New
Find
Notify
Tools

red stag south america
 Login/Join

<firemen>
posted
looking for a red stag follow deer hunt in south america that won`t brake the bank.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Firemen

My best advice is to talk straight with some outfitter and tell him how much you are able to pay, with the financial crisis that's it's going on in that country I'm sure he will be able to fix something for you.

The MOST important thing is the time of the year, you can go late for peanuts but it will be difficult to hunt something, around mid march or the following week is the correct moment for a good rut.

If you want both of them, go first to Bs As province for fallow deer and then to La Pampa (650 km of excellent road from BsAS) for red stags.

In a place called Sierra de la Ventana (Bs As Province) you 've both of them, but personaly I'll choose La Pampa Province or some provinces of the Patagonia such as Neuqu�n or R�o Negro for red stags.

Look for something around 2 and 2,5 K, I'm half local and I'm able to do it for less, but do yourself a favor, don't take risks and do it through some well known outfitter, there are lots of people down here waiting for take someone else money with false promises. You come from far away and it's better to pay a little more and go home with a good experience in the bag.

REMEMBER: SECOND AND THIRD WEEK OF MARCH ARE THE BETTER ONES.

Good luck
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
<firemen>
posted
Thanks .Do you have any names or emails of some outfitters?

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Firemen,
You've a private message.
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I sent you an e-mail. I have a great outfitter in Argentina.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Bruz>
posted
That is an incredable buffalo! How much did he weigh? Stupid question, but what do you do with em once ya get em? Love to get one and mount those horns...must weigh a ton!