THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Australia – Buffalo + Scrub Bull/Wild Ox + Wild Boar + more
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Australia – Buffalo + Scrub Bull/Wild Ox + Wild Boar + more
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Australia – Buffalo + Scrub Bull/Wild Ox + Wild Boar + more

Folks – I am running a special hunt that may suit someone here who would like to come to Australia’s Northern Territory and hunt two of our fabulous dangerous game species plus boar and wild dogs. I am trying to fill some spare dates we have for next season. This is a customised 1x1 hunt for seven full days and eight nights in camp. The concession is at our regular scrub bull/wild boar camp, a working cattle ranch (station) of almost 500,000ac.

This is a great venue to get a big trophy scrub bull (wild ox), which is listed in SCI record book, as well as 2 trophy boar and wild dogs if we come across them. The buffalo hunting at this concession is improving every year and while the trophy average may not be as high as our premium buffalo concessions – we have been finding some very good bulls in the last few seasons. We can also organise cull buffalo cows at this concession at very good prices. This ranch is also known around the world for producing big trophy wild boar. Accommodation is in a tented camp with all amenities.

Regular price for this hunt at this venue: $13,500 package
Accurate Reloading special to fill these dates: $11,500
Hunting Dates: 24th through 30th August 2013. GREAT time to hunt there.
Arrival Point: Darwin. 4 hours by road to the hunt area.
Weapon: Bolt, lever or pump rifle, double rifle, suitable bow, handgun, muzzle-loader.
Included in the hunt cost: Details as above, accommodation, vehicles, camp, meals, drinks. Trophy fees for buffalo bull, scrub bull + 2 trophy wild boar + wild dogs + fishing. Sorry no donkeys and horses available on this hunt.
Not included in the hunt cost: Shares of Darwin ground transfers $600, licence $165, trophy prep $165 per bovine. Rifle hire $110 total, if required + cost of ammo.

Plenty of AR members who have hunted this concession.

Blacks' report here for a simmilar hunt at this concession Hunt Report

I am the actual outfitter for this hunt - any questions just let me know.

Matt Graham
Hunt Australia
www.HuntAust.com.au
PO Box 1380 Armidale NSW 2350
+612 67714734
office@HuntAust.com.au (best form of comm's)

Caption - 2012 trophy buff from this concession...

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Matt its been quite awhile since we talked. I have a question showing my ignorance on the rules. I thought some time ago your politicians decided we were not allowed to bring handguns any longer. Did I miss something or just am out and out wrong?
Mike

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No you are quite correct Mike - you cannot get an import permit for handguns for safari hunting. But you can get a special permit to use mine - I have a scoped SuperRedhawk 454 and a Redhawk 44. Both shoot really quite well and we have killed quite a few buff with them.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Non hunter price?

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2008 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can do non-hunter for $250/day on that hunt Jerry.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh I meant to add... the other hunter in camp is another AR member who has been to this concession before. He is a good guy but his jokes are worse than mine.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspected that some of the people weren't getting all of the jokes. stir

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh right .... those jokes from Canadia!! Big Grin

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a pretty sweet hunt to me. Great time of the year too tu2

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of blacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark R:
Sounds like a pretty sweet hunt to me. Great time of the year too tu2

Cheers,
Mark.

Agreed Mark, prime-time to be in the fabulous NT! in fact, re-living my hunt report above makes me want to head back asap...was just a great adventure.

blacks

"You won't shoot anything at home on the couch...."

Posts: 92 | Location: South Australia | Registered: 24 October 2010Reply With Quote