THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Reduced Price NC Trophy Black Bear 500lbs several Boone and Crockets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reduced Price NC Trophy Black Bear 500lbs several Boone and Crockets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm sent

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the wts of those last three killed?
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6015 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
535, 320, and 618
We killed 8 over 500 with a total of 13 harvested during the 6 days of our first season. All but two of these bears were killed by clients.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
This 600 pounder was hit on the road not far from the lodge Thursday morning. Driver was lucky that he was in an eighteen wheeler.

https://www.facebook.com/NCBea...0528/?type=3&theater

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Good news about Bear Hunting in NC. Our Wildlife Resource Commission just passed a law allowing for us to legally bait throughout our entire Bear season.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the OP but will say that this is a fantastic offer. Being from the 'Dax when I had heard bear in Coastal NC looked more like hogs because of their weight. I saw one mounted in a LGS that was 575. I had to look twice because I thought it was a dark grizzly. They are that big. To guarantee a bear over 500 says alot about his area. Guides here get 8-10k a week without the guarantee. A lot if it is stand hunting smaller property. Land in ENC to bear hunt is at an all time premium if it can be found at all. Free bump for a very good offer. The 700+ lbs. was killed next to the lodge Jim Shockey was hunting. He immediately bought a ranch/property on the same trip as I understand it. I had planned to hunt 2 years ago but being mowed down by a reckless driver has slowed me down a little.

Cpt. Purvis,
I will be in touch soon for this season.

Posts: 193 | Location: Raleigh,NC | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also had the opportunity to hunt the coast for Whitetail. I filled 5 tags in one evening and saw roughly 50 more. If you haven't hunted WT in ENC on a bean farm your in for a treat. The old mature buck I took came in after I shot the others and when I went to pick them up I counted 20 more with one being a massive 9 point. No way to describe deer density here but as an add on this will be a great hunt.

Posts: 193 | Location: Raleigh,NC | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
Pay be the inch, or in this case weight, is something I'll never participate in. IMO it's a ridiculous way to conduct an outfitting business.

For a free ranging critter, I completely agree. If it was a high fence operation, where the outfitter was raising the critters and had a cost associated with it, then okay, But to charge a premium for a truly wild critter just because its bigger than the average is piracy.

Whenever I see that kind of pricing, I just move on!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1976 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Not to muddy the water......... but for those of us that see 600 pound bears in various shapes and sizes......... can you give us some hide squares and skull measurements please?

I know that NC is producing big bears but I get tired of weights as I have seen pig fat 6 foot bears that weighed over 500 and skinny 7 1/2 footers that had to grunt to make 350 in the spring, but had big skulls.

These NC bears have a LONG eating season and great climate. There are some big B&C bears coming from this area. No doubt they are producing monsters but I also know that weight alone is not and should not be only measuring tool.

I like to hear about the size of the hide to get a perspective of the carcass size of the bear and of course the skull measurement that all the scoring systems use. The skull size is not important other than it is another indicator of overall skeletal structure and size.

Thanks.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
The largest skull that was harvested near us this year was 23 10/16. Several 21 to 22 inches. The skull sizes on our bear down here tend to be smaller than bear up North. That said we do harvest several Boone and Crocket size bears every year. If you have a membership you can now go to the Boone and Crocket site and they have information on all Black Bear that have been entered.

As far as being an ridiculous way to run and Outfitter business. Who ever said that I invite you to come down and be on an observer on a hunt for free. You have no idea the cost associated with owning and leasing good bear hunting land. My prices are extremely competitive. I am already catching hell from other Outfitters for having such low prices. The average minimum price for 500 pound bear is $10,000 and there are three different Outfitters that are getting $30,000 for 700 pound bears.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow 23 10/16 is tied for the world record. that is crazy big.
what are these bears squaring.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1239 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Sorry 22 10/16. That was scored by a Boone and Crocket Measurer.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it is extremely poor form for some members to comment on this guys sales thread saying they would never pay for size, or similar. So.....don't pay, don't go but keep your opinions to yourself or start a thread on them in the American Hunting forum. This guy seems like he's just trying to make a living, doing what he enjoys, offering huge bear hunts at very competitive prices and he doesn't need dumb comments from the peanut gallery.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
AMEN! tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13415 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I think it is extremely poor form for some members to comment on this guys sales thread saying they would never pay for size, or similar. So.....don't pay, don't go but keep your opinions to yourself or start a thread on them in the American Hunting forum. This guy seems like he's just trying to make a living, doing what he enjoys, offering huge bear hunts at very competitive prices and he doesn't need dumb comments from the peanut gallery.

I agree , if you can't afford something then don't buy it. I can't afford a Mercedes but I don't stand in front of the showroom calling it piracy.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agree! I hope he sells every hunt!!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
what did that big peanut fed island bear weigh? 650?

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
My wife and I hunted with Capt Purvis. He is a gentleman and a steward of the land. I would not hesitate to hunt with him again. Despite my wife not being comfortable with the higher success dog hunt for bear; he gave 110% effort to getting her a bear.

Clark will do you right.

Safe travels and safe hunting...........LL

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic bruins!! Still out of my price range, but thanks for sharing.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gremcat:
Also had the opportunity to hunt the coast for Whitetail. I filled 5 tags in one evening and saw roughly 50 more. If you haven't hunted WT in ENC on a bean farm your in for a treat. The old mature buck I took came in after I shot the others and when I went to pick them up I counted 20 more with one being a massive 9 point. No way to describe deer density here but as an add on this will be a great hunt.

The limit is 2 per day

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They changed that some years back unless it changed back in the last year and half I moved. I don't remember which year it changed from 2 a day limit. Think the same year they started extra bonus tags for antlerless. After your 2 or 4 depending on area each 2 more you buy are 10 bucks for Res. It's a good deal if you are overrun. I believe they also changed the Depredation laws too so no permit is required to utilize the meat but could be wrong. I wasn't hunting on Depredations at the time so only vaguely paid attention. They are killing quite a few quality bucks in NC. The rain creates a great crop of deer this year it seems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here I thought I was being helpful and realized you quoted me. Guess it's a good thing I jumped on to defend myself

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And just realized Snyder your OneShot. Didn't know you were on here. I verified the refs are the same "No daily bag limit" listed under WT in the NC Regs.

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I concur !!!

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
We have a new property in Hyde County that my brother owns. He wants me to conduct some bear hunts to subsides some of the operation cost. The property consist of 10,000 acres and two lodges. This is part of the 120,000 acre Lux Farms and less than a mile from where Jim Shockey harvested his 780 pounder. Property borders the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge and there are lots of bears. Driving around on Saturday afternoon I saw four bears, one red wolf, hundreds of turkeys as well as an alligator. This property is full of wildlife. We only want to have four hunters per week. That gives each hunter 2,500 acres to himself. I will post an add shortly and we will be at several shows this winter.
The below picture was in the log book at the lodge my brother now owns. Jim stayed at this lodge when he was here hunting. This is also the same place where a relative of a US President killed his bear.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

There are no shortage of trophy bears on this track. I know there are several that are over 700 pounds.

The reason we charge more for larger bears is because of the amount of peanuts we purchase. We pay anywhere from 20 to 25 cents per pound. A 450 plus bear will easily eat around $3,000 worth of peanuts in a years time. We feed year round and it is not an easy task to get a 700 pound bag of peanuts into these remote locations.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have a new property in Hyde County that my brother owns. He wants me to conduct some bear hunts to subsides some of the operation cost. The property consist of 10,000 acres and two lodges. This is part of the 120,000 acre Lux Farms

Lot's of BIG bears in that area. I hunted there last November and got a 510lb, saw a lot of big bear!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
510 is a BIG Black bear!!!

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

I passed on a 500+ a few years ago in Craven Co.
The dogs had it treed. I had my sights dead on it & just before I was going to fire a cub stuck its head out. I lowered my gun & told the guys "I wasn't going to take a sow with a cub"
There wasn't any fee involved because my brother belonged to the club & had bear dogs (Plotts)outside of New Bern
Everyone thanked me as they want the bears to train their cubs to tree. If you ever have to go into one of the tunnels to pull dogs off you will understand why.
I can attest that bear hunting on the NC coast is well worth the $$. even if you don't harvest one. Big Grin

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Yes sir! I killed a 510 pound black bear in the spring a couple years ago and that is a damn big bear. And a lot of dead weight when you are extracting them from the thick bush!!!

There is no doubt they are consistently killing some great bears down in NC.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes sir! I killed a 510 pound black bear in the spring a couple years ago and that is a damn big bear. And a lot of dead weight when you are extracting them from the thick bush!!!

You can say that again.

I been in on a few big bear extractions.

They can be a lot of work.

The easiest one was a 500 pounder that I was able to drive the tractor to and roll it into the bucket.

The hardest was a drag to a boat to a atv to a pickup.

The best sound on can hear when dragging a bear out is the sound of an ATV getting close.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
We have an argo but even that can get stuck in these bogs. Take a heavy duty tow strap with ten people and start pulling. Have a led man in front with a machete clearing a path.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason we charge more for larger bears is because of the amount of peanuts we purchase. We pay anywhere from 20 to 25 cents per pound. A 450 plus bear will easily eat around $3,000 worth of peanuts in a years time

I found that bears eat most any thing food source put out for them corn, oats, sun flower seed. I would be looking for a cheaper bait.

Around here they can all be brought for 10 to 15 cents a pound.

Maybe your bears are a bit more picky.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take a heavy duty tow strap with ten people and start pulling. Have a led man in front with a machete clearing a path.

If you can find a big enough heavy duty plastic sled to put them in/on it makes pulling them a lot easier.

They do seem to drop into every hole hang up on every log stump and other thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are there any specials for 2018? Would be interested in coming up from Atlanta.

Posts: 60 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Looks like a smokin deal !!!!

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote