New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia - Kafue Lion Hunt Discount!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Outfitter: Hunters & Guides (Gavin Hume)

Agent: Global Hunting Resources

Dates: September 17 - October 6, 2010

Guys, its hard to believe this hunt is still open, and it has been greatly reduced in price! The Kafue produces in my opinion, some of the very best WILD LIONS available in today's Africa. If you are still looking for a fabulous Lion hunt, at a great price, this is the ONE!! Leopard, buffalo, and loads of plains game will also be available. Including some of the excellent Sable the Kafue is famed for!

Normal Price: 21 - Days @ $2,500.00 per day = $52,500.00

Discounted Price: 18 - Days @ $1,300.00 per day = $23,400.00

Government Concession Fee: $7,000.00
Dip & Pack: $1,300.00
Medical Evac: $100.00
Government Licence Fee: $400.00
Charter: Lusaka - Kasonso (one way) $2,400.00 Twin
(one way) $1,500.00 Single

Trophy Fees:
1 x Buffalo ** $2950.00
1 x Bushpig $550.00
1 x Puku $920.00
1 x Hippo $2,600.00
1 x Lichten Hartebeest $1,330.00
1 x Impala $295.00
1 x Lion $8,000.00
1 x Leopard $5,400.00
1 x Reedbuck $870.00
1 x Oribi $640.00
1 x Sable $5,000.00
1 x Warthog $510.00
1 x Defassa Waterbuck $2,050.00
1 x Blue Wildebeast $950.00

** Just a note on the Buffalo, the buffalo herds at this time of the year are not always resident in the area, they move in and out of the concession from the Kafue National Park.

Please contact me for any additional details.

Thank you,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
** Just a note on the Buffalo, the buffalo herds at this time of the year are not always resident in the area, they move in and out of the concession from the Kafue National Park.

When there are no Buffalos where are the Lions...

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Kafue is LOADED full of game! Rarely are lions in many parts of the Kafue blocks feeding on buffalo!! In 16 weeks I have personally spent hunting the Kafue, I have never seen a buffalo kill. The Kasonso has a decent buffalo herd, unlike the Lunga Luswishi for example. In 2009 they had 7 on quota, and I believe they shot all 7 of them.

Trust me, the lions have plenty to eat!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron:
That is one heck of a great price for this hunt. I wish I could have taken advantage of this price when I hunted mine in 2008. Would imagine that the lions keep the Puku population in check. I saw numerous Puku remains in the Kilombero as well as 2 elephant toto's remains.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Kasonso in 2005 and if i were ever wanted to hunt Lion again i would go straight back there and hunt with Gavin. At this price it is a steal, plus you have a good chance at a Sable of lifetime

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about the cost of lion hunting, but quick math tells me this hunt is about 43k, is that cheap for lion? I don't know just asking.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenixdawg:
I don't know much about the cost of lion hunting, but quick math tells me this hunt is about 43k, is that cheap for lion? I don't know just asking.

When considering the normal price, and the lions that traditionally come from the Kafue. Its a BARGAIN!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenixdawg:

You'd likely have 70-75k all in with a smattering of plains game. That's one heck of a deal when as Aaron said you consider what you get......one of the best areas in the world for lion, sable, and many of the plains game.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed something, but I had it added up to a fuzz under $52k, not including international air fares, and this was with lion, leopard, and buff TFs included.

If my math is right, yes, this is a bargain for this area.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Maybe I missed something, but I had it added up to a fuzz under $52k, not including international air fares, and this was with lion, leopard, and buff TFs included.

If my math is right, yes, this is a bargain for this area.

Will - I think Brett was referring to the NORMAL price, not the discounted price.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Nope 75K ALL in for this deal IF you take one of everything.

23,400 day rates + 11,800 misc fees and charter + 5,000 tips, hotel, ect + 2,500 int air + 43,865 TFs IF you take one of each animal listed = $75,000

Normal price would be $75,000 + $29,100 discount = $104,000

I like paying $75,000 a LOT more than $104,000!!!

Another way to look at this is a similar hunt in Tanzania full price...but you get 2 more buffalo is $130,000. Or A 18-21 day lion, buffalo, sable, plains game hunt in the Save will be about $65-70,000 all in and you don't get a leopard. Or $30,000 with Tamm Safaris for only a pen raised lion you dare not talk about on AR! $75,000 isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a GREAT deal for what you get: A true wilderness hunt in one of the best places in Africa to take a monster lion, leopard, and sable. If I had the cash I'd seriously consider this hunt.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Nope 75K ALL in for this deal IF you take one of everything.

23,400 day rates + 11,800 misc fees and charter + 5,000 tips, hotel, ect + 2,500 int air + 43,865 TFs IF you take one of each animal listed = $75,000

Normal price would be $75,000 + $29,100 discount = $104,000

I like paying $75,000 a LOT more than $104,000!!!

Another way to look at this is a similar hunt in Tanzania full price...but you get 2 more buffalo is $130,000. Or A 18-21 day lion, buffalo, sable, plains game hunt in the Save will be about $65-70,000 all in and you don't get a leopard. Or $30,000 with Tamm Safaris for only a pen raised lion you dare not talk about on AR! $75,000 isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a GREAT deal for what you get: A true wilderness hunt in one of the best places in Africa to take a monster lion, leopard, and sable. If I had the cash I'd seriously consider this hunt.

Brett

If I win the power ball tonight I will take two!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can I go to watch?? hang out in camp... Will clean guns??

No afiliation with the outfitter, don't even know them..

But... I hunted the Kosonso in 98.. The place was spectacular with big lion.. They would chase the buffalo out of the park and follow the herds right through the big grass savanna's around the edge of the park, BIG Sable and Puku falling out of your pockets.. But, pressure the buff to hard and they disappear for day's back into the park until the lions push them back out to you..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted this concession in 2006 with Gavin. Excellent area for lion and the sable and sitatunga populations and quality are strong. The buffalo herds move in and out of the park. I took a massive bodied old buffalo bull; easily my best buf trophy. This is the hunt of a lifetime.

Posts: 97 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, pressure the buff to hard and they disappear for day's back into the park until the lions push them back out to you..

buffalo ping pong tu2