THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    21-day Masailand #1 prime date March 11-31, 2012! Paddy Curtis PH
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

21-day Masailand #1 prime date March 11-31, 2012! Paddy Curtis PH
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I have a 21-day hunt available with Luke Samaras Safaris in Masailand this year for Elephant, Lion, 3 Buffalo and all the unique East African Plainsgame animals.

The date of March 11-31, is the last date of the season and is by far the most requested, with the most requested ph Paddy Curtis.

Operator: Luke Samaras Safaris, Masailand Concession
Dates: March 11-31, 2012 (this year) This is the #1 prime date to hunt this area. It is the last date of the season.
PH: Paddy Curtis (Also, the #1 most requested ph for Luke's operation)

If there was an area in Africa that you could say was some of the best hunting, Masailand would be the place. There are a select group of operators who hold the best blocks in Masailand. Luke Samaras and Harpreet Brar (Who just purchased Bundu Safaris from Mr Harvey in Texas). These two areas border each other. Both are incredible areas. I have had clients hunt both areas.

The January-March dates in Masailand are considered prime dates. The later it gets, the better it gets. As the rains start in November/December, the animals start to pour out of Tarangari Park into the hunting concessions.

On this hunt you have Elephant, Lion, 3 Buffalo, all the unique plainsgame in Masailand (Fringe Eared Oryx, Gerenuk, Lesser Kudu, Grant's Gazelle, etc.) Pretty much all the animals available in Masailand except Thompson's Gazelle. He only gets 2 on quota every year.

The Buffalo in March will, without a doubt, be the best Buffalo hunting on the entire continent. 44"-46" is not uncommon there in March. There are a few 48" and up, shot each year in those concessions around the park.

Elephant in that area are typically very big. My client in July of this year shot a 73 lb Elephant. If you shoot one here, he will be big. They do not shoot small Elephant in Masailand.

There is a possibility that Leopard will be available on this hunt, but we won't know until later in the season. (Someone has to decide not to shoot a Leopard, or be unsuccessful on Leopard for a Leopard quota to come available).

Hunt Cost: $66,500
Observer fee: $8925
(Observer Day rate and all Observer royalties total $425/day)

These fees include
Day Rate
Concession Fee
Wildlife Conservation Fee
Hunting License Fee
Dip and Pack Fee
Gun License for 3 Guns ($250/gun)
All Meals and non-alcoholic drinks
Field care and preparation of trophies

Not Included
Trophy Fees of animals killed or wounded
Arrival and departure outside the hunt dates
Shipping of trophies
Gratuities
Alcohol
Airfare to Tanzania
Hotel accommodations before or after the hunt
Round trip road transfer from Arusha to Masailand camp $700

Trophy Fees 2012

I am usually quite "low key" in my descriptions of the hunts. I do not oversell my hunts.

That said, this hunt, during this date, with this PH, is quite possibly the best African Safari I have available. They don't get better than this. In the words of Luke Samaras and Paddy Curtis, "A March hunt is like hunting inside Tarangire Park."

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Alas, if only I were only a wealthy "investor/sportsman"...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7534 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my bad English but a question?
$ 3,166.66 PER DAY $ 250 $ 700 x WEAPON OF TRANSFER, AND NEITHER ONE BEER, that makes me reject the offer.

Posts: 30 | Location: MADRID | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIEZ:
$ 3,166.66 PER DAY $ 250 $ 700 x WEAPON OF TRANSFER, AND NEITHER ONE BEER, that makes me reject the offer.

Ok, I will throw in some beer. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Well,

Here I go! Out to buy a lotto ticket right now! Most will tell me thats a bad investment, but a hell of a payoff if I win.

All kidding aside, Paddy (Blood) is a friend of mine. Whoever is lucky enought to buy this hunt will no doubt have a hell of a time!

Mega millions tonight--will let you know in the morning Wendell! Smiler

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prime dates? Hell, any date in the Masailand is a great date!!!

Posts: 20106 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
Mega millions tonight--will let you know in the morning Wendell! Smiler

Ed

I suddenly have the urge to strongly pray for Ed. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prime dates? Hell, any date in the Masailand is a great date!!!

+1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, why pray for Ed. Go get a lottery ticket and pray for yourself!
Bill

Posts: 94 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 23 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just bought a lottery ticket, too. I promise if I win tonight, I'll go!

Now, Wendell, your chances of selling the hunt have just doubled!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7548 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I hunted this area during the worst possible time (October) and without the benefit of the short rains that particular year. It was dry and we worked hard for our trophies but I had the trip of a lifetime - leopard, lion, two buffalo and a lot of plainsgame. I don't even want to think about what it would be like when the animals leave the park en masse.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I did not have other commitments and had the time..

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Did I miss the trophy fees, or are they missing?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
A dream safari. I have the time, but not the money.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIEZ:

I have not found an hotel or restaurant where drinks were free - even had to pay for bottled water.

In most upscale restaurants though, I have often been offered the complimentary 'chaser' (cognac, grappa, schnapps etc.)at the end of the meal (an expensive one).

I know for a fact that LSS most often waives the bar bill on a complimentary basis.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this would have to be a dream safari - Masailand in March, with a good operator/PH, great area, WOW!!

Only down-fall I see here is the buyer would have to deal with Wendell Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
I think this would have to be a dream safari - Masailand in March, with a good operator/PH, great area, WOW!!

Price you pay to play. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:

Price you pay to play. coffee

Boy I guess!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
You know you want to split this with me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go for it Wendell !

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I'm headed out to get a new 1911 for my birthday. That is going to stretch the budget for me!

That is truly sad ... Frowner

Now, if JeffH will get off high center and write me a check, my budget will expand!

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Go for it Wendell !

Plus, the split wouldn't exactly be 50/50. Sort of thinking 70/30? (to be clear Aaron, I'm the 30 part of that equation)

Don't want any misunderstandings when he commits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Go for it Wendell !

Plus, the split wouldn't exactly be 50/50. Sort of thinking 70/30? (to be clear Aaron, I'm the 30 part of that equation)

Don't want any misunderstandings when he commits.

Yes, I would consider splitting it with you, or anyone else for that matter!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
You would have to call my bluff wouldn't you ... Mad

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
yuck

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i have to admit it seems a bit strange to spend $100,000 on a safari after paying all the trophy fees, etc. and still have to pay a $150-200 bar tab. maybe when i win the lottery, it won't matter. come on, baby- pull my number!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13186 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i have to admit it seems a bit strange to spend $100,000 on a safari after paying all the trophy fees, etc. and still have to pay a $150-200 bar tab. maybe when i win the lottery, it won't matter. come on, baby- pull my number!!!

Jdollar:

You could always consider going with individuals like the Mullah brothers for way less.

Just hang on to your whiskers, there might be some real bargains showing up in TZ come 2013. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm headed out to get a new 1911 for my birthday. That is going to stretch the budget for me!

That is truly sad ... Frowner

Now, if JeffH will get off high center and write me a check, my budget will expand!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Buy a Kimer for your Birthday, Tell you what I will let you pick one out and I will pay if you take my offer for this hunt Smiler

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But the worst of it is you might wind up sharing a camp with me. I'll be there March 11 to 22nd, hunting buffalo. Didn't think I'd be sharing a camp, and maybe there are multiple camps, so maybe not an issue. No problem on the bar tab; while kind of a pain, it's not why I'm there and it's inconsequential. But I have my quirks.

Posts: 10055 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
SOLD! To my friend in Abilene, yehaww

Aaron, you didn't need another Lion anyway right? LOL!

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2008 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:
SOLD! To my friend in Abilene, yehaww

Aaron, you didn't need another Lion anyway right? LOL!

Jerry - I am very happy for the buyer, he's a great guy and deserves a great safari.

As for Wendell, I'm not talking to him for at least 24 hrs. I had finally decided to pull the trigger on this one, and Wendell just jerked the rug right out from under my feet! Mad

This is starting to become a common theme with Wendell and I. He wins, and I lose!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is starting to become a common theme with Wendell and I. He wins, and I lose!!!

It will become less painful over time my jilted friend. Stay strong! knife

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
21 days in Masailand dragging Blood around around with you...damn what a bummer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36727 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
21 days in Masailand dragging Blood around around with you...damn what a bummer!

Ya, that's exactly what I thought! Then poof, its gone.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com