THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Traditional English Driven Pheasant MAKE ME AN OFFER!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traditional English Driven Pheasant MAKE ME AN OFFER!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hunt: Traditional English Driven Pheasant
Dates: 28th November to 1st December 2013
Outfitter: Athina Sporting
Arrival Departure Point: London Heathrow
Original Price: £1,970 Total For two days shooting. MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!
Expected Bag: 250 Pheasants per day (Single Guns)
Availability: 3 Spaces Left on each day

Athina Sporting Contact Details

Address:
Athina Sporting
1st Floor, 106-108 High St
West Wickham
Kent
England
BR4 0ND

Email: Info@Athinahuntingtours.com or Adam@AthinaSporting.com

Telephone: 0044 (0)20 8289 3322

Hi All,

I have three spaces available at short notice for the above shoot at an excellent Driven English Pheasant Shoot in Herefordshire. The price quoted above is for the shooting only. We will be staying in the Overton Grange Spa hotel from the 28thNov to the 1st Dec (3 nights @ about £140pp pn)

I can make guns available free of charge, and cartridges available at cost (about £8/box depending on the brand). If we really get a move on we can also get you permits issued to bring your own guns.

The only other thing I can think of that is not included are gratuities.

All participants would need personal liability insurance available at £30 (Valid for the year).

If we can arrange suitable Flights, I can offer free transfers to and from London Heathrow.

I can arrange Accommodation for you but you will pay the hotel directly at the end of your stay.

This is a great chance to experience a traditional English Pheasant Shoot, showing some excellent birds in a parkland setting.

If you fancy trying the UK or coming back for more MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!

Best regards,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kiri - for an American not sure of the terminology are you saying each gun, assuming some reasonable level of marksmanship, could expect to shoot 250 birds plus or minus?

And, all birds shot are the property of the landowner?

Also will be sending you a PM.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi bill

Thanks for your pm.

In respect of the pheasants, it is 250 birds per day for the team of 9 guns. That is also taking into account the strange English tradition of shooting the difficult birds rather than the easy ones.. I know, it gets confusing!!!

To give you an idea, it is expected that a good shot will shoot 3:1 at good pheasants, (anyone can do better on low birds). An exceptional shot will be at 2:1 or less as a cartridge ratio.

Happy to answer any questions and help dispel the myth that an English pheasant shooting is some kind of canned turkey hunt.

K

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
BTW

Single guns means that we are not shooting with a pair of guns and a loader. You shoot one gun at a time and load yourself.

K