Find
Notify
Tools

Green-Leaf Safaris Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hunt location: Tanzania Rukwa Hunting Concession
Outfitter: Green Leaf Tanzania (Ryan Shallom)
GREENLEAF TANZANIA LIMITED
P. O. Box 34211 ~ Dar es salaam ~ Tanzania
info@greenleaf-tanzania.com Office: +255-786-786-844
www.greenleaf-tanzania.com Direct: +255-786-271-275
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Booking Agent: GHR Aaron Neilson
Aaron Neilson
P.O. Box 620459
Littleton, Co. 80162
303-932-0550 office
303-619-2872 cell
globalhunts@aol.com
Airline: Egypt Air (No Problems or Issues with Guns)
Travel Agent: Travel with Guns /Steve Turner
Rifle: Blaser Jaeger 416 Rem Mag /Blaser Professional 375 H&H
Ammo: 416 Rem Mag 370 Gr Raptors/400 Gr Safari Solids/400 Gr Nosier Partition (Herd Situations)
375H&H 270 Gr Raptors /300 Gr Safari Solids (Never Used my 375H&H)
Game Seen not taken: Lion, Roan, Hippo, Crocodile, Bush Pig, Duiker and Reed Buck
Game Taken: 2 Buffalo, Leopard, Impala, Warthog, Hart beast, Puku, Waterbuck and Sable
Hunted July 16th –July 28th I was Ryan’s first client for the season and had a great safari the concession is incredible with terrain varying from hilly Mopani forests to the Lake Escarpment and miles of plains and wetlands. We would see 10-12 species a day and game was extremely plentiful especially Buffalo there were multiple herds and numerous groups of Dugga Boys in the entire concession. We put out 5 Leopard baits and had multiple cats on 4 out of the 5. We had one bait we called the Leopard highway it had 2 Females and 5 Males on the bait. The concession is huge and at times I felt like I was at a game farm there were so many animals.
This is Green-Leaf (Ryan’s) first year in full operation he has an excellent organization and concession. I would recommend hunting with Ryan without any hesitation and look forward to going back. This was my 5th and best safari the food, camp and service were all 1st class. Ryan is a second generation hunter and truly is an expert in running a camp and hunting. His entire team went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable and well taken care of. I wish Ryan, Jimmy and the Green-Leaf team all the best on this new endeavor and Look forward to a return trip. Special thanks to Michel Mantheakis for hosting us one night on our trip in to camp. Any questions please PM me Chris

This Buffalo was shot our first morning hunting a lone Dugga boy who made the classic mistake we were looking at his rear and turned around to look at us giving me a shot. As you can see from the picture my shot hit the Liver but the Raptor worked perfectly and he ran 100yds and was dead in minutes.

This Buffalo was shot our second day a big old Dugga Boy shot him across a river a tricky recovery we now had plenty of Leopard Bait

I am a very lucky hunter we shot this Leopard on the 6th day of the hunt at 10:30 am only my second session in the blind. We counted 7 Leopards on this bait and actually drove up to it and saw a female sleeping in the tree. We sat on the bait one evening but checking the trail cam we literally had cats visiting the bait 24 hours a day. Ryan built a walk in blind we got in at 7:00 AM and had cats on the bait all morning. At around 10:00 am we heard a fight and loud growling with a Leopard running past our blind at 15 yards. Ryan looked thorough the peek hole and saw the larger male sleeping with his upper half and back exposed. I took an 60 yard shot and spined him he died on the spot and we were ecstatic. My Leopard was a very old cat with broken chipped teeth and issues with his claws and pads he had very loose skin and weighted only 40KG. He was the right cat to take and my first and last Leopard. The Kabubi was a lot of fun and an experience I will never forget

I shot this Impala at the request of the cook the Buffalo were very tough and everyone in camp was complaining.

The Harte beasts were very jumpy and took off running as soon as they saw the truck. We put a stalk on 2 bulls and were lucky to get a shot on this one.

This Warthog bolted out of a hole and stopped 40 yds. away I made a neck shot and was thrilled he has a very big body and head his short tusks were thick and worn. I have 11” tusks waiting for the cape at home so mission accomplished

I shot this Water Buck and redeemed my self having missed an easy shot on a Water Buck the day before.

The Puku was not on my list but Ryan said you have to shoot one so I did. He will look great in my trophy room at home.

The Sable was shot on the last afternoon of my hunt and closed out a great hunt

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congratulations

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As soon as I saw you brought Blasers, I knew you'd do well :-)

Posts: 20111 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon
The 416 Blaser R8 is an amazing rifle. I had some operator issues but the gun worked perfectly and is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Looking forward to coming shooting
Regards
Chris

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks as if you had a great hunt and interesting to note that some of the Tanzanian operators/PHs are targeting those old Dagga boys rather than the herd bulls.

The Leopard is a beauty and a great one to take.

The Puku was a bonus as I believe they are rarity in Tanzania. How many did you see?

Just out of interest what was the allure of Tanzania? The question is more pointed at the cost of a safari compared to lets say Zimbabwe or Zambia.

Thanks for posting a great report.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9879 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 416Tanzan
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a great hunt.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"A well-rounded hunting battery might include:
500 AccRel Nyati, 416 Rigby or 416 Ruger, 375Ruger or 338WM, 308 or 270, 243, 223" --
Conserving creation, hunting the harvest.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a successful hunt and great trophies. Great bulls and a nice cat. Well done !

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2270 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 416Tanzan
posted Hide Post
How did you get from DAR to camp?
It's the full breadth of the country.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

500 AccRel Nyati, 416 Rigby or 416 Ruger, 375Ruger or 338WM, 308 or 270, 243, 223" --

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Some very fine trophies. Well done!!

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1384 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done and Congrats!

It doesn't get any better than a safari any where in Tanzania.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame
Lake Rukwa has a large population of Puku we saw hundreds. We also saw hundreds of heads of cattle which are encroaching on their territory on the concession.
As far as pricing I thought the pricng was competitive given the number of animals available and the lower trophy fees

416 Tarzan
We flew from Dar to Mbeya on Fast Jet and then a long car ride 16 hours to camp. We actually drove completely around Lake Rukwa taking a different route each way.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cnm123:
Fairgame
Lake Rukwa has a large population of Puku we saw hundreds. We also saw hundreds of heads of cattle which are encroaching on their territory on the concession.
As far as pricing I thought the pricng was competitive given the number of animals available and the lower trophy fees

416 Tarzan
We flew from Dar to Mbeya on Fast Jet and then a long car ride 16 hours to camp. We actually drove completely around Lake Rukwa taking a different route each way.

Thank you for answering my questions and very well done on your hunt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9879 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Very nice, it looks like you had a great hunt.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12566 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like an amazing safari, congratulations Smiler Really like the old trophy animals!! Tanzania is a dream destination.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report. Did the skinner recover any pedals from the raptors?

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1428 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a bag of some very nice trophies. Congratulations!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Chris...

Incredible hunt, congratulations my friend, well done................

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the Sable, congrats!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Samir
The only blades I recovered were from the buffalo liver. They are very small and hard to find. My ph was amazed at the damage inflicted by the Raptors most of my animals farted out their lungs through the exit hole. He is planning on visiting Michael at DSC to discuss how well the raptors performed.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Chris looks like an incredible trip. So glad for you and a huge congrats !

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ptperes
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cnm123:
Hunt location: Tanzania Rukwa Hunting Concession
Outfitter: Green Leaf Tanzania (Ryan Shallom)
GREENLEAF TANZANIA LIMITED
P. O. Box 34211 ~ Dar es salaam ~ Tanzania
info@greenleaf-tanzania.com Office: +255-786-786-844
www.greenleaf-tanzania.com Direct: +255-786-271-275
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Booking Agent: GHR Aaron Neilson
Aaron Neilson
P.O. Box 620459
Littleton, Co. 80162
303-932-0550 office
303-619-2872 cell
globalhunts@aol.com
Airline: Egypt Air (No Problems or Issues with Guns)
Travel Agent: Travel with Guns /Steve Turner
Rifle: Blaser Jaeger 416 Rem Mag /Blaser Professional 375 H&H
Ammo: 416 Rem Mag 370 Gr Raptors/400 Gr Safari Solids/400 Gr Nosier Partition (Herd Situations)
375H&H 270 Gr Raptors /300 Gr Safari Solids (Never Used my 375H&H)
Game Seen not taken: Lion, Roan, Hippo, Crocodile, Bush Pig, Duiker and Reed Buck
Game Taken: 2 Buffalo, Leopard, Impala, Warthog, Hart beast, Puku, Waterbuck and Sable
Hunted July 16th –July 28th I was Ryan’s first client for the season and had a great safari the concession is incredible with terrain varying from hilly Mopani forests to the Lake Escarpment and miles of plains and wetlands. We would see 10-12 species a day and game was extremely plentiful especially Buffalo there were multiple herds and numerous groups of Dugga Boys in the entire concession. We put out 5 Leopard baits and had multiple cats on 4 out of the 5. We had one bait we called the Leopard highway it had 2 Females and 5 Males on the bait. The concession is huge and at times I felt like I was at a game farm there were so many animals.
This is Green-Leaf (Ryan’s) first year in full operation he has an excellent organization and concession. I would recommend hunting with Ryan without any hesitation and look forward to going back. This was my 5th and best safari the food, camp and service were all 1st class. Ryan is a second generation hunter and truly is an expert in running a camp and hunting. His entire team went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable and well taken care of. I wish Ryan, Jimmy and the Green-Leaf team all the best on this new endeavor and Look forward to a return trip. Special thanks to Michel Mantheakis for hosting us one night on our trip in to camp. Any questions please PM me Chris

This Buffalo was shot our first morning hunting a lone Dugga boy who made the classic mistake we were looking at his rear and turned around to look at us giving me a shot. As you can see from the picture my shot hit the Liver but the Raptor worked perfectly and he ran 100yds and was dead in minutes.

This Buffalo was shot our second day a big old Dugga Boy shot him across a river a tricky recovery we now had plenty of Leopard Bait

I am a very lucky hunter we shot this Leopard on the 6th day of the hunt at 10:30 am only my second session in the blind. We counted 7 Leopards on this bait and actually drove up to it and saw a female sleeping in the tree. We sat on the bait one evening but checking the trail cam we literally had cats visiting the bait 24 hours a day. Ryan built a walk in blind we got in at 7:00 AM and had cats on the bait all morning. At around 10:00 am we heard a fight and loud growling with a Leopard running past our blind at 15 yards. Ryan looked thorough the peek hole and saw the larger male sleeping with his upper half and back exposed. I took an 60 yard shot and spined him he died on the spot and we were ecstatic. My Leopard was a very old cat with broken chipped teeth and issues with his claws and pads he had very loose skin and weighted only 40KG. He was the right cat to take and my first and last Leopard. The Kabubi was a lot of fun and an experience I will never forget

I shot this Impala at the request of the cook the Buffalo were very tough and everyone in camp was complaining.

The Harte beasts were very jumpy and took off running as soon as they saw the truck. We put a stalk on 2 bulls and were lucky to get a shot on this one.

This Warthog bolted out of a hole and stopped 40 yds. away I made a neck shot and was thrilled he has a very big body and head his short tusks were thick and worn. I have 11” tusks waiting for the cape at home so mission accomplished

I shot this Water Buck and redeemed my self having missed an easy shot on a Water Buck the day before.

The Puku was not on my list but Ryan said you have to shoot one so I did. He will look great in my trophy room at home.

The Sable was shot on the last afternoon of my hunt and closed out a great hunt[/QUOTE

Magnificent animals, Buddy... Congrats!

Posts: 32 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ptperes
posted Hide Post
Much better outcome than our trip to Zimbabwe last yer...:-)

Posts: 32 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paulo
This trip was very different than last year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Thanks for posting.
Great to see Ryan up and running his own deal.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 416Tanzan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve416:
Congratulations. Thanks for posting.
Great to see Ryan up and running his own deal.

tu2

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of great stuff my friend! A huge congrats to you.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Shallom
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Big Bwana! You got us off to a great start. The MoJo is working well. Cheers!

Ryan Shallom
Greenleaf Tanzania
Sustainable Safaris...

Posts: 17 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 25 September 2014Reply With Quote