Notify
Tools

Tactical Hog Control
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tactical Hog Control
posted
One Hunt That You Won't Forget
Equipped with the absolute latest in night vision technology, along with thermal imaging equipment, Tactical Hog Control can provide that "Hunt of a Lifetime"! You won't believe how many critters roam the night....and you'll have a front-row seat! Our equipment is second to none, and it allows us to identify hogs at great distances, sometimes over a half-mile away, while using the cover of darkness. This is when the feral hog is the most active and most vulnerable. After we locate them we can stalk and eliminate these destructive animals on OUR TERMS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Equipment
When you book a hunt with us, you'll be using the same equipment that our soldiers in the field are using. All of our night vision equipment is Gen III.... not the 1st and 2nd Generation stuff that you've seen in catalogs. A lot of guides only schedule night vision hunts based on the moon phase....ie. they only go out when the moon is full....so they can see.

It doesn't matter to us if it's a full moon, half moon, quarter moon or a new moon. We'll still go hunting because we can see when others can't.....just like the US military! From our helmet-mounted goggles to the gun-mounted night vision scopes... you won't find higher quality gear anywhere in the civilian world.

In addition to our night vision equipment, we also use thermal imaging technology or Forward Looking Infra Red (FLIR) . Our night vision equipment looks for light .... the thermal imaging equipment looks for heat. We use handheld thermal imagers to help locate the hogs. You'll be able to clearly see the heat signature of the hogs (and other animals) on a display screen in the vehicle. After a successful stalk, you will be harvesting your trophy using an AR-15 or an AR-10 (.223, .243 WSSM or .308). These rifles are equipped with 6 power, Generation III night vision scopes. We also have thermal weapon sights, if you would prefer. You really have to see this stuff to believe it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experienced Guides
In addition to being local landowners, your guides are also veteran hunters. They have been fighting the Feral Hog War for years and they will do everything they can to make your hunt successful. After all....every hog you kill is one less hog that will be rooting up their pastures! They WANT you to be successful!

Hunting Rates for 2009

6 hour hunts
Minumum of TWO hunters per trip
No harvest limits
No Trophy Fees
Take your meat with you, if you want
Longer Trips and Larger Groups Require Previous Arrangements
A Valid Texas Hunting license is REQUIRED
50% Non-refundable Deposit required at time of Booking.

Balance Due upon Arrival, prior to hunt.

Guaranteed Shot Opportunity....or We'll Re-schedule.....For Free!

$400.00 per person

Thanks,
Jed
(936) 348-4618

www.tacticalhogcontrol.com

Here is a link to a thread by Bob In Tx. He has posted pics of some of the gear used and some results of his hunts.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1621043/m/3311036211

Here is a link to a new video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHs2HT4Tprk

We Don't Fear the Night, WE OWN IT!!

Posts: 69 | Location: Bedias, Texas | Registered: 03 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
After we locate them we can stalk and eliminate these destructive animals on OUR TERMS.

Are you related to Mark Sullivan by any chance?

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
After we locate them we can stalk and eliminate these destructive animals on OUR TERMS.

Well, it required some hard work on your part, but between this response and your similar efforts on the Alaska Hunt offer, you have won the award, you ARE the AR ASSHOLE of the WEEK. Congratulations.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
That is a really cheap shot "Gari", but then that is what you do best.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I guess the joke is on ME, I don't know you or Mark Sullivan, so please enlighten me.

Jed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought KG's comment was a joke. Perhaps I am wrong.

Posts: 12003 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tactical Hog Control:
One Hunt That You Won't Forget
Equipped with the absolute latest in night vision technology, along with thermal imaging equipment, Tactical Hog Control can provide that "Hunt of a Lifetime"! You won't believe how many critters roam the night....and you'll have a front-row seat! Our equipment is second to none, and it allows us to identify hogs at great distances, sometimes over a half-mile away, while using the cover of darkness. This is when the feral hog is the most active and most vulnerable. After we locate them we can stalk and eliminate these destructive animals on OUR TERMS.

Our Equipment
When you book a hunt with us, you'll be using the same equipment that our soldiers in the field are using. All of our night vision equipment is Gen III.... not the 1st and 2nd Generation stuff that you've seen in catalogs. A lot of guides only schedule night vision hunts based on the moon phase....ie. they only go out when the moon is full....so they can see.

It doesn't matter to us if it's a full moon, half moon, quarter moon or a new moon. We'll still go hunting because we can see when others can't.....just like the US military! From our helmet-mounted goggles to the gun-mounted night vision scopes... you won't find higher quality gear anywhere in the civilian world.

In addition to our night vision equipment, we also use thermal imaging technology or Forward Looking Infra Red (FLIR) . Our night vision equipment looks for light .... the thermal imaging equipment looks for heat. We use handheld thermal imagers to help locate the hogs. You'll be able to clearly see the heat signature of the hogs (and other animals) on a display screen in the vehicle. After a successful stalk, you will be harvesting your trophy using an AR-15 or an AR-10 (.223, .243 WSSM or .308). These rifles are equipped with 6 power, Generation III night vision scopes. We also have thermal weapon sights, if you would prefer. You really have to see this stuff to believe it!

Experienced Guides
In addition to being local landowners, your guides are also veteran hunters. They have been fighting the Feral Hog War for years and they will do everything they can to make your hunt successful. After all....every hog you kill is one less hog that will be rooting up their pastures! They WANT you to be successful!

Man I love your toys!

Hunting Rates for 2009

4-6 hour hunts
Minumum of TWO hunters per trip
No harvest limits
No Trophy Fees
Take your meat with you, if you want
Longer Trips and Larger Groups Require Previous Arrangements
A Valid Texas Hunting license is REQUIRED
Resident Hunting License = $23 (Youth, under 17 & Seniors Citizens, 65 & over = $6)
Non-Resident 5-day Special Hunting License = $ 45
Youth Non-Resident Hunting License = $ 6
Licenses must be purchased from Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept. or an authorized agent (eg. Walmart)
50% Non-refundable Deposit required at time of Booking
Balance Due upon Arrival, prior to hunt
Guaranteed Shot Opportunity....or We'll Re-schedule.....For Free!
$400.00 per person

Thanks,
Jed

www.tacticalhogcontrol.com

Here is a link to a thread by Bob In Tx. He has posted pics of some of the gear used and some results of his hunts.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1621043/m/3311036211

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jed
Mark Sullivan is a big nimrod PH from Tanzania.
He videos all his hunts and puts everyone in danger to show off. He advises most of his clients to shoot at the animals that ends up wounding them and he goes in and gets everyone close to dangerous game then he kills them. He was put on suspension in Tanzania after one of his antics got his camera man killed. I have not seen in any of his video's where he doesnt end up shooting the clients animal.
You in no way should be stuck with any reference to that jerk. but condsider the source.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I thought KG's comment was a joke. Perhaps I am wrong.

Nope, it was, but then, some folks are pretty humorless. Especially those hawking stuff here (and their friends), obviously.

The shoot looks like lots of fun, actually. I think you can advertise just as well without the testosterone laden bullshit, however.

"Eliminate these destructive animals on OUR TERMS"? Please.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
As a fan of testosterone laden bs I think it sounds cool. I will check out your site going to be in Texas for thanksgiving.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, this sounds like a blast.

Mike

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
If you have never hunted Hogs with night vision equipment, it is a load of fun. $400 seems reasonable enough. That equipment isn't cheap.

Kamo, don't worry, I thought the exact same thing when I read that line!

Jed, it wasn't really a jab at you, it just strongly resembled a line from one of Marks videos. It also happens to be a line that people use to make fun of him.

Don't worry, it really wasn't a jab at you, and knowing Kamo, I am sure he didn't mean it in an offensive way.

I like your idea. Do you have any videos posted on youtube? I saw one the other day that was just what you are selling.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
As a fan of testosterone laden bs I think it sounds cool.

Hilarious! rotflmo clap

P.S. WR's got it right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THC – I’m trying to talk my friend into going! It looks like a blast and I’ll never have a chance to hunt hogs at night, especially with an AR (I live in California).

Two questions –

Do you let the clients shoot the ARs before the hunt? I have shot a Bushmaster but my friend has never held an AR, and I have never shot one in a 243 or 308 (which I would like to use).

And do you think two guys from CA could get +4 hogs in one night?

Thanks - beer

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't happen to have a dog in this hunt, but FWIW, I've followed "Bob in Texas'" posts for several years, post on his TPP website, and have hunted with him twice. If Bob reccomends it, I'd stake my reputation ( for what that's worth) or the price of the hunt, that if he recommends it, then its the real deal.
I for one plan to contact them and do a hunt in the not too distant future based on Bob's report.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CA
Call Jed he will tell you the whole deal.
You do shoot first. Shooting with night gear is a lot different than regular scopes.You need to put your eye tight to the scope to open the shutter. From what he told me 4 hogs should not be a problem. He has thousands of acres to hunt.
We are going next spring after the DSC convention.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CA Safari Hunter:
THC – I’m trying to talk my friend into going! It looks like a blast and I’ll never have a chance to hunt hogs at night, especially with an AR (I live in California).

Two questions –

Do you let the clients shoot the ARs before the hunt? I have shot a Bushmaster but my friend has never held an AR, and I have never shot one in a 243 or 308 (which I would like to use).

And do you think two guys from CA could get +4 hogs in one night?

Thanks - beer

You bet on the shooting and 4 hogs should not be a problem. Hollar @ me with if you have any more questions, my number is on the website.

Jed

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Man, you Texans have all the fun!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AWESOME IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
If you have never hunted Hogs with night vision equipment, it is a load of fun. $400 seems reasonable enough. That equipment isn't cheap.

Kamo, don't worry, I thought the exact same thing when I read that line!

Jed, it wasn't really a jab at you, it just strongly resembled a line from one of Marks videos. It also happens to be a line that people use to make fun of him.

Don't worry, it really wasn't a jab at you, and knowing Kamo, I am sure he didn't mean it in an offensive way.

I like your idea. Do you have any videos posted on youtube? I saw one the other day that was just what you are selling.

No harm no foul, I have no beef with Kamo. But I had no idea to what he was refering to.

"After we locate them we can stalk and eliminate these destructive animals on OUR TERMS".

This is HOG CONTROL first and foremost, and that statement describes our approach. I'm glad Kamo found humor in it.

And Wendell, video's will be ready soon.

Thanks for all your comments and interest.

Jed

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I had a law enforcement friend in the 90's who did this. He had access to some stuff that he should not have had access to!

In addition to this stuff, he had a Gen III night vision scope.

The end result was the most elaborate night pig shooting setup I have ever seen, complete with and a "pig cat". (same as a bird dog, but it is a cat ... long story.) He hunted from a blind, but shooting this thing (.308 ... mod 700 maybe?) was a load of fun.

I picked up a new Rock River 308 earlier this year and it is a Pig killing machine! I can not imagine how much fun it would be to put a good quality Gen III night vision scope on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

I picked up a new Rock River 308 earlier this year and it is a Pig killing machine! I can not imagine how much fun it would be to put a good quality Gen III night vision scope on it.

Well, come on down and see for yourself. It is all that is cracked up to be.lol

You are correct, that .308 will lay them down.

Jed

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Jed, I would if I didn't have access to some very fine hog hunting in my neck of the woods.

I think you have a very unique idea. I have used night vision hnting hogs, and it is a different experience than your "normal" pig hunt. The night adds a new dimension to the hunt.

I think your prices are fair and I hope you are successful.

Good luck my friend. thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have a UNS/PVS-22 or something similar that a client could mount to his rifle?

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RyanB:
Do you have a UNS/PVS-22 or something similar that a client could mount to his rifle?

Ryan we do not use the 22, while they are a great unit, and work super for their design, we feel that they will not compete with a dedicated NV unit. I saw this first hand in a demo, a auto-gated 22 v's my D-760 which is non-gated. Hands down the D-760 was clearer, brighter and just an overall better resoulution. And I can buy two D-760's for the price of one 22. By the way tis is just my opinion, worth as much as it cost you.LOL

Here is a link to the promo video, and ol Bob in Texas is the star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzNuuJVTRk

Please feel free to leave your comments about the vid. We want your input.

Jed

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jed:

I'm thinking of buying one of the 760s for use on my ranch. I note that there are different pricing levels at Act-optics, 760-2MS $2200, 760 HP $3150, 760 3A $4050, and 760 3AG $4600. I'm sure you get what you pay for, but is the 2MS adequate for just ordinary hog hunting needs?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
quote:

Well, it required some hard work on your part, but between this response and your similar efforts on the Alaska Hunt offer, you have won the award, you ARE the AR ASSHOLE of the WEEK. Congratulations.

Man, you are a humorless sumbitch.......oh well, I guess you can't be the AR ASSHOLE OF THE WEEK 52 weeks a year.

That being said, that sounds like one hell of a fun hunt.....and for short money.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Jed:

I'm thinking of buying one of the 760s for use on my ranch. I note that there are different pricing levels at Act-optics, 760-2MS $2200, 760 HP $3150, 760 3A $4050, and 760 3AG $4600. I'm sure you get what you pay for, but is the 2MS adequate for just ordinary hog hunting
needs?

You are right you get what you pay for when it comes to NV. If you are still planning on coming down for a hunt, I would recommend you test driving my NV before you buy. I will have a new scope here in a month or so, you can compare the Raptor6X, D-760, and the WASP all side by side. If this WASP is everthing they say it is, I will be one happy fella. But to answer your question, YES there is a huge difference between gen II and gen III.

Jed

one of us
posted Hide Post
My doctor buddy, who is really a bird hunter, didn't rise to my bait the first time I ran your hunt by him. I'll twitch it in front of him again, but I'm not going until it cools off. I hate to pay $400 for my son to kill more than I do AGAIN Roll Eyes so I'm looking for another shooter.

I note that in the description of the Gen 2 and Gen 3 760s they say there is about a 50% improvement in target recognition, from roughly 300 to 450 yds. That is way beyond what I need as far as distance goes, so I'm still thinking on going cheaper.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This looks like a ton of fun, if someone is going and they need an extra to round out a group let me know and ill fly up. maybe when it cools a little bit.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tactical, it looks like you have ranches in several different areas. Do you have anything near Austin? My good hunting partner just moved there and I'm really wanting to hunt Texas with him. Something in the area or within driving distance??? Even with an overnight (or should I say "overday" at a hotel)??

Mike

Posts: 71 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 22 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lundboat, we are located about 140 miles from Austin. Plenty of lodging options, from a motel to a nice ranch with quail hunting and sporting clays, with meals. Just depends on what you want.

Jed

quote:
Originally posted by lundboat:
Tactical, it looks like you have ranches in several different areas. Do you have anything near Austin? My good hunting partner just moved there and I'm really wanting to hunt Texas with him. Something in the area or within driving distance??? Even with an overnight (or should I say "overday" at a hotel)??

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tactical, thanks for getting back to me. This may turn out to be a mini vacation of sorts as well, so the upper end type lodging would probably work best for the ladies. I could not find anything on Bedias Texas or West Madisonville for lodging, so give me your thoughts....

Thanks! Mike
(I'm thinking March...)

Posts: 71 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 22 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lundboat:
Tactical, thanks for getting back to me. This may turn out to be a mini vacation of sorts as well, so the upper end type lodging would probably work best for the ladies. I could not find anything on Bedias Texas or West Madisonville for lodging, so give me your thoughts....

Thanks! Mike
(I'm thinking March...)

Hey Mike,

I have a ranch on my links page Tonkaway Ranch, they have lodging, meals, quiet country atmosphere 15 minutes from College Station. Lots of shopping for the ladies, and several upper end restaurants. They also have quail hunting and sporting clays there on the ranch. If you need more pictures of Tonkaway Ranch's facilities shoot me a e-mail, I have some I could send you. There are several Bed and Breakfeast in our general area.

Jed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jed,

Can I bring my Rock River .458 SOCOM? I have it equipped with a Raptor 4x and a IR laser.

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
Jed,

Can I bring my Rock River .458 SOCOM? I have it equipped with a Raptor 4x and a IR laser.

JW

Yes you can Jeff, I would love to see that combo in action.

Jed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tactical is correct about College Station. They are opening up new motels around here like crazy. However, if you come, make sure it's not on a weekend that A&M is playing in town or you won't get a room anywhere.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
As a fan of testosterone laden bs I think it sounds cool. I will check out your site going to be in Texas for thanksgiving.

+1
Sounds like a great time. I intend to go when the weather gets a bit cooler!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
+another
I want to try that with 3 buddies of mine this fall.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Pigs with ARs and Gen III NV.

What is not to like?

You REALLY need to advertise these hunts at AR15.com

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote