Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guided Elk Hunts Avaiable 2015
 Login/Join

posted
This is for guided Bull elk hunts in Unit 54 Northern New Mexico. This is a private ranch of over 15,000 acres. There are 3 spots available. Only 5 hunters per hunt.
This ranch last year sucess was 21 successful out of 22 hunters. Most bulls exceed 320".
This includes all lodging and food. Fully guided 5 day hunt. Hunt to be held October 17-21 2015.
$8450 plus your New Mexico license and tag.
Thank you for looking
There are no Trohpy fees, no daily fees nothing extra except for tags. Price for that is depending if you are a resident or not. Also meat processing is not included but can be taken to a local processor. Will field dress and quarter.
Larrycircle@yahoo.com
575-779-4409 Cell service very poor best to email or PM. live in the mountains.
P.O. Box 214
Red River, New Mexico 87558

Posts: 9 | Location: Good old USA | Registered: 07 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry Kolek is this you? If not, I apologize.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott f.:

It appears to be the same modus operandi.

Larry - How about posting a phone number?

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Since you are new here Wink, I have copied the rules required to advertise hunts on this site:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You are free to post your hunts here, free of charge, but please follow our simple guidelines.

All details MUST be posted.

That means daily rates, trophy fees and any required expenses such as transport etc.

You must be the one who is offering the hunt, or you are representing the outfit commercially.

No third party hunts are allowed to be posted.

Full contact details must be posted.

That includes address and phone number.

Any offer missing any of the above will be deleted.

WE appreciate your co-operation.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what some of you are infurring
This hunt is by some else.
The hunts I offered where in unit 48
Also they are all sold.
There are probably a million Larry's out there even some on here you may know well.
Thanks
Also if you have a problem with me call
I gave my number out many times
575-791-9840

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Not sure what some of you are infurring
This hunt is by some else.
The hunts I offered where in unit 48
Also they are all sold.
There are probably a million Larry's out there even some on here you may know well.
Thanks
Also if you have a problem with me call
I gave my number out many times
575-791-9840

Completely understand, you were just looking for a New Mexico elk hunt and stumbled across this thread. Could have happened to a million Larry's.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LHook
Oh Brother that's such a stupid comment.
I read all the hunts posted. don't you.
If you are not looking for and elk hunt why would you read it. If you are looking Book it sounds like a great hunt.
Like I said you have an issue call me we can get it cleared up. But just like the rest of the bullshitters nobody calls.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by accipiter1:
quote:
Originally posted by scott f.:

It appears to be the same modus operandi.

Larry - How about posting a phone number?

My apologies. Good luck with the hunt.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ok
Sold one spot have 2 openings left.
Just to let you know during a scouting trip over last week end seen a bunch of big Bulls already some in the 330 to 340 class already with over a month to grow yet. They can grow as much as 1" a day.
There is grass waist high. Had the best spring in 10 years. The Bulls will be well fed.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
22 bulls off of 15k acres? Avg 320? Wow.

posted Hide Post
Yes 21 Bulls over October and November.
The 15k acres are what they hunt on the ranch they have a joining property of much more than that, they don't hunt. Leave that for sanctuary.They have many more permits but don't sell them just usually 20. Last year we had a couple buddies that doubled up . We usually take only 5 hunters on 4 hunts. Thats it.
Few Bulls in the low 300" range the biggest was in the 370's
This is a well managed property and no public hunting. The hunting is in some of the best elk country anywhere in the country. Hunts on private ranches of equal size would be in the 15k range.

Need to shoot straight and be able to shoot out about 300 yards max. on this hunt. The first couple weeks of the season most where called in to less an 100 yards.
Thanks for looking

posted Hide Post
Added a 2nd week spot great hunt same area same price.
Just bought some cow permits these are DIY HUNTS
Also a few guided cow permits
Let me know
Circle 15

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'll book it for 4 K

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/9861027112

posted Hide Post
Sorry don't have a hunt for the 4k
You can't even buy a Land permit in this area for that.
There are some cow permits for $1000.
But those are hunts you do on your own in the unit.
Montana and Idaho may have some in that price range seen some in national magazines for about that price range.
Thanks you

posted Hide Post
Thank you all that inquired the last hunt is spoken for.
Maybe next year.
Circle 15

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no Larry Circle.

If you call the phone number listed it is the cell number of Jerry Shanley. Who is that? That's the guy that Larry Kolek books hunts for on the Taos Indian Reservation.
Which is what this hunt is for.

The same hunt offered last year with the same guy:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...431088402#3431088402

I just want people to be aware of the situation as I don't think it is being advertised in good faith.
I know what I have stated is true because I called the number and spoke with Mr. Shanley.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COYOTE HUNTER:

If you call the phone number listed it is the cell number of Jerry Shanley. Who is that? That's the guy that Larry Kolek books hunts for on the Taos Indian Reservation.

I just want people to be aware of the situation as I don't think it is being advertised in good faith.
I know what I have stated is true because I called the number and spoke with Mr. Shanley.

I'm not at all surprised. What a freaking scumbag.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Coyote Hunter can also hunt rats. Good job.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:
Originally posted by COYOTE HUNTER:

I'm not at all surprised. What a freaking scumbag.

Don't insult scumbags.

Posts: 11963 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Coyote Hunter can also hunt rats. Good job.

+ 1

Shameful behavior on AR by Larry Circle and who ever is really behind the alias.

Also moderators please don't delete this add - it is very informative for members to see dis-honest operators and booking agents who represent them.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you DUMB ASS HOLES
GOT YOUR NOSE OUT OF MIKES ASS CALL THE NUMBER
SEE WHO IS OFFERING THE HUNT.
IT'S MR.SHANELY. Not me
YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED UP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
If you DUMB ASS HOLES
GOT YOUR NOSE OUT OF MIKES ASS CALL THE NUMBER
IT'S MR.SHANELY. Not me
YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED UP

Why is an outfitter Mr. Shanely whose hunts were previously sold by Larry Kolek using an alias Larry Circle to sell hunts on AR?

Raises questions on Mr. Shanely (why sell a hunt under a false name if the post was actually made by Mr. Shanley) and Larry Kolek - why was he once affiliated with someone who according to Larry Kolek is now selling hunts on AR using an alias?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. No good answer here for LK.

Posts: 11963 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure who posted this ad or didn't but I personally know and have hunted with Jerry and he is a top notch guide and super person. And I hate to see him getting crucified on AR because of an on-going issue not of his making.

Mike--your comment implying Jerry is dishonest because Larry has booked hunts for him is a pretty low blow considering you don't know a thing about Jerry or how he conducts his hunts. This is not Alaska again. Not even close. We ate like kings, stayed in cabins and I killed a wonderful low 330s 6x6 Elk at 25 yards with Jerry on the call. No drama and no bullshit. And the other 4 guys in camp killed elk as well. 100% success. And I will hunt with him again in a second.

Jerry is as honest a guy as I have hunted with in the last few years and that includes some of the very popular PHs on this forum. Anyway--you guys have a beef with Larry then direct it at him. Jerry Shanley is one of the good guys and if you call him and talk to him then you can get yourself some great hunts. Directly. No middle man needed.

I've got to stop booking hunts off AR. Hell-I'll see Thor and Charl and Jan's names up here next. Jeez.

Regards,

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read the message Don - if Mr. Shanley placed the ad on AR there is a serious issue of placing an ad under a false alias. No outfitter needs to lie about his name in selling a hunt.

In my reply I mentioned - why sell a hunt under a false name if the post was actually made by Mr. Shanley.

Larry Kolek who has sold hunts for Mr Shanley previously on AR says that Larry Circle is Mr Shanley

From Larry Kolek post

IT'S MR.SHANELY. Not me

Mr Shanley should be worried if his former booking agent Larry Kolek is saying Larry Circle is Mr. Shanely.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonW28:
I'm not sure who posted this ad or didn't but I personally know and have hunted with Jerry and he is a top notch guide and super person. And I hate to see him getting crucified on AR because of an on-going issue not of his making.

Mike--your comment implying Jerry is dishonest because Larry has booked hunts for him is a pretty low blow considering you don't know a thing about Jerry or how he conducts his hunts. This is not Alaska again. Not even close. We ate like kings, stayed in cabins and I killed a wonderful low 330s 6x6 Elk at 25 yards with Jerry on the call. No drama and no bullshit. And the other 4 guys in camp killed elk as well. 100% success. And I will hunt with him again in a second.

Jerry is as honest a guy as I have hunted with in the last few years and that includes some of the very popular PHs on this forum. Anyway--you guys have a beef with Larry then direct it at him. Jerry Shanley is one of the good guys and if you call him and talk to him then you can get yourself some great hunts. Directly. No middle man needed.

I've got to stop booking hunts off AR. Hell-I'll see Thor and Charl and Jan's names up here next. Jeez.

Regards,

Don

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You are free to post your hunts here, free of charge, but please follow our simple guidelines.

All details MUST be posted.

That means daily rates, trophy fees and any required expenses such as transport etc.

You must be the one who is offering the hunt, or you are representing the outfit commercially.

No third party hunts are allowed to be posted.

Full contact details must be posted.

That includes address and phone number.

Any offer missing any of the above will be deleted.

WE appreciate your co-operation.

www.accuratereloading.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not interpret anything as negative toward the outfitter UNLESS he was using a fake name.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I did not interpret anything as negative toward the outfitter UNLESS he was using a fake name.

+1

I really doubt Mr. Shanley knows there is a Larry Circle selling hunts for him on AR and giving out his cell number.

No outfitter needs to sell a hunt using a alias. No business needs to sell a product or service using a alias.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

+1

I really doubt Mr. Shanley knows there is a Larry Circle selling hunts for him on AR and giving out his cell number.

No outfitter needs to sell a hunt using a alias. No business needs to sell a product or service using a alias.

Mike

I just got off the phone with Jerry. He doesn't post on AR. And Mike you were very perceptive above.

Regards,

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonW28:
quote:
quote:

+1

Mike

I just got off the phone with Jerry. He doesn't post on AR. And Mike you were very perceptive above.

Regards,

Don

Thanks Don

I feel bad for Mr. Shanley - he is getting what is by your reference a very good hunting operation tainted by the actions of a Larry Circle.

Its time Larry Circle man's up and says who he really is !!!!!

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So let me see if I understand this.

1- The outfitter doesn't post on AR under any circumstance.

2- An unknown person calling himself Larry Circle offers hunts for outfitter on AR.

3- Outfitter doesn't know who Larry Circle is.

4- Larry Circle offers the same hunts Larry Kolek offered last year.

5- Both Circle and Kolek are in New Mexico.

6- Cell phone given for Circle is actually outfitters.

6- Kolek denies being Circle.

You guys don't believe him? I do. I also believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny. rotflmo

Larry Kolek, you have some nerve. Do us a favor, stay away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

2- An unknown person calling himself Larry Circle offers hunts for outfitter on AR.

You guys don't believe him? I do. I also believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny. rotflmo

Next thing you know THIS guy will think he is Jesus next....Sheesh....

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I suspected it was Kolek from the start, but here is what sealed the deal for me: http://forums.accuratereloadin...804/m/6721081112/p/2

I am not sure whether he thought nobody would notice, or whether he forgot which alias he was signed in as. It's actually funny and sad at the same time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

I suspected it was Kolek from the start, but here is what sealed the deal for me: http://forums.accuratereloadin...804/m/6721081112/p/2

I am not sure whether he thought nobody would notice, or whether he forgot which alias he was signed in as. It's actually funny and sad at the same time.

That is hilarious. Taking DUMBASS to a whole new level. BUT, you have to admit he is a persistent dumbass. Just amazing.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree it's funny and sad at the same time. But mainly it is pathetic

I feel bad for Outfitter as he has some unknown person (we are know who he is) go put a ad for his business and then make representations on the business aside from the ad.

The person Larry Circle takes the act of agent upon himself giving out the outfitters information.

When someone double checks on Larry Circle - Larry Kolek comes out and then proceeds to throw the outfitter under the bus claiming the outfitter is Larry Circle.

So you have

False advertisement
False representation
False accusation (outfitter is Larry Circle)

What legitimate outfitter would let an agent go place an ad under alias cause I know your reputation is worthless? The outfitter in question has stated to Don he never comes on ar.

This is far worse than flogging questionable hunts. This is misrepresenting the agency relationship - hell no one knows that a hunt is being sold - the outfitter nor the client. Somehow the client calls and says saw your ad from Larry - the two people on the phone have a different Larry in mind.

This thread is a warning to all outfitters - when clients become groupies or Infatuated with the whole hunting business and think they can sell you hunts - be very careful to have them represent you. They may "go native" and leave one professional reputation tarred.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree it's funny and sad at the same time. But mainly it is pathetic

I feel bad for Outfitter as he has some unknown person (we are know who he is) go put a ad for his business and then make representations on the business aside from the ad.

The person Larry Circle takes the act of agent upon himself giving out the outfitters information.

When someone double checks on Larry Circle - Larry Kolek comes out and then proceeds to throw the outfitter under the bus claiming the outfitter is Larry Circle.

So you have

False advertisement
False representation
False accusation (outfitter is Larry Circle)

What legitimate outfitter would let an agent go place an ad under alias cause I know your reputation is worthless? The outfitter in question has stated to Don he never comes on ar.

This is far worse than flogging questionable hunts. This is misrepresenting the agency relationship - hell no one knows that a hunt is being sold - the outfitter nor the client. Somehow the client calls and says saw your ad from Larry - the two people on the phone have a different Larry in mind.

This thread is a warning to all outfitters - when clients become groupies or Infatuated with the whole hunting business and think they can sell you hunts - be very careful to have them represent you. They may "go native" and leave one professional reputation tarred.

Mike

Could we refer to this as a Circle Jerk?

God I crack myself up...

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for that one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't mess with AR guys!!! They will lay awake at night figuring out how to hunt you down!

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I held off a while. Mama always said it's not right to make fun of the handicapped.

Jeff