THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Reduced Price NC Trophy Black Bear 500lbs several Boone and Crockets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reduced Price NC Trophy Black Bear 500lbs several Boone and Crockets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
This is a great opportunity if you want to harvest a Boone and Crocket with bow. You will also have the option to hunt with hounds. I just hired a new hounds man that has 20 trained hounds that he runs consistently. He has over 25 years of Bear guiding experience and has hunted throughout the country. I am reducing the price to $6,000 for the November season for a 500 pound trophy bear.

We have some of the largest Black Bears in the world. Eastern NC is now the go to place for the large black bear. Average bear is around 400 to 430 and several trophies over 500. Come and see why Jim Shockley hunts Black Bear in Eastern NC. There was a 782 pound bear harvested last year about six miles from one of our concessions.
We are offering two packages.

Guarantee Quality Black Bear. This is a bear that is 250 or larger. Cost is $4,000 with a $1,000 trophy fee if bear is over 500lbs.

Guarantee Trophy Black Bear. This is a bear over 500lbs. Cost is $7,500 Limited number of these hunts and NC has a short bear season.

Season 1 November 9-14. Legal to bait with non processed food sources during this season.
Season 2 December 14-26 Baiting with non processed foods is not permitted during this season.

All hunts are fully guided. Packages include lodging and airport pickup from RDU International.

All hunting is fair chase on private family owned and leased land of Purvis Farms.
Outfitter is Captain Clark Purvis
252-826-4288
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's talk....I have been wanting to do a coastal NC bear for a long time....but only if it is a monster. Is this Hyde county?

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes. Northern part of Hyde and Tyrell. Also Beaufort, Martin, Bertie, Hertford and Halifax.

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is your guarantee hunt no kill, no pay ?

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes or come back the following season.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a very fair deal.

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Discount on trophy Black Bear. See first post about this package.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pay be the inch, or in this case weight, is something I'll never participate in. IMO it's a ridiculous way to conduct an outfitting business.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I know of five other outfitters that are getting 10,000 for a 500 pound bear. I am simply offering a discount. This is all free range hunting. No high fences here in Eastern NC. I can assure you that there will be no small bear killed on my land. I am sorry that you do not like my offer. I also have a no shoot no pay policy. Is that a ridiculous way to run an Outfitting Business? My clients would disagree. I believe that an Outfitter should be paid on performance as well a safe, and quality hunt. References available upon request.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunters go to Eastern NC specifically for a huge black bear of exceptional trophy quality and for an entirely different experience. There are plenty of places to go for a 200 pound bear...but if you are going to the Coast, you want to know that you are going to be tackling a monster. Guaranteeing a size adds legitimacy to the outfitter letting you know that this is the place to go to get what you want. This is actually indirectly the same thing that goes on with all hunts. I can go to Colorado and shoot a 5X5 for about 4k, but can go to private land in New Mexico and shoot a 350 6X6 for 8 grand.

This is an amazing offer and something I badly want to do in the next couple of years.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

This is a picture that was sent to me of a bear that is close to one of my leases.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
What a Brute!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
This pictured was taken in the last three nights close to the lodge. I think that he will make 500lbs but what is impressive about this bear is his skull. Should make Boone and Crockett.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:

This is a picture that was sent to me of a bear that is close to one of my leases.

That bear needs to stop skipping leg day....

Posts: 102 | Registered: 02 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This isn't, in any way, a criticism but that's the strangest mature bear I"ve ever seen. I've watched hundred's of black and perhaps a hundred or so brown bear thru bioculars and spotting scopes while living in Alaska and I never saw an adult bear where the belly was so far of the ground you could easily seen under the bear - never.

The size of the head and the relative size of the year's show it's a trophy but what's with the legs? That has got to be at least 12 inches of clearance,

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Impressive looking Black Bear, woa.

quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
. . . I never saw an adult bear where the belly was so far of the ground you could easily seen under the bear - never. . .

DB Bill, here's my explanation . . . like all old men, he sucked in his gut for the foto op, see how his back is raised Smiler

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Just wanted everyone to know that there are no extra fees on this package. Both packages come with a taxidermist onsite that will properly skin your trophy and take care of all meat. There is also no fee for any equipment required to get trophy out of bush. It is common for our bears to run into thick bush and we may have to retrieve trophy with the use a bobcat with a fecon head or bulldozer. All of this information with specifics will be written in a contract.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
DB Bill,

I really do not have an explanation for ground clearance. I will get some additional pictures for you to see. I can not find a way to keep these things from eating our game cameras. My brother just got a new 5,000 acre lease. They left a four wheeler there over the weekend and bears ate all of the tires and seat in that time.
I had a big female charge me last year and I remember that her belly was very close to the ground. I thought that it was because she was pregnant.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I live in Eastern NC and hunt black bear in a little different area. These really are the largest black bear in the world. The reason why is that they grow 11.5 months a year. They do not hybernate. They only lay down for a couple of weeks. In Alaska, they grow for 6 months and then shrink for 6 months. The coastal ones do have the advantage of salmon though. In eastern Nc a 5 year old bear is 400 plus. They do eat acorns, but they also raid the crop fields and feast on Corn, Soy Beans and blueberrys. We age the bears by the teeth. I shot a 10 year old spring bear in Alberta with a bow and it only weighed 225. The reason for the ground clearance on this one is that it was a tall bear. Bear are like people, some are short and stout, some are tall and thin, this is one that was tall and thin and just got thick. He will go 600 plus. My friend shot a short stout one on his land that broke the 500lb scale. Its waist was by far largest than its length. We try to shoot all of these guys at the base of the brain so there is no tracking. They go into the thick stuff where you have to belly crawl and that is no fun going after a wounded bear

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leave it to a teenager-I showed it to my grandson and he said "it looks like he just pinched off a loaf" and I very quickly told his mom he never heard that from me. Roll Eyes

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Cap
Great way to do business and that is a hell of a hunt
What a Bears
Keep it up
Milan

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
This picture was taken this week with our hounds on a hunt in West Virginia.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guarantee
Question

If you book a $7500 hunt and don't shoot
a 500 us bear What then???????

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Money back or come back next year. This is also a free range hunt. We have that many big bears on our property.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
This picture was taken this week with our hounds on a hunt in West Virginia.

That is a GREAT picture!

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I very much appreciate the "no shoot, no pay" offer. It tells me that you are very confident about your ability to put me in front of a big bear and it puts the financial risk on you to perform. Many others just take the money and come up with an excuse when things go south. This is something that I am very interested in for a future hunt. Well done!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend here in northern virginia that is interested in a large black bear. Do you have anything left this season?
Brent

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I think this bear walk up to where I was deer hunting this evening. He stood 20 yards from me for at least a minute. He should go 300 but a good example of the Minimum that we want to harvest.
Amazing how quiet they can walk through the woods. It is like they glide without a crackling a dead leave! Ready for the season to begin.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
If you get your bear early and want to deer hunt it is available at a discounted rate. We have one of the highest deer populations in the country. With your regular license you get six deer tags and three of them can be bucks. We do not have Boone and Crocket Deer like the northern states but we do regularly shoot 130 to 140 class deer. Below is a high 120 class buck my 9 year old just harvested.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Waterfowl is also in season.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is quite the mixed bag of waterfowl!

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
We get a good variety of species. See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOmJBvuMHUA

Some recent bear pictures.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy gawd almighty! I am interested got family in area didn't know it was bear town USA. I like the fact risk is shared on this what a great deal. OTC tags I assume? Not sure how it works there

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, I didn't know those NC bear occurred in coveys.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a pig for sure. Hunting with the hounds is blast for sure,

Posts: 19599 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Today was the opening day of the season. This was from this morning hunt. One was killed still hunting and other with dogs. They weighed 525 and 491. For those of you that contacted me. I will only hold these current prices over to 2016 if I have some sort of deposit by December. I will be advertising in two national magazine and will be at most major shows. Still have some openings for this season but please only inquire if you are seriously interested. Remember this is fair chase no shoot no pay! Be safe and good hunting.

This is a buck that I stalked yesterday.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Lord! There are 7 bears in that one picture! How many bears can a hunter expect to see on a hunt there? I got giddy hunting in WV and I saw a sow with 3 cubs- and I wasn't even bear hunting!

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
The 3 Bears. I think that they may have eaten Goldilocks.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Last day to book at the above discount prices for the 2016 Season. Hope to meet some of you this show season in Vegas and at some of the other shows.

Captain Clark Purvis