New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow Camo Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Being new to this site, even though I have been lurking for quite some time I made a mistake and posted this on the Big Game Forum instead of here. If I cannot erase it myself perhaps someone from here could help me out.

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing this one. I had planned on holding out for a decent buck this year but when this one came by I just couldn't pass him up. I've never seen anything like him before and don't suppose I ever will again.

-

-

A young hunter took this ones twin brother on the last day of the youth season. That one was completely white except for his nose and eyes.

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Where were these deer taken? - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have pictures of a cow elk about the same color scheme. When we first saw her we thought she was an escaped llama! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3533 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw one that a hunter had filmed and gave the film to the hunting show on TNN that jim shokey(SP???) runs.

I supossed there are albino's of almost all species but they have to have no color anywhere even the eyes lack normal pigment.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These deer were taken in east-central North Dakota during the 2002 deer season. It is actually the same deer, just different lighting conditions.

As markus says, it is not a true (full) albinio but the first I have ever seen anything even close to one and one I just couldn't pass up.

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote