New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Range Lion 2015
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There has been a Lion causing havoc in my concessions recently killing livestock belonging to the local villages . This has been happening since December . There were attempts made to eliminate this Lion but due to not enough time / Murphy's law / rain this Lion is still around. Trust me this is a big Lion ask Brian Van Blerk one of the PH's who has observed this Lion up close in the forestry concession where it actually resides most of the time. This time of the year it wonders a lot out of its domain killing cattle.

Anyway this hunt should it take place needs to take place ASAP the sooner someone arrives the better. Or It will have to be taken care of as a PAC. Which would be a great shame. Just last week it killed 4 more cows and our National Parks department have asked me to take care of it ASAP.

I recommend 14 days minimum @ $ 650 a day to cover my fees etc and if you are successful then a trophy fee of $ 10500.

This will include:
Food ,accommodation ,drinks, daily laundry.
Hunting vehicle ,P H , trackers skinners etc.
Field prep of trophies and delivery to local exporter for Dip & Pack or Taxidermy work.Transfer to camp and back to airport.

Not included:

4 % govt tax on total hunt.Any baits needed.
Staff gratuities .Any other animals hunted .
Dip & Pack , Taxidermy and shipping of trophies.
The new 15% VAT on Accommodation which will not be more than $ 750 total.CITES tag .

Who knows what else you could hunt whilst looking for this Lion , possibly Hyena for sure . Allot of the hunting will most likely take place at night using a caller to attract the Lion , or from a blind on its own kill if we can get so lucky which is very possible.

Please contact me on nyamazanasaf@netconnect.co.zw . My land line number is +263 9 247117 or cell +263 772450375

Good hunting .

Wayne Van Den Bergh

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

Posts: 108 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 03 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Wow......what's the area?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My apologies , the area is in Umguza district near Bulawayo approximately 100km - 180km from Byo depending on where its moving around. This is in Zimbabwe.

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Why not get it on bait and put a camera up?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9873 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If this is the same cat as I saw in 2013, here is a pic that Brian and I took of it while trying to get a permit- no one would let us at the time...

2 years older now.

Hope you can sell him Wayne..

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the size of his tracks and mane hair left at last kill sight . it's a good chance it is the same cat . This Lion is begging to be hunted . I hope someone can come sooner than later. This Lion has become kinda complacent in these rural areas raiding livestock. I just know if its not hunted they will end up poisoning it or snaring it. Thanks for the photo.

Cheers

Wayne

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! If I wasn't already booked this year, I would be there.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Wayne,
Hope you get someone out there soon.
Cheers,
Adam.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 13 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone is gettin' a good deal on a kitty. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this for the one lion only? The one causing the problems? What if you run across another nice male? Just curious. Thanks

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunslinger , The 1st nice Male Lion we come across will be harvested . I have 2 legal Lion export tags therefor I will definitely not pass up any good opportunities should they present themselves.

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS