Tools

Tanzania Lion Special
 Login/Join

Picture of Shallom
posted
Type: 16-Day Safari
Basis: 1x1 Hunt
Outfit: Greenleaf Tanzania
Area: Lake Rukwa Game Reserve (Category 1)
Species: Lion & Select Species
Lion ($10,000)
Dates: Oct. 1st - 16th, 2015 (flex dates)
PH: Ryan Shallom
Price: $65,000

Not Included: trophy fee/tips/transfer
Transfer: Air Charter-4hrs($15,000)
Road-2 Days ($5,000)
Surety: The owner, Ryan Shallom, runs outfit, conducts field operatives & supervises all hunts

Refs: Reference can be provided upon request
Note: I will be at the upcoming SCI show
210-765-7774

Tanzania: P. O. Box 34211
Dar es salaam
Phone: +255 786 786 844

https://www.facebook.com/26425...5407/?type=1&theater

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

Posts: 17 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 25 September 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shallom:
Transfer: Air Charter ($15,000 value)

Is the air charter first class from Los Angeles?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Transfer: Air Charter ($15,000 value)

Is the air charter first class from Los Angeles?

Unfortunately not Sir. It is Caravan class from Dar es salaam to the camp airstrip. I have made some changes above to separate the costs and provide an alternative road option.

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I was thinking' the same thing: 15 grand for a charter!!! Same on the leopard and buffalo hunt. Save in one area by increasing in another area. And 5 K for a road transfer?!
This fall I'm chartering a 206 for a caribou hunt at $450 per hour. Alaska prices are high but...
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Is all of Tanzania's transportation this high? It's been 9 years since I hunted there.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Is all of Tanzania's transportation this high? It's been 9 years since I hunted there.
Cal

Cal, the charter cost is what it is in Tanzania and an hours flight would be anything from $1,500 to $2,000. Rukwa is in the far western side of Tanzania and amongst top 10 most costly charters. The caravan (208) is the safest and biggest plane to handle the circumstances, thus preference. The road transfer involves a local flight to Mbeya, after-which a vehicle convoy continues on a 15 hour route to camp.

Rest assured these specials are indeed good value for the quality and opportunity made available. The logistics are a challenge, but plans are underway to base a plane in Mbeya, which would make it easier and cheaper. This cannot be committed to until a service provider makes the decision to base out of Mbeya.

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ryan is a good fellow and we have used him for a few hunts and he is a straight shooter! Yes the transfer is a killer though! Good luck on selling this hunt Ryan. Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
208 cost per hour in North America is 600 to 1000. I have found two sites in Africa posting 1000 per hour. (does not say which country) Even so, let's say $2000 at four hours is eight thousand not 15000. I dunno, Vern.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:
208 cost per hour in North America is 600 to 1000. I have found two sites in Africa posting 1000 per hour. (does not say which country) Even so, let's say $2000 at four hours is eight thousand not 15000. I dunno, Vern.

Vern, $15,000 is a round trip charter with four hours each way - drop-off & pick-up. Charter costs for all registered airstrips in Tanzania are listed by most reputable charter companies. "Mlambala" is the airstrip in my Rukwa block.
Please feel free to raise any questions or concerns.

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:

While I believe the cost is high (at least for my income bracket) they do have to make two trips, one to drop you off and one to pick you up. If it is 4 hours for each trip it falls in line with the 1500 to 2000 per hour.

Good luck selling the hunt. Tanzania is a special place. My first safari was to LU5 in Tanzania (where Saeed now hunts) and it was a great experience.

Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buzz, hope you guys are having a good season down south. Hopefully the Ele issue will be cleared... Its hurting everyone and only helping the bad guys. Stay safe bwana. Cheers - Ryan.

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
Indeed Mike, it is a special place and even more so when you make the best and most of it... I remember fondly your report on your safari and the images of laying in the wild waters of the Luwegu... I really enjoy following your adventures. Ahsante,

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
If you buy this hunt insist that Ryan carry his Krieg "bunny love" as back up. Possibly the funniest thing I've scene this century!

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Cal

Cal, the charter cost is what it is in Tanzania and an hours flight would be anything from $1,500 to $2,000. Rukwa is in the far western side of Tanzania and amongst top 10 most costly charters. The caravan (208) is the safest and biggest plane to handle the circumstances, thus preference. The road transfer involves a local flight to Mbeya, after-which a vehicle convoy continues on a 15 hour route to camp.

Rest assured these specials are indeed good value for the quality and opportunity made available. The logistics are a challenge, but plans are underway to base a plane in Mbeya, which would make it easier and cheaper. This cannot be committed to until a service provider makes the decision to base out of Mbeya.

Air Charters have become a total fisting. It makes Tanzania very undesirable as a hunting destination. I love it there, but no one no matter how wealthy they may be loves getting screwed.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
Macs B, "Humping Rabbits" is still going strong Sir. She put the lights out on a charging buff at five paces on the last safari I guided... She continues to be my better half in the field. A Heym will be joining the arsenal this year.

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking' the same thing: 15 grand for a charter!!! Same on the leopard and buffalo hunt. Save in one area by increasing in another area. And 5 K for a road transfer?!
This fall I'm chartering a 206 for a caribou hunt at $450 per hour. Alaska prices are high but...
Cal

Cal,

is there is no extra hidden cost in AK not that i wish you get to pay more ....

all the best.

Phil

Posts: 1739 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Go hunt that Lion while you can.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9873 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://s207.photobucket.com/us...zps71eadb9a.jpg.html

I hunted with Ryan last year and had an incredible trip. The overall pricing of the hunt trip is a pretty good value for what you get 900,000 acres of pure wilderness with very high game populations. I felt like I was on a game farm the plains game and buffalo were very plentiful. The terrain varied from Miombo woodland to the open marshland by lake Rukwa. Ryan is a second generation PH and runs a great camp. I plan on returning in 2016. I attached is a link to my hunt report and the Greenleaf web site
http://www.greenleaf-tanzania.com/
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/3831061302

Posts: 170 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cnm123:
http://s207.photobucket.com/us...zps71eadb9a.jpg.html

I hunted with Ryan last year and had an incredible trip. The overall pricing of the hunt trip is a pretty good value for what you get 900,000 acres of pure wilderness with very high game populations. I felt like I was on a game farm the plains game and buffalo were very plentiful. The terrain varied from Miombo woodland to the open marshland by lake Rukwa. Ryan is a second generation PH and runs a great camp. I plan on returning in 2016. I attached is a link to my hunt report and the Greenleaf web site
http://www.greenleaf-tanzania.com/
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/3831061302

Thanks Bwana... looking forward to planning the 2016 adventure. We'll need some fishing equipment this time around - found the oasis! The hunting is getting easier so fishing will serve the challenge - Jimmy is training hard!

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...