New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brady Ranch, Florida
 Login/Join

<GilaMonster>
posted
I hunted on the Brady Ranch at Okeechobee, Fl. with Frank Brady Jr. a couple of years ago. I took this Axis buck while on the hunt. The hunt was great and Frank was quite enjoyable to hunt with. The facilities were fantastic with everything you could imagine or possibly need. The ranch holds the largest private herd of Axis deer in North america and also contains quite a number of other exotics in addition to Whitetails and Turkeys. The trophy fee for a trophy Axis buck was $1500 which didn't include accomodations or guide fees. Here's a pic of the buck. He scored 138 5/8 SCI
 -

<JOHAN>
posted
GilaMonster

Congratulations. Very nice indeed. Can we get a close up picture?

Tell us more about the hunt and the arangements any website for this ranch?

Cheers
/ JOHAN

<GilaMonster>
posted
I'll take a look through my box of hunting pictures and see what i have. I remember a picture of just the buck laying on the ground that would probably do him a little better justice. The website for the Brady Ranch is http://www.bradyranch.com/. I set this hunt with Eddie Gomez of Miami, Fl. He is a taxidermist there and also operates as a booking agent for the Brady Ranch as well as guides for the Brady's on occasion. I flew into Miami, Fl. and stayed in a motel there for a night. I was then able to ride with another hunter to the ranch for the hunt. I rode back with Eddie Gomez and stayed in Miami again in a motel after the two days I was at the ranch before catching my flight back to New Mexico. I was also hoping to get a wild boar while there, but the weather was so hot that I never saw one during the hunt. I hunted the first of August. It's hot then, but a good time for Axis Deer (also known as Chital).

one of us
posted Hide Post
you dont really want a close up of that man do ya

Posts: 87 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
<GilaMonster>
posted
Hahahaha, you know me all to well Grypho! lol [Big Grin]
Sad, but true!  -