Georges be for I was a member a friend posted it for me but im glad I joined you all are good people.and was not trying to start nothing.just saying it did good for me.

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote