Notify
Tools

Hunting in Argentina with Juan Pozzi
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

Here are some pictures from my wunderfull trip to Argentina.
The ram was taken with the .500 Jeffery and the goat got both shootgun 12 g .40 cal S&S and .500 Jeffery Big Grin SWAT style

Juan and I also hunted wild boars and hogs with both knife and rifle.

Hunting with Juan Pozzi is the real deal and for those who want some EXTREME hunting with handguns or knife and dogo hunting with Juan is an exelent chance to get just that.

Juan is a real JÆGER

Weidsmanns Dank Juan thumb

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
HE DESTROYED MY EARS WITH HIS 500JEFFERY BUT HES A REAL EXPERT SHOOTING THIS CANNON.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
next time we will hunt in el impenetrable wild cebues and i invite andre,gus,and nainitial .juan there we will prove the big rifles at charges at very short distance in the bush.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wildpork
posted Hide Post
Andre', can we hear the story of the goat hunt?

Posts: 106 | Location: the great northeast | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre` congrats on a great hunt be glad to hear the goat hunt story as well he's a nice one

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan: I´ll try to save my soft, baby skin from the vinal Big Grin and let you youngsters the joy of the chase in El Impenetrable.
Waidmannsheil! wave

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RICARDO THE HUNTING THERE IS WONDERFUL I FLY CAMPS ,TOTALLY WILD FULL OF BROCKET DEER ,CEBU,PECCARIES COLLARED AND LIPPED PUMAS,JAGUARS,RAMS GATS ,INCREDIBLE WING SHOOTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE JUNGLE COME ON YOU WILL LIKE IT.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a great hunt Andrè! Thanks for posting.. If you don`t mind, I would really like to see some close-ups of that .500J of yours.. thumb When you have time, that is.. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anders

These pictures are old but she still looks the same. Big Grin

The secund one is the Heym and my pre-64 in .375 H&H

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle, Andrè! Thanks for posting.. Looking for my first DG rifle, and need all the input I can get.. Smiler I do think the .500J-recoil is above my comfort-zone.. Wink

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
this type of rams are in every farm in the north i was contracted by a big landowner to kill as many as possible .we kill then in el chaco because they destroy the cropland.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan
Perhaps when we join you later this month we can take advantage of some of these culling operations for goats/pigs which you speak of in these reports.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just read an article about beavers over running Terra DelFuego, they increase at 20% per year !!! Maybe Juan should offer a beaver hunt !

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes they are a pest there no limits at all in shooting them but its an expensive expedition there are cimarron rams there too.extreme climate ,frequent storms ,a real extreme hunting at the end of the world.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Andre we are hunting without limits goats and rams in the north our last client took two very good goats a good ram and a gold medal black buck antelope ,i have now one of the biggest buffalos consecions in the country ill tell you later buti believe you can test your 500 jefferyRONIN WE MISS YOU HERE .SI VIS PACE PARA BELLUM.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery and Juan Those are good photos,It looks like a Awesome hunt.Nice rifles as well. An old friend here has very similar Dogs which we chase hogs in swamps and along the river bottoms. Thanks for sharing,one day I will have to see Argentina.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Rug can you put me in contact with your friends im very interested in seeing the dogos breded in USA do you have some photos ,if you have can you post them here .JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan, I am trying not to go on the forum any more. Every time I open one of the sites that talk about your hunts I get very anxious to go. Still waiting on my passport. wave

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Bill i just returned with italians from Mar Chiquita lagoon area we have been hunting doves 1400 shells a day ,we saw a huge boars in the marshes of more than 300 kilos we didnt have a rifle ,bt we couldtn believe the size of the monster when you came we will go to that area il try to bait it with corn ,and gasoil .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Bill i just returned with italians from Mar Chiquita lagoon area we have been hunting doves 1400 shells a day ,we saw a huge boars in the marshes of more than 300 kilos we didnt have a rifle ,bt we couldtn believe the size of the monster when you came we will go to that area il try to bait it with corn ,and gasoil .Juan

That ´s just the size I will like to open my muela podenquero ´s chart Cool ....

300 kilos you said? Eeker perhaps I might take my 45/70 aswell .... just in case ! Big Grin

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Why, oh why did I have to open this thread ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Indeed there are monsters roaming the Pampas...I´ve just returned from another fruitless hunt, but had in my hand the frozen foot of one of such beasts, which was broader than my fist. This boar was reputed with killing many dogs during its very long career..in fact, when the knive reached its heart shaked off eight dogs grabbing it and run 40 meters. Then toppled over. Fortunately for the hunter (one of the ranch´s hands) the hog run away from him. We are waiting for news about the tusks, which should be a record. The present location of these outstanding trophies is obscure, I must add. Also, the weight was not recorded. Mad

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pictures posted on behalf of Juan Pozzi

André

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Juan's going to need a bigger truck...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Andre

Good to see you around again.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John

I was always around just not posting much.
I will hopefully get more time to post in the future.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the collar for lanhuel my friend yesterday he used it hunting ,hes very happy with it ,so happy that he killed two domestic pigs.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan Jæger

I am happy that the collar fits Lanhuel.
Maybe he will wear it in future pictures. Does it protect him enoygh?

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
...so happy that he killed two domestic pigs.

Oops! Eeker

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now, this is what I call a NICE piggie Big Grin

One more for the chart, Juan my friend !! CoolCool

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Afrikander we will kill one similar in Choele Choel where PHC hunted with the white angels. Andre the collar is perfect and in dangerous hunts i put it over a thick and wide leather collar but he uses your collar everyday ill send you photos thanks again .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Afrikander we will kill one similar in Choele Choel where PHC hunted with the white angels. (....) .Juan

jumping

I don´t doubt we will my friend !!!!

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
IM LEAVING NOW AFRIKAADER.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Hi Juan

I saw on your page that youre a doctor MD? That must be fine to be if something happens?

How much will a complete hunt after Cebues and wild boar, doveshooting, perhaps a deer come too?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes im a surgeon ,general surgeon ,i have to operate some of the dogs but i never have a serious accident with clients .Isent you a PM with the price list .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
IM LEAVING NOW AFRIKAADER.JUAN

My friend, just now I am suffering the consequences of a strong flu that is keeping me out of business Mad Mad

I will have to wait a couple of weeks more for choele CRYBABY !!

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i can find at least 100 reports about BIG GAME hunts many of them myself and JULIO FABRY were the PHs too .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote