New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Pozzi's Extreme Expedition
 Login/Join

posted
posted 28 May 2013 02:18

Peggy & I were fortunate to have Bill Berlat as a friend and fellow hunter who introduced us to Guillermo Amestoy and his charming family, lovely wife Marta, sons Francisco, & Guillermo Jr.. We were treated to an incredible goat asado on our first night in Cordoba by chef Marta courtesy Bill Berlat. The next day we all had a good time shopping and more eating fabulous foods and then prepared for the next days travel to San Francisco and the famous Dr. Pozzi's extreme safari. The only thing "extreme" were the good times, stories, political discussions, fine dining, shooting lessons, and of course excellent hunting. Peggy enjoyed Dr. Pozzi's gracious wife Flavia, their two daughters and son Iky, that Spartan Bulldozer who knows no fear and is a duplicate of his father. After settling in to the shotgun lessons, we spent a few days trying to put a dent in the dove, pigeon, and green parakeet populations. I quit counting the still flying birds after 1,023,615 or there abouts. If there was any doubt in the available numbers, I can assure any avid bird hunters that you will wear out your shoulder long before the birds quit flying. We stopped a rampant feral goat & two Russian boars with DP's BRNO .308 rifle. Then I was lucky enough to take a hog with the long K-Bar knife thru the heart in the shadow of three fearless Gauchos. DP was always just a step away to cover my back--which I really appreciated. The next trip was to Corrientes for the water buffalo, ostrich, and dorado quests. We were stationed in a low-flat area quietly waiting for the buff who was being driven by local gauchos and the wait was a short one!! Again being backed by DP and his trusty 45-70 Marlin lever, I started placing .458 Winchester Magnum solids into the shoulder of the running monster. He ate four before giving up and further inspection showed that the monolithic solids passed neatly thru both sides without changing direction or deforming the least bit. Now, this was extreme and like all to many good adventures, was over in a flash. Guillermo's custom Mauser did it's job and never failed in the heat of the quick shooting.....Thanks Guille!!! I wish we lived closer so he could share his vast knowledge of ballistics, custom metal smithing, and bespoke stock checkering/fitting. Before fishing on the Parana River, we took an ostrich but I missed two Capys with the BRNO--rats!! That will necessitate a return trip for them as well as a puma, more Russian boars, and a mouflon ram for starters. The fishing was less than spectacular for most of the day due to temp variations but around 1600, that all changed. I hooked a fighter who bent the light rod nearly into and jumped numerous times before the guide finally netted him. Tasty, tasty, tasty!! Dinners were wonderful and we finished the night with a toast of Amarula. Back to San Francisco and a last chance at a monster Russian Wild Boar which came after much scouting. I misunderstood Julio's (DP's assistant, field chef, paramedic, and all around good guy) when he informed me about an electric wire protected fence. I know that you can read between the lines to figure out what came next. After the "shock" wore off, we all had a good laugh. The safari went by quickly as we were always doing something exciting with our leader, Dr. Pozzi. He proved to be a fearless, knowledgeable, tireless officer who we grew to trust and admire. If anyone needs equipment and clothing requirements, please just email: robob344@aol.com. Adios, Bobby Moore and Peggy Vaught

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/juanpozzi/BOBYMOOREANDPEGhttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98/juanpozzi/BOBYMOOREANDPEGGY046_zpsb236232b.jpg GY049_zpscb8e49d9.jpg[/IMG]

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a great time! Dr. Pozzi sure keeps you busy.

He is a great guy to hang around with and he certainly has a fine family.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thanks my friends ,i tried to do my best ,guiding in a friendly manner, and showing you a real Argentina expedition and real hunting traditions ,not a fast food hunt in a preserve.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Thank You Mr. Moore for your kind words and I am glad that. Dr. Pozzi's .458 rifle fullfilled the task,. Thanks also to "Billinthewild" for introducing these fine people, also to Dr. Juan for the nice dinner at his home with his nice family. Regards.
Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We ,took ,nice trophies a nice goat and a good buffalo bull ,but ALL the boars are record boars ,one weigtth -estimated-250kilos ,tusks near 30cms ,the last boars 30 cms tyusks too ,these trohpies can be easily in the first 5 SCI Record book .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its nice to see that our clients are apreciating our work .We are trying to gave you the most personalised Safari ,with one or two english speaking guides for each client .Our lodges are very confortable ,and with great cooks ,that prepare homemade meals.Every AR member is guided by Juan in all the safari providing his incredible experience hunting and guiding.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We are taking all SCI record russian boars ,on buffalo old cows are etting better points than males ,2012 and 2013 seasons produced some of the best boars ever taken in this country .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its nice to see that our clients are apreciating our work .

Real hunters do appreciate good people like you good folks. Hard working, fun loving, honorable men tend to enjoy spending time with "like minded" individuals.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We try to give the best lodging and meals in a wild enviroment ,and of course totally wild game with no fences and even not cell phone signal..... Roll Eyes

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have had great time ,with this couple ,and we got very nice trophies and some great wing shooting days ,and in a real wild enviroment ,we try at leat to give our clients the best acomodations ,sometimes the weather tdont healp us and the hunt is more difficult but in this safari everything was almost prefect ,including the clients -great shots ,great hunters and wonderfull persons-

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HI BOBBY AND PEGGY ,im Julio -do you hear that name .........Juan called a million time a day Roll Eyes-Marine you are a GREAT rifle shot ,nice work on boars and buffalo ,Peggy is a great wing shooter ,are you hunting birds there.....

Posts: 108 | Location: Cordoba | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With Quote