Dr. Juan Pozzi-Los Dagos Hunting-Aug.25-30
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted
Hunted-Dove,pigeon and wild boar
Firearms-Provided 12G simi-autos
Airline-LAN, LA-Lima-Cordoba

Grant (my 27 year old son) 7 I arrived in Cordoba at 7:15 AM and once we reached the hunting lodge (3 hour drive) rested for the remainder of the day. The hunting lodge is 5-10 minutes from Juan's house.

Hunt days 1 and 2 were spent shooting dove and pigeon (with a few parrots thrown in the first day). Very good to great shooting. The entire hunt was guided by Juan and if the birds weren't flying at the first stop we quickly moved to another location.

The third day was fishing on the Parana River, outside of Santa Fe(two hour drive from the hunting lodge). Caught catfish in the morning and the fishing guide (not Juan) cooked them over an open fire for lunch. Had lunch at a fish camp and watched the process of fishermen bringing in their netted catch, unloading the fish, gutting and loading onto an outbound boat to market. A really cool experience. More fishing in the afternoon and dinner and drinks in Santa Fe before heading home. A really great day.

Days 4,5&6 were more birds, morning and afternoon, with lunch a basic lunch in the field. Grant also killed a wild boar, with a knife, on the last day. This is a hunt I have never seen anyone but Juan offer (also see Gatogordo's hunt report on this). Our last night was dinner and beer at the local rugby bar. Again a great time.

All dinners (other than Santa Fe and the last night) were prepared by Flavia, Juan's lovely wife and excellent cook. These meals were served family style and Flavia's desserts are to die for.

While Juan's bird hunts may not be as polished as some of the most expensive Argentine bird hunts, the personal attention, dinner with the family and the overall "Juan" experience made this a GREAT HUNT.

As Gatogordo would probably agree you cannot adequately describe the "Juan" experience. For you old enough to remember think "Twilight Zone".

I am sure that Juan will be posting pictures.

Steve Thomas

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be looking forward to the pics of your "Juan" experience. It's just one of those things you have to participate in...... Big Grin

I've just got one question, did you have to tell him to speed up, that he was taking too much time driving slowly? dancing

I wish I was back there now, we had a really fine time. When and if I go again, I'm going to try to stopover in Lima, never been there.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
SOME OF THE PHOTOS POSTED I HAVE MANY MANY MORE THAN ILL POST LATER GRANT AS AN AFGANISTAN VET IS INVITED TO SHOOT HERE FREE ,BOTH OF THEM ARE MY FRIENDS NOW ,AND ILL VISIT THEM THERE .IM WITH HUNTERS NOW AND TOMORROWS ARRIVES JTEX .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
GATOGORDO SEE THE KNIFE IS MY REGIMENTAL KNIFE THE SAME THAT USED ADAM TO KILL HIS CAPIBARA.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good pics, is that Cho-el or your other dogo?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted Hide Post
Juan drove OK except for running the red lights in Santa Fe and Cordoba. How about when he turns the music up FULL BLAST????? Just a very small part of the Twilight Zone.

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes this is my puppie of 8 months Choel in the south american forum i posted more photos.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
WE Ha beer beer ve been with Jtex in the same bar drinking beer in SANTA FE my friend now we are cooking ribs beer

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
great safari again ,and again ,and again ,i heard that Juans is tented by souh american safaris to work for them with a great contract I HOPE HE CONTINUE WITH US ONE SUCCESFULL SAFARI AFTER ANOTHER WITH OUR HELP .CONGRATUTALIONS TO JULIO HES A GREAT GUIDE LEARNED EVERYHTING FROMS JUAN LIKE ME.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote