Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Romanian Roe Deer Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
I am back in the states in body but my mind is still in the foot hills of the Carpathians of Romania stalking Roe deer.

My outfitter was Horia Sandu of Unforgettable hunting and his services were wonderful. Not only was he at the airport to pick us up but made sure we made it through past security upon leaving before he left us. Simply invaluable.

The country is beautiful, the animals were plentiful and a well managed free ranging healthy herd. The cultural and human experience was the highlight or cherry on top of the experience.

Horias rangers know the vast territory and animals like the back of their hands which is probably why we were able to take 3 each fine Roe deer bucks.

The food and drink were great and I think they fed us 4 times a day. The Palinka is a must, we toasted about everything imaganable

I really can't say enough good things about these guys and can't wait to get back there again. I made some really good new friends.

one of us
posted Hide Post
a beautiful experience

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics and nice trophies.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WAIDMANNSHEIL you got Same very Nice Trophys. Romania Roe Deer hunts Are World Class in the right Area. Thanks for Posting a Report And Pixs.

I have Never Seen Trophy Preparation like this it is somehow "Unique" for European Standards
Are You makeing Mayby Shoulder or Fullmounts ?!

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fine hunt. Bucket list trip for me...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Congratulations / WMH !

Great looking trophies !

Was it mainly high seat and stands or lots of stalking ? Also what rifle did you use ?

Just an observation - but not a sign of any greenery on the dinner table ! Meat, bread and wine !?

Something special about roe deer. Thanks for posting!

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

Charlie64,

Normally tomatoes and cucumbers but yes lots of meats, cheese, bread,very nice locally made wines, plum Palinka. The food was great and they fed us 4 times a day.

Mostly spot and stalk we would start up a trail at first light and then around 5 in the afternoon and either spot or hear them bark and try to stalk in for a shot. One evening we did set up on an agricultural field off a couple of tree lines kind of like a whitetail hunt.

I really enjoyed hunting these little deer and our host treated us very well.