Find
Notify
Tools

First pig with my .44 Mag!!! (picture)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Hey everybody, just got back from our lease in the Hill Country (2,000 acres in Mason, TX). I went out with a friend of mine yesterday with his hog dogs. He got one with his knife and I finally got to "bloody" my S&W .44 Mag! Nice little porker, about 40 pounds. Put a 240 gr. JHP right behind the ear. You can see I'm smiling :-)

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations i took some with my sw629 44mag too im now using a glock because its easier to jump after the dogs with it but in my truck i always have my 44 .Nice hogs what kind ofdogs did you use.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
We used two dogs, one was a Catahoula and the one pictured with me was a cross between a Black-Mouthed Cur and something else. GREAT dogs and they are still pups, the Catahoula is 6 months old and the Black-Mouthed Cur cross is only 5 months old! They are going to be awesome in another 6 months. Hopefully, I will be posting some more pics of some much larger pigs in the near future. Saw one a few weeks ago on the ranch that was over 300 lbs!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Here a friend of mine who lived in lousiana named Carlos Couto imported catahoulas and banddogs ,they are hunting very well ,we hunt mostly with dogos and crosses of dogos with greyhounds or pointers .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan: so you are friends with Carlos Couto...when he worked at a well known gunshop here I used to chat with him almost daily and (generally speaking) be a pain in his ass. I bougth there a gun with a twisted barrel...do imagine the further proceedings...
The world is truly small it seems.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ricardo we have been exchaging mails with Carlos since 5 years ago he asked me alot about my dogo paimun and my hunting experiences after seeing the photos of my dogo and myself in vida salvaje mag ,hes an expert boars hunter and i consider the best in 3 gun competitions ipsc he was south american champion too .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan: it would be nice to meet him again and of course Afrikaander, Willy and you and the other friends from AR. Perhaps a giant hog hunt is in process...you are designed the matchmaker. cheers

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Good Shooting !!!
I remember my first 44mag kill,an old 3 screw Blackhawk I bought new for $75. I was so happy!
Your smile says you were too.
Good Hunting

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
You must try to use dogos dogs in Texas there are some breeders one of the most famous are the rakin family .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those .44's are hell on hogs. Good job.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Excuse me ,im always hurry up ,the correct name is rankin family they have a nice website of hunting boars with dogos .JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA