New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Red Stag with MG Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My (computer challenged) Dad is between Miami and Pittsburgh on his way back from hunting red stag and blackbuck with MG Hunting in Argentina. I don't have the whole story yet, but here are a couple pictures of his stag.

I'll post his report when he gets back and tells me how it went. Apparently he also shot a smaller stag and a great blackbuck earlier in the hunt, then shot this stag on the last day.

posted Hide Post
Wonderful stag. Very nice crowns. Look forward to the rest of the story.

Andy

Posts: 9 | Location: Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Nice stag! Is MG in La Pampa?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a hunt for MG Hunting (Marcelo Gill) at a SCI Dinner, in 2011. Went on the hunt end of April of'12. I added on 5 more days of bird hunting. The hunt was a 5 day Stag hunt. The bird hunting I added on was 3 days Dove/Pigeon. And two days ducks. The Big Game and the Dove/Pigion shooting took place near the town of General Anche (sp?), about two hours out of Santa Rosa, La Pampa. I stag hunted at the peak of the roar, good thing, i don't know how you would find them if not. Very thick bush. I met some WI hunter at the Santa Rosa airport on the way in. He was just leaving, after hunter with MG Hunting, he said that the pressure from the outfitter is to shoot the first stag you see, and then get you to buy additional animals, like balckbuck, water buff, puma, hog, fallow....I took a stag the 2nd day, after I passed up many smaller stag the first evening and the day before. We didn't find that stag. Hit good, only a 100 yd blood trail. They sold me an additional stag for $2400. Shot that on the 4th day. Found it. They found my first stag a week after I left. At then end of the season, they run dogs over the property to look for lost stags for the season. We hunter dove/Pigeon close to that lodge at a feed-lot. That was fun. Shot 1500 rounds ($US15/box) in 3 days.Move to a really nice farm in Buenos Aires Provence for two days of duck shooting. A really nice place, very old.

My over all impression go the MG Hunting operation was good. The bulk of their business was Spanish hunters. They don't get many Americans. So, english was very poor by all staff. There was an American hunting with me the first 4 days, so, I had some one to talk to. After that, the staff kept to them selves, So, hunting alone, it was kinda lonely. Food wa kinda sub-par. I expected better food in camp. I don't know what they do with all the Stag meat? The Stag lodge is nice, sits on a hill, in the middle of the hunting grounds. The rooms nice, you let them know when you want a shower, so the can turn the point source water heater on. The year after I bought my hunt, the same hunt sold for only a $1000. That guy got a deal.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Great looking stag! tu2