New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Chete now!! 2019 UPDATE!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
JimbaSafaris.com and TheSafariConnection.com have acquired Chete Safari Area in western Zimbabwe! We have leased the area for a duration of 20 years and have already commenced road and camp reconstruction. As many of you know this area was held by a well-known safari company for years until their recent demise and subsequent auction of assets in Harare. Chete has NOT been fully utilized for 5 seasons now and camp was destroyed by the previous lessor and the **#N Zambians but we are working on it and will be ready for 2018 fully!! In our recent fly over and scouting trip over the area was holding TONS of buffalo and Ele along with good numbers of plains game throughout. When combined with our current operations at Sijarira Forrest Area we now have one of the single largest tracts of fair chase hunting in Zimbabwe possessed by any single company!! For the time being we are hunting up the Sengwa River by boat and or driving in from the awesome Sijarira Lakeshore Camp. This lease just came about and was released in the Harare newspapers last week and while this is great acquisition we were also obligated to purchase a percentage of the 2017 quota SO if you ever wanted to hunt Chete and you don’t mind the heat we have some deals that will make even the tightest African hunter rethink their fall plans!! Those of you that know me know my history and how my involvement brought organization and customer relations to Jimba and ALL issues were resolved at the time of my becoming partner. For those who don’t know me just google away there are ZERO bad reports online concerning me and none about Jimba since my involvement began in 2011 in daily operations. We provide help with the ever increasing difficult airline bookings and can save you thousands in air fares all done as part of our complete service and at NO cost to you the hunter. I can provide Wayne Dietrechsen, Mike Blignaut, Lou Hallamore (one of the H’s of HH? mentioned before that has 50 years of knowledge of Chete) and Clive Lou’s son are all available until the end of the 2017 season and all are excellent PH’s. A good example of how much we need to sell this quota would be this!! A 10 day buffalo hunt ALL IN from Vic Falls for $10K which includes the TFEE plus you can add a Leopard for $6K. I have 3 buffalo and 2 Leopards left and if you want all of this quota or part of it we can deal!! I have just revamped our web site TheSafariConnection.com and there are interactive Google maps that clearly show the areas and you can change to satellite mode to see in almost real time the current conditions and area dimensions. Call SafariSean @
8166973281 or email SCOTTOUTDOORS@HOTMAIL.COM for details. FYI South African has tickets available from JFK to Vic Falls for $1477.00 today!!

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be wonderful to see Chete return to its former glory. I look forward to seeing some pictures and hunt reports

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are on it!! Sending a track hoe over now to redo roads which are rough! One thing going for us is that poaching is difficult due to the location so with no real hunts done in the last 5 years the quality looks to be great from the get go!! We negotiated a smaller quota (the previous owner had upped it WAY beyond sustainability! for $$$ they just didn't care about the future) so we should be able to maintain excellent quality and I am dedicated to keeping the pricing as affordable as possible. There are plenty of companies wanting 40K for a Leopard but that wont be us EVER, if that were the case I couldn't afford to hunt my own concession!!!

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to share a campfire with Lou Hallamore!

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
Which company previously controlled Chete?

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Hhk

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the answer to a couple of questions, phone calls and post! First Diego is correct about the company that was in control. That is all I have to say about the previous lessor of Chete in a public forum. 2nd Lou is picking up a client in Vic Falls for Buffalo tomorrow and I will hopefully post pictures of the results. We took a great buffalo bull day before yesterday at Chete off (not on!!LOL) of the Sengwa River and this is the first animal we have taken. With sound management this animals quality (not a monster but a decent older bull about 42 inches) represents what we will have to offer all in the future. Hopefully Saeed lets me post some pics of this bull and the results of Lou H's hunt soon. Lastly YES if you want the cat you can hunt it as a stand alone hunt just this one time I will sell the 2 remaining permits for the $6K trophy fee and will do $750 a day, if you are really looking to save some bucks and are willing to chance a roll of the dice you can do it as a 10 day hunt but I HIGHLY recommend 14 days. If you want to hunt with Lou I can see if he wants to do anymore hunts this year after this next buffalo hunt but it is getting warm and while baits will still be ok for the next 3-4 weeks after that the heat is going to be problematic. AGAIN no hidden fees or surcharges we need a couple of hunters ASAP..

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I have cull Ele and tuskless as well along with hippo and croc quota call for a package price..8166973281

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can tell from the phone calls some of you want to know who the H**L I am! Some of you will know the name of Thad Scott Fine Guns he was my father and the exposure to all the big double guns led straight to Africa!!I have been a USA outfitter for over 3 decades and have been booking and partnering with African companies since my first hunt in the 90's with JPS Meyer( Lowveld Hunters) RIP Big Jannie!. My friend, now sadly gone, Russell Caldecot introduced me to Wayne about 10 years ago and we have been at it since. I was one of the first Americans to get seriously involved in Namibia and was part of the group that bought Otjiwa from Windhoek Breweries. Hopefully this helps a little. I have not been a great fan of internet posting but I have to evolve and this is needed for us to be a success..

SAFARISEAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone thinking about Jimba Safaris and Wayne Dietrechsen should do a search of them on AR and other sites. There is a lot of factual negative experiences with them. I don"t know the Hallamore's except by their excellent reputation but I am surprised they are associated with Jimba or Wayne whose reputations are less than stellar.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK. BUYER BEWARE.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won’t speak for Jimba but I will say that Sean hooked me up with a great hunt in Namibia several years back and was nothing but completely honest (if I remember I even used his Winchester model 70” while waiting for my gun to make it.
Everyone knows of the Hallamores reputations and I can certainly say that Sean did absolutely right by me and was 100% honest in all our dealings

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So even now after years of having successful hunters including 100% shooting on buffalo for almost 75 hunters from MY company you are judging ME and the existing companies performance by the poor performance of a PH long gone, fired for incompetence? I defy you RGC to find ONE word of IT bad press about me period. You don't know me and you are insulting me and every PH working with me and WAYNE to make this happen. Do you really think your judgment of a mans character is better than any of the PH's we work with?? I will personally stand good for ANY hunt I offer 100%!! so buyer beware I will do as stated you can bank on it. Or if you prefer listen to a sour grapes arm chair quarter back...

SAFARISEAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
SafariSean, you can generate all the indignation you want but I never mentioned you or your company or your PH's other than the well respected Hallamore's. I stated a cautionary warning based on past events. Do a search of Jimba and Wayne, read the reports both pro and con, then judge for yourself. He has had a number of different booking agents over the years if I recall correctly. I wonder why? He had an issue with his Zim PH license in the past according to some of the comments. It seemed to cause some problems at the time, iirc.

When you come to AR, that doesn't charge a dime to sell a hunt, you should be prepared to receive comments. Sometimes unfavorable ones. I have not written one negative word about you or your current operations. You should know by now that AR members discuss the good and the bad.

Good luck with your new concession.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize if it seemed I was over reacting but I felt the post questioned my honesty and the judgment/integrity of ALL the fine PH's that are working with us to pull this whole deal together. Russell Caldecott asked me as a personal favor to step in and work with Wayne just after the issue with Tim L. and if you knew Russell you would know he never took something like that lightly. Russell told me that Wayne was a great hunter that was not getting a fair shake and that he could be trusted so I took him at his word and stepped in to try provide the type of support all good hunting operations need. Many PH's are great hunters but NOT good business men and that was somewhat the case with the original Jimba. Now if you hunt with us the money is paid here and tfees are held in escrow HERE with me or I simply take a CC payment when the hunt is over via Skype or What's APP. and only with the hunters written and verbal permissions. I hope that everyone that reads this understands that I am in no way excusing how the issue with the little ELE was handled, IT was mishandled completely from the get go however that was before my involvement. If it happened today no one would ever have been aware a mistake had been made it would have been fixed then and there on the spot and the hunt would have progressed on. One of the issues I have with chats, forums posting, etc. etc. is that the repercussions do run deep and impact many people behind the scenes. Tim paid the ultimate price for his mistake he lost his livelihood, his possessions and his self-esteem and to my knowledge he has never worked as a PH again. He paid that price for misjudging ONE animal with a difficult client. I am aware of other issues with him that were not publicized and to be honest those issues are why he doesn't work with Jimba anymore not he highly publicized issue so many waded in on. I would love to have been able to buy out Big Five and own the Zambezi Hilton but I as a heavy equipment operator for the local KC union and in the off season a deer hunting guide I simply didn't have the funds to buy out a successful well respected company. My only way in was to find someone that needed a good customer relations person. I invested 10's of thousands of my own $$ to renovate the Sij camp and this year I won't make a nickel EVERTHING is going back into Chete. It's not like I can go to the bank and barrow money it will all come out of pocket which is why I trying to dump off this last little bit of quota. If I don't we just basically are burning almost $40K. Hopefully Saeed let me post some pics soon I have new pics of the camps current condition and would like to keep the AR community updated on our progress as we restore what was once one of Zimbabwe's most scenic hunting camps and one of the best areas there was!! In closing Lou seemed genuinely happy to be getting back to Chete he started there almost 50 years ago and knows every spring, seep and creek so my current hunter should have an excellent hunt!!

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blah, blah, blah. Is the hunt still available? What animals are left and what is the camp going to look like?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwarf416:
Hhk

There is your answer to Chete being totally destroyed!

Chete was a prime hunting arfea. We hunted it 5 consecutive years when Roy Vincent was in charge.

An absolutely fantastic safari area, that requires a lot of foot work.

I know hunters who have been there with HHK and the area was almost totally devoid of game, and the camp was in a sorry state.

I hope the new owners return it to its original state.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the hunt is available and would be based out of Sijarira just west of Chete about a 15 minute boat ride. Chete Camp is a wreck but we have just brought in 200 bales of thatch from the Caprivi and NOW at least have them dried in where we can start resoration of the interiors. I have pics I am putting up on my web site Monday and detailed area maps already up.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rastaman:
Blah, blah, blah. Is the hunt still available? What animals are left and what is the camp going to look like? I agree Rastaman! Lots of quota 1 hunter in camp now hopefully shooting buffalo and hippo

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Hhk

Chete was a prime hunting arfea. We hunted it 5 consecutive years when Roy Vincent was in charge.

I know hunters who have been there with HHK and the area was almost totally devoid of game, and the camp was in a sorry state.

I see you're in the UAE just an FYI we will be attending the Riyadh Sport Show next month just a short flight away if you know of anyone local interested. We have lots of exportable elephant and one area that consistently produces bulls over 25KG.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted Chete twice, both times with Lou Hallamore and Chete is/was my favorite place to hunt in Africa. I hope the new "owner" takes better care of the camp, PH's and clients than the previous management. If it looks like things are working out I suspect I'll be hunting there once more with Lou. I wish them the best.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Karl! Chete WILL BE restored to its once fabulous glory!! The one single thing we pressed for over the last 2 years while we negotiated this lease was a smaller overall quota than was previously in place. I am unsure of how the annual harvest became so distorted but between the increase in poaching from the Zambian side and over harvest the area suffered dramatically. With a sound management plan in place Chete will bounce back and already has to some extent! I have recent photos of the Chete Gorge Camp and have some that show that we have at least got the thatches back on the roofs and we are DRY. As funding allows we will start the enormous process of rebuilding the camp and roads on and into the area. We were in a unique position as "owners" of Sijarira to accomplish our goals in Chete and as our hunters that have been at Sij know we do know how to do reconstruction and maintenance!!. We have a viable anti-poaching program established and we have the equipment and human resources already in place just a short 20 minute boat ride from Chete landing to restore the camp and become more vigorous in the anti-poaching patrols in Chete proper. Reach out to Lou if you like we would gladly host a visit from you in 2018. As you know Lou is independent of my company but we GLADLY accept his help and advice with any hunts he can do for us. I am unsure of his current 2018 booking schedule but I am sure he can find an opening to hunt with you. I would like you to see our progress and see our commitment to seeing this whole endeavor is done correctly and with a little class! See you in Lubbock... SS PS sent the pics to your DSC email.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sending photos, I'm hunting but will look at them later this week. I'll be in touch soon.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hhk

Saeed could you post the pics I sent you so everyone can see the camps current state and watch as we rebuild??

SAFARISEAN

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SafariSean:

Saeed could you post the pics I sent you so everyone can see the camps current state and watch as we rebuild??

If you open a free Imgur account you can post the photos directly to the forums yourself.

After you start an account, you can upload the photos to an album. Hover over each photo and a menu will appear.
Click on the draw down arrow in the top right corner of the photo and then click on "Share links".
On "BB Code (Forums) click the "Copy" button

Start a post here on any forum and paste that link and the photo shows up, like this:

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a little about hunting leases in Zim in general, and about Chete in particular. They are normally for 5 years with an option to roll over for a second 5 year period, at which time they are put out to bid. So the claim that this outfit has a 20 year lease already raises my eyebrows.

There is normally a substantial upfront fee, and then the quota has to be paid in advance each year as well. That is probably why this new outfit wanted a reduced quota ... nothing to do with conservation.

And this last minute rush to sell some hunts in 2017 sounds like a way to raise some cash to fund the reconstruction of the camps (which is not that big of a deal compared to the Parks money.) I don't understand why Hallamore of HHK is still involved, perhaps he owns this 2017 quota. I will say it does not surprise me that the HHK story apparently ended badly.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
I know a little about hunting leases in Zim in general, and about Chete in particular. They are normally for 5 years with an option to roll over for a second 5 year period, at which time they are put out to bid. So the claim that this outfit has a 20 year lease already raises my eyebrows.

There is normally a substantial upfront fee, and then the quota has to be paid in advance each year as well. That is probably why this new outfit wanted a reduced quota ... nothing to do with conservation.

And this last minute rush to sell some hunts in 2017 sounds like a way to raise some cash to fund the reconstruction of the camps (which is not that big of a deal compared to the Parks money.) I don't understand why Hallamore of HHK is still involved, perhaps he owns this 2017 quota. I will say it does not surprise me that the HHK story apparently ended badly.

I know when Roy Vincent had it, it was on a 5 year lease.

We hunted there all these 5 years with great success.

It would really be grate if Chete can get back to what it was.

Not sure how it was at the beginning, but in the latter years I heard that HHK was involved in all sorts of unsavory practices.

Personally, I would not touch them with a barge pole if they are still run by the same management.

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your information is close but a little dated. First a normal lease for a decent area in Zim is 5-10 years depending on the area and whether it is forestry or parks to some extent. Chete has not had a lessor for 5 years no income to parks period. We have a 10 year lease with 2 5 year options so please forgive me if you feel that was misleading. There was a SUBSTANTIAL FEE upfront to prepay the extended lease and that money aside from a heavy percentage as a security/down payment was barrowed in Zimbabwe from a Bulawayo bank. I think that is enough detail of our business to satisfy anyone. The quota we have is partial only (35%) after all only a fool would agree to buy the entire 2017 quota in October. You are my friend full of BS when it comes to our focus on quality. I have been a guide here in North America for over 30 years and fully understand quality wildlife management plus I don’t LIE and certainly wouldn’t purposely tell any falsehood in a public well examined forum. SO yes it has everything to do with conservation would you sign an extend term lease giving away everything you own if you fail to just go and hammer everything in sight repeating what happened to the company you mentioned which had to lead to failure? I don’t want to see my stuff in the Harare News listed for public auction which is exactly what occurred to the previous tenant this summer when they couldn’t make payments to MBCA Bank in Harare. ALL of their assets were auctioned 4 trucks, camp gear everything the bank could repossess. I don’t know about personal property like homes but if we screw this up my partner loses his home and I lose my life’s savings/retirement money so yes we want this area to be very hunt able for the next 10 years. After that we will see if someone wants to make a nice purchase of a great complete hunting operation Hopefully. Yes we need funds to rebuild camp and to be done right it will cost nearly if not as much as the lease. There are 4 chalets that are 100% gutted we pulled out everything and had a fire. The camp kitchen is burned to the foundation as is the shop/ salt room. There is a pool but when no one was tending the area everything was taken including all the piping and pump for the pool. We are starting from scratch. We want to power the camp with solar, rebuild all the buildings, have ensuite baths and nice front porches on all the chalets which look over Chete Gorge everything Chete used to be and more. We are starting with absolutely nothing you can name it is there. I am actively seeking some outside $$ from some folks here in the USA my estimate to rebuild camp and the ROADS which are impassable in most cases is a minimum of $150K before we buy any new hunting buggies. Lou works on his own and has not been attached to the previous lessor for quite some time nor does he have any connection to my company other than he was available to work as PH this week and I like him so he has first choice of my clients when we need outside help.. He is 100% an independent operator and his web site if available to see at http://hallamorehunt.com/ . Clive his son also worked with us in 2016 and did a great job I HIGHLY recommend either. Closing this my Client Jeff M. and Lou shot a big bull up the Sengwa this afternoon late it has not been recovered as of yet. I know how to put up pics now and will get the link up soon hopefully they recover the bull in the AM>>>>>

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know when Roy Vincent had it, it was on a 5 year lease.

We hunted there all these 5 years with great success.

It would really be grate if Chete can get back to what it was.

Not sure how it was at the beginning, but in the latter years I heard that HHK was involved in all sorts of unsavory practices.

Personally, I would not touch them with a barge pole if they are still run by the same management.
I have NO association with HHK. We are TheSafariConnection.com ---JimbaSafaris.com. I live near KC when not in Zim or Namibia and stand behind EVERY hunt 100%.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picture of camp as of now and the first Chete Bull taken in some time!! Mike Blignaut PH one of the finest young hunters I have met in some time!! He can be reached at Mike@TheSafariConnection.com

SAFARISEAN

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I sincerely wish you the best of luck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sincerely wish you the best of luck!
THANK YOU as you can see it is a serious commitment. We have been trying to do this for 3 years but terms had to be favorable given the extent of capital needed to rebuild camp and the roads.

SAFARISEAN

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our truck broke down in the Donga Juma, the furthest place from our camp, just before sunset!

We had to walk home in the dark clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not saying it's impossible but I have never heard of a 10 year lease with 2 5 year renewal options. If you were granted that, you have some seriously influential partners and a lot of money behind you to get Parks to give up their normal practice of getting a chunk of change every 5 years. Yet it sounds like you are seriously undercapitalized.

You have 10 years with options, yet you plan to sell it after 10 years? Doesn't work that way. You can't "sell" a Parks safari area if you are the lessee. You either take up the option (and pay the money) or you relinquish the lease. Parks makes the call when you relinquish the lease, naturally it goes to the highest qualified bidder and sometimes that means to the bidder who has the "right" partners. You can try to negotiate some kind of payment from the successor for "improvements" but that is usually a nominal amount of money to buy the furniture and other personal property.

You have the lease and are hunting the area, yet you are still looking for investors in the USA? Doesn't work that way. Parks won't issue quota until they have their money, the upfront payment as well as the quota paid in full.

You stated that your annual quota is reduced in the interest of building up the game populations, not for financial reasons, but now you argue that's only 2017 quota that is reduced due to the calendar. If the area is crawling with buffalo as you state, then why cut the annual quota? And if it's crawling with buffalo, why are you shooting marginal bulls?

I also think you also need to state whether your (required) indigenous partner(s) are on the State Dept list of prohibited persons.

This could be all legit but appears to be a case of BBB. Any potential client should make sure that the hunting area specified on the TR2 is in fact the Chete area before commencing any hunt. Quota is not transferable. Remember Cecil?

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not saying it's impossible but I have never heard of a 10 year lease with 2 5 year renewal options. If you were granted that, you have some seriously influential partners and a lot of money behind you to get Parks to give up their normal practice of getting a chunk of change every 5 years. Yet it sounds like you are seriously undercapitalized.

You have 10 years with options, yet you plan to sell it after 10 years? Doesn't work that way. You can't "sell" a Parks safari area if you are the lessee. You either take up the option (and pay the money) or you relinquish the lease. Parks makes the call when you relinquish the lease, naturally it goes to the highest qualified bidder and sometimes that means to the bidder who has the "right" partners. You can try to negotiate some kind of payment from the successor for "improvements" but that is usually a nominal amount of money to buy the furniture and other personal property.

You have the lease and are hunting the area, yet you are still looking for investors in the USA? Doesn't work that way. Parks won't issue quota until they have their money, the upfront payment as well as the quota paid in full.

You stated that your annual quota is reduced in the interest of building up the game populations, not for financial reasons, but now you argue that's only 2017 quota that is reduced due to the calendar. If the area is crawling with buffalo as you state, then why cut the annual quota? And if it's crawling with buffalo, why are you shooting marginal bulls?

I also think you also need to state whether your (required) indigenous partner(s) are on the State Dept list of prohibited persons.

This could be all legit but appears to be a case of BBB. Any potential client should make sure that the hunting area specified on the TR2 is in fact the Chete area before commencing any hunt. Quota is not transferable. Remember Cecil?

I heard that HHK were very good at quota transfer!

Has that been stopped now??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
First of all we FULLY prepaid parks for the duration of the lease 100% I clearly stated that and the fact that we barrowed the money from a bank in Bulawayo so maybe you missed it?? 2nd We can and will eventually sell out if there is still hunting in Zim in 10 years I have no intention of doing this forever. We can FULLY sell Jimba and with it the rights of first refusal with Parks under our agreement as can ANY Zim operator along with equipment and camp furnishings. Are you saying that when Big Five sold the Zambezi Hilton they did get but a few see yah bucks?? REALLY REALLY? As far as investors and the quota we have for this year. We wanted some quota to promote the area but I certainly wouldn't want to prepay for all of the 2017 quota in October as stated before it would be silly, are you saying I should have purchased all why?? We did ABSOLUTELY question quota numbers, as stated by Saeed HHK managed to shoot and this is just rumor OVER 20 BULLS from Chete in one season that is a far cry from the 8 we have now on quota and we will not try any shady "optional quota" BS we will stick with our management plan or this will blow up and I will be broke end of story. Yes Wayne is 100% indigenous and NO we are not on the ban list and are registered in good standing with SOAZ and ZPHA anyone concerned can check the TR2 and rest assured we are the legal owners of the Chete lease. I am posting a picture of Wayne with an ELE bull recently taken I am sure it wont meet your obviously superior standards but you can see Wayne clearly and just how indigenous he is. In closing we have met my father was Thad Scott and I was walking with Steve Barnett when we were introduced I don't understand why you are so intent on calling me a liar? Are you jealous or is your problem something else?? I wouldn't call you a liar until proven and I AM certain you would not call me that to my face why is it so easy for you to bash me here? What have I done that could possibly have earned your disapproval and obvious dislike?? I will attach a pic of myself so maybe you will remember my face I am on the right in the second photo. I am trying to be transparent and show we will not operate in the same fashion as the previous lessor this has to work for us. I am sorry the buffalo doesn't meet your standards it was 110 degrees and he was with a group of bulls, my hunter was very happy. He is not a punk not a monster either but a good start.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pics of Sij after we restored the camp released by HHK in 2011 where we are currently basing the hunts it was also w wreck. In 2018 we will NOT have camp done at the beginning of the season we simply don't have the funds unless we can get some additional capital. The hunts will be done from Sijarira and in likelihood from a luxury houseboat docked at Chete landing to access the far north east side of the area.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected about the terms of a ZPWMA lease after the initial lease period the current operator has the indefinite right of first refusal not just 2 lease cycles. I was given this info by a member that is also a lessor from parks.
Let me also clarify my previous statement no threat was meant about calling me a liar to my face I simply marvel that we as a society seem to accept being disrespectful to each other via twitter, forums, Facebook etc.. I personally would NOT call or even hint that another man is a liar even if I knew it to be true. So please allow me to at least fail and screw up before condemning me as a liar and cheat.........

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted in Zim for ele and buff quite a few times now. I have never hunted this area, predominantly because it was/has
or has been shot out and heavily poached.All in the Zim game know this,and so do a lot of clients who bother to do due diligence on areas.

You can put in a luxurious camp etc, but it will take several years for the game to re establish. This only on the proviso that
you put in a very rigorous anti poaching regime, as per CMS in the Zambezi valley.

I personally am not interested in luxury camps when there isn't good game numbers period.

As to hunting Chete now, as per your header on this thread, it really isn't viable in 2017/18 in my opinion.
There are far better and safer bets within Zim than Chete right now.

As said previously, there is scope for it coming back in all its glory, but it will take time……..

Good luck with your endeavours,i sincerely wish you well with it. you can achieve it and get a return in that initial 10 yr term.
you just may have a few lean years early into your lease term.

cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are right it is going to take time the only positive is the area was ignored for 5 years so some game has repopulated maybe not to historical numbers but where in Zim has the population of game not been affected? . Communal populations are lower than what adjoin other safari areas in Zim so less population means less pressure . Our problem is Zambia 2 years ago 2 guys came across the lake shot a 15 pound female ele then walked to the Binga road where they had apparently made some deal to smuggle out the ivory. That went south and they killed the Zim guys then retreated towards the lake. The reactionary team out of Victoria Falls caught up with them and ended it. Sad part the guy was carrying a Westley Richards. 450 3 1/4 single shot with fresh ammo, care to guess where he got it? The good thing is tech is getting cheaper we can buy FLIR for nothing compared to 5 years ago and it is extremely effective over water so hopefully we can stop the Zambians to a larger extent. Elephant and buffalo populations are good now so we have a solid start.

SAFARISEAN

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Actually, the fact that it has not been hunted for 5 years does not mean much.

I suspect poaching would have been rampant - a few years ago someone I know hunted there, and did not see much game.

One also has to bear in mind the very fluid rules and regulations in Zimbabwe, where things change over night, and an agreement with the government becomes totally worthless.

Again, I know someone who was guaranteed his purchase of a farm by the government as a foreign investor, a few years later they took it away from him.

You are very brave to put your money in Zimbabwe, and I do wish you all the best success.

Personally, the only money I would invest in Zimbabwe is my trillions of Zim dollars!