THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    I am giving a Whitetail Deer Hunt in Montana free to a Disabled hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am giving a Whitetail Deer Hunt in Montana free to a Disabled hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So I finally Paid off my outfitting business this year. ( It has been a lean 7 years!!!) Now that I don't have that huge payment hanging over my head I want to finally put a hunt together I have been thinking about. I would like to give a hunt for Whitetail deer on a lease I have outside of Great Falls Montana. My previous career was in Law Enforcement so I was thinking I would like to give it to someone that was disabled in the Line of Duty.
So I am looking for any potential hunter you guys may know of. The property has a couple rifle stands I could easily get someone in a wheelchair too. I guess if I could collect a few names and then decide by March 1st so we can apply them for the Montana Deer license that would be perfect.

I am not doing this for advertising or a tax right off. It is something I just want to do (well maybe I am looking for some redemption of past things in life when I hit the pearly gates!!! Wink ). Its not for a Tv show or an article in the paper. Maybe it might be that one thing that picks up someones life after they had this life altering tragedy.

If anyone is interested in helping out that would be great also. I can swing the hunt and meals. Things that might be nice for some help with would be , motel room for the hunter, transportation to Montana, deer license, Taxidermy etc.

I wouldn't want anyone to send me any money. We could arrange the item and then send the lucky hunter the Ticket or certificate(taxidermy). Just an idea at this point but really would like to put it together.

I guess I could video the hunt with my little sony handycam and send a copy to anyone who helps so they can see how the hunt went down!!

Any input anyone might have would be great also. I'll post a link to this in some of the other forums as well.

Posts: 253 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hntnhrd...Good on your for doing this!

Some years ago, a couple of good hearted Texans agreed to put together a hog hunt for my son. He was profoundly weak as a result of muscular Dystrophy. My son was successful in his hunt, but the guys that helped him with it said it was a life changing event to help him. They swore that they got more out of the hunt than he did!

One of those fellows went on to organize Wounded Warrior hunts, several years before that effort really got going... I talked to him the other day, and he said that they had completed the WW hunt for this year in his area and they had 21 guys hunting...he said more steel legs then regular legs between them...but they all killed deer and had a great time...

My hat is off to you for your efforts!

Z

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Tony, you can count me in for any help you might need, camp cook or any other assistance you might need, plus it will be a great opportunity to see the new properties. Guys I have been working with Tony for the last 4 years and I can tell you he is a stand up guy. Thanks again Tony for this wonderful opportunity.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Being an officer of 21 years now. I think this is a great idea. I know of a guy here that was hurt during a swat operation and is now confined to a wheelchair.

If someone near Maryland takes you up on the offer. I will mount the deer for them. I've been a licensed taxidermist for 7 years now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony, I think that is a grea thing you are doing. I give Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation a bear hunt every year. The heros you meet from a hunt like this means alot.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Good on ya for putting together this hunt. Here's a link to a young warrior who was able to take advantage of such a hunt
Joel Tavera - Wounded Warrior Hunt

Posts: 1245 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Nalley if you think he would like to do this PM me his info and thanks so much for the taxidermy offer.CH I have seen your bear hunt offer here and thought that it was great what you do.

I tried to post a link to this thread on the African forum so those guys might see this but it got deleted. So please spread the word.

I posted on my facebook account also. If you scroll down the page the whitetails from this year are from the place we will hunt. There are some pretty good deer.
I hope we can make this work.
https://www.facebook.com/pages...fitters/269350485398

Posts: 253 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I talked to him. He is not interested due to some issues.

My offer still stands for the taxidermy work

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Very, very generous. I have a friend while not injured on duty, was in law enforcement and hurt in a dirt bike accident and is now confined to a wheelchair. He lives to hunt. If you don't find someone with an on-duty injury, let me know.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
If you find someone from the East Coast I'll buy him/her a ticket if I can sit in the blind and enjoy the excitement. I could help with getting hunter to the airport and to camp, too.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SBT send me your friends info. We will look at everyone. One thing I learned in my career was that you are are on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!.

Judge G thanks so much!! Your more then welcome to come and be part of this. What a great gesture.

I have someone else that messaged me and we have the license fee covered also.

This is turning out to be better then I hoped!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just changed the title of this thread hopefully it draws a little more traffic!!

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I'm on the board of directors for the Alaska Chapter of SCI. We run a wounded warrior's hunt program and a hunt like this would likely work well. If you are interested please let me know. It would likely be a disabled vet doing the hunt.

Brett
907-947-0983

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett I will keep you in the loop. I would like to find someone that is out of Law Enforcement but if not then a Disabled Veteran is next on the list. The land owner just retired after 30 years as a civilian employee at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls and he is super excited we are doing this.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if we could do law enforcement. I know a currently serving police office couldn't accept a free hunt, so it would likely have to be a retired or disabled beyond return to work person.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Would you be interested in doing an active duty law enforcement hunt? That would be easy to find someone to do that.

posted Hide Post
Are you going to the Great American Outdoor Show in PA this year?

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Hntnhrd,
Just received word that my disabled friend will not be able to go on such a hunt. Thanks for considering him.

Scott

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nalley keep your ears open for anyone. I have sent off some messages to guys I have work with in the past back east and they are Checking.

I wont be at the Harrisburg show. But I will be at the ECWS show Valentine's day weekend in Lancaster Pa.

Sorry to hear that SBT.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hntnhrd:

I wont be at the Harrisburg show. But I will be at the ECWS show Valentine's day weekend in Lancaster Pa.

I will try to be there to meet you. It's 2 hours from me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hntnhrd:
So I finally Paid off my outfitting business this year. ( It has been a lean 7 years!!!) Now that I don't have that huge payment hanging over my head I want to finally put a hunt together I have been thinking about. I would like to give a hunt for Whitetail deer on a lease I have outside of Great Falls Montana. My previous career was in Law Enforcement so I was thinking I would like to give it to someone that was disabled in the Line of Duty.
So I am looking for any potential hunter you guys may know of. The property has a couple rifle stands I could easily get someone in a wheelchair too. I guess if I could collect a few names and then decide by March 1st so we can apply them for the Montana Deer license that would be perfect.

I am not doing this for advertising or a tax right off. It is something I just want to do (well maybe I am looking for some redemption of past things in life when I hit the pearly gates!!! Wink ). Its not for a Tv show or an article in the paper. Maybe it might be that one thing that picks up someones life after they had this life altering tragedy.

If anyone is interested in helping out that would be great also. I can swing the hunt and meals. Things that might be nice for some help with would be , motel room for the hunter, transportation to Montana, deer license, Taxidermy etc.

I wouldn't want anyone to send me any money. We could arrange the item and then send the lucky hunter the Ticket or certificate(taxidermy). Just an idea at this point but really would like to put it together.

I guess I could video the hunt with my little sony handycam and send a copy to anyone who helps so they can see how the hunt went down!!

Any input anyone might have would be great also. I'll post a link to this in some of the other forums as well.

Tony,

It was nice talking to you this evening. I've passed your contact info along to my friend and hopefully she'll call you tomorrow.

Once again, good on you for doing this!

Phil

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote