New
Find
Notify
Tools

Booked for water buffalo in July/05
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Booked another water buffalo hunt with Lorenzo in July/05. I suspect that my hunting partner on the last hunt will be going also .. I believe that Lorenzo would like to take out four or five hunters a year after them .. Anyone else interested ??? Read my thread and see what you think ...

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also a chap from Northern Alberta is interested. I suspect that this kind of hunt is for folks that have hunted cape buffalo and want another experience ... or have hunted the big sweepers of the Northern Territory and also want another experience with a different varmint .. The price is 1/2 of a cape buffalo approximately which never hurts ... Being that I was charged by mine .. and the two guides were flat out charged the day I left by a cow and a bull .. luckily they were on horseback .. it might also appeal to someone who just likes to hunt dangerous game ... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is a poor shot ... anyone can make a bad shot, of course, I'm talking about a person who doesn't shoot good ... These suckers are not to be trifled with ... (Sounds like I'm still jumpy !!!)

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
How much?

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is of huge interest to me, that question, of course ... Near the end of the hunt I asked Lorenzo ... He felt that to make it worth while .. they would have to charge $3,500 each .. 2x1 ... That would be all inclusive from airport pickup .. to dropping back off at the airport a week later .. Food, accomodations, guides, guns, trophy fee for one buffalo .. If a person wanted to whack a zillion doves/ducks or whatever .. I believe the shot shells are about $10 a box ... When I e mailed him to tell him that I was coming back we never even talked price .. He has been more than fair with me .. a real gentleman .. Something I would also like to be known as but with my shifty eyes no one makes the assumption .. Anyways, I think that is what he is going to charge .. Send him an e mail if you're interested ... That would be about a week hunt ... They have some really interesting wildlife in that part of the world .. and the airfare from here in Canada was only $1,500 Canadian .. 1/2 the price of my beloved Africa !!!

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
It seems I have an agent in Canada

Thanks Richard, with ten more like you I will not be able to work at the office

By the way, maybe you know someone who can help me with IVF for cattle embryos??

Thanks again, but don't think this will avoid you from my comments if you ever ask me again to walk at night in buffalo country!!

Un abrazo

Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Where do you fly to?
What are the best dates?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I flew from Calgary/Dallas/Buenos Aires .. and then the little 29 minute hop over to Montevideo .. Up to buffalo country was a 6 1/2 hour drive .... With the reversed seasons ... I have now hunted in late July and in April .. April was rather hot for a few days as they went into their autumn ... I picked both April and July as I'm a school teacher and that is when I'm off. One nice thing about that place .. don't have to worry about malaria and taking larium ... A huge plus for me ... Can even drink the water ... although the Uruguayan beer is great ...Big Bottles !!! It also might be better to go before me .. 'cause I fully intend to shoot an ancient old bull .. and if a person goes earlier .. it'll still be around ... Ha! Ha!

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Ed your backup will be better armed next time but the problem is that he will want to wack some big bulls before 2005!!
Don't worry, I will convince him to leave some big cows for you

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Every time I get you injured or just put you in harm's way your comments do tend to be curt. I'll be satisfied with a cow buffalo if you will be satisfied with a tip in Zimbabwe dollars .. ???

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
If they change the law and let you import your own big bore rifle, I'm going on this trip.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
What rifles have you got for rent/borrow Lorenzo?

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
I'm talking with the Colonel in charge of guns importation and regulations, maybe I can solve this problem but I can't promise it. Here we have a 416 rigby (maybe two ) and a 9,3x62.

If someone wants more information just send me an e-mail.
Thanks for your interest.
Lorenzo