New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greenland Hunt Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our first clients of the season just returned from their Muskox hunt in Greenland.

Client dressed in seal skin clothing which the outfitter rents along with an arctic hare.

Staying in a warm cabin makes this a 5 Star Arctic experience. Seeing the Northern lights is really cool

The start of the Polar ice cap. The North Pole is 1400km away, in some places the ice is 3 miles deep!

They were all successful in taking some good trophy Muskox including the archery hunters.

These Muskox hunts are not as physically demanding as the Muskox hunts in Canada and I have had several elderly hunters do this hunt. They are also more reasonably priced than the hunts in the North! It's a great experience to be in the Arctic and see some amazing sights. All in all a very unique hunting experience. And a Muskox is a very cool trophy.

Thanks for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Watch GUNSTIX Shooting Sticks in action
Short version https://youtu.be/HYoF1nR9JFo?si=aUeCBW_G5OJAK26f
Long version https://youtu.be/NJ96K8T-ttc

2024 SHOW BOOTHS:
DSC (Dallas 11th-14th January) booth #950
SCI (Nashville 31st Jan-3rd Feb) booth #411
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo (Salt lake city 15th-18th February) booth # 319

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great pictures and trophies. thank you.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Now I just need to convince someone to join me.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Great photos.
How do the Greenland muskox differ from those on the North American continent?
Seems like a long way apart.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they are the same. Maybe SCI has a different classification as usual!

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karoo:
Great photos.
How do the Greenland muskox differ from those on the North American continent?
Seems like a long way apart.

I can't speak for differences, if any, between the muskox in Greenland and the ones in Canada. But the population in Alaska was extirpated, but then reintroduced using animals from Greenland

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
I have hunted the Greenland Muskox also known as Whiteface Muskox.

The ones on the Canadian mainland are Barren Ground (Dark Face) & are larger mostly with bigger horns on average.

The ones on the Islands are Whiteface - Greenland Subspecies, I think slightly larger than the Bulls actually in Greenland.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote