Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Chile?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted
So the wife is dragging me off to Chile next November. Is there anything reasonalbly 'cheap' to hunt in Chile? I'd probably only get about a 4-5 day hunt in.

I'd kind of like to hunt stag, but not sure I want to put that kind of money on the line when Africa is only another year away. Razzer

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I don't think you will be able to hunt a red stag in november. The antlers will be just starting to grow (they loose them around end of august), the same with fallow deers in same game ranches.

BUT....you can always go flyfishing in november !!! Good trouts and salmons in the south.

Good luck

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo is rigth in november most deer are antlerless ,but perhaps you can hunt some wild boars .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And cougar (our "puma") too.
Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys.

I'm thinking if anything, I'll just 'kill' some fish. Save my $$$ for the next trip to Africa. Smiler

Any places that I "must stop and fish"?

We will aslo be going to Easter Island for 4-6 days. Fly in and out of Santiago, and the wife also wants to fly down to Cape.

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote