THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    The Safari Connection now the USA office for Martin Pieters Safaris! Hunt Matetsi!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Safari Connection now the USA office for Martin Pieters Safaris! Hunt Matetsi!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am publicly announcing that that my company has accepted Martin Pieter's request to act as USA agent for his company forthwith! We are offering Matetsi Block 5 hunts starting at $700 a day1 This is in my opinion western Zimbabwe's FINEST hunting area. I do have some quota left for 2019 including a leopard and a few buffalo plus abundant PG quota including some fine sable! As some of you know I am also partnered with Wayne at Chete Safari Area where we are close to 100% booked for 2019 and this new partnership with Martin gives us options that few other hunting companies in Zim can offer. I will be doing logistics and social media for Martin and will be working with his clients covering bookings, travel and trip details from right here in the USA! We are experts at getting you there from your door and back again with as little expense and hassle as possible! Available PHs are Martin Pieters, Chap Esterhuizen or Dalton Tink. This addition to the Safari Connection gives us some of the best hunting Africa has to offer when it comes to Zimbabwe and Namibia!! PM me for a 2019 price list and quota available in these fine areas!!

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Martin Pieters, really? After the shit storms he caused over by Malapati, I’ve got to say... I’m skeptical.

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Martin needs to clear a lot of things before anyone would trust him any more.

Frankly, after all we have heard about his shady dealings, he should be avoided.

Many outfitters, honest, professional, and look after their clients, deserve our business.

Those who wheel and deal and have a could not careless attitude should be avoided.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Martin needs to clear a lot of things before anyone would trust him any more.

Frankly, after all we have heard about his shady dealings, he should be avoided.

Many outfitters, honest, professional, and look after their clients, deserve our business.

Those who wheel and deal and have a could not careless attitude should be avoided.

+1

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a lot of silence from SafariSean.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari Sean should run like the wind!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not sure he knew what he is getting himself into.

You might give him some slack.

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure just like normal Hang Him before anybody knows the facts. A common thing now a days.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
We already know the facts about Martin

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Reputation and trustfulness are both earned, not given. Martin’s reputation is lower than whale dung, based on his maltreatment of multiple clients. I would trust him about as much as I’d trust gas station sushi. You are risking your own reputation by associating with him, not to mention a financial risk if you’re entrusting funds with him. I have no doubt Martin is an accomplished PH, but his customer service and communication skills are woefully lacking.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are all spot on but customer service and communication skills are my area of expertise along with travel details. I know EXACTLY what I am doing here and that is giving Matetsi Block 5 along with Martin a chance to be successful. The area is like hunting in damn Hwange itself!! You can see 600-800 buffalo in a group, hundreds of ele, lion you name it and Martin is not the only PH available I have a LONG list of guys that will work and that would love to hunt the area. If you would like I will have Martin wear a kilt to DSC and you can each come by and express your distaste and give him a shot to the balls, will that make a least a few of you happy? Matetsi is awesome don't discount what my influence can do and I will 100% state that if I see any shady crap happening not only will I quit this whole thing double quick I will be the one to put whatever that issue could be in the open! There is more coming I do wish that any customer from any time frame would give me a chance to show that my involvement brings a new aspect to MPS and that we do care and will set any issue as right as possible! I cant fold time or run the clock backwards but I can compensate, refund and arrange replacement hunts for ANY individual from MPS past hat has an issue..SS

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Why don’t you start by taking care of Chris Drazan’s issues.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed, then you may get some genuine interest. Talks cheap...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:

This is not fair at all.

He had nothing to do with any shady dealings Martin was involved in before, so why should he be held responsible?

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I must disagree with you regarding Samir’s comment- it is absolutely “fair”. In Sean’s own posting he stated ....”I can compensate, refund and arrange replacement hunts for ANY individual from MPS past that has an issue”. Since Martin has never made the Drazen brothers whole for their mistreatment, Samir’s comments are both “fair” and on point.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This is not fair at all.

He had nothing to do with any shady dealings Martin was involved in before, so why should he be held responsible?

It really doesn't matter how adamantly Sean states he will handle FUTURE operations for Martin until past issues are properly dealt with.

When a guy comes on the forum and states he is now the point of contact for Martin and is the go to guy for handling issues GOING FORWARD, you also open the door to being asked about how past issues were dealt with. Until those past issues are properly sorted out, who care's about GOING FORWARD?

Sean isn't personally responsible for Drazan's issues but if he's the new public face of Martin's operation, he's going to be asked about it. He's going to be asked about other events as well. Fair or not, that's the position he's put himself in. That's why I said earlier that when I saw Sean had teamed with Martin, all I could think was: popcorn

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Best business practice is to avoid dealing with Martin completely!

I keep repeating this, but Zimbabwe has many great, honest people who would never dream of cheating their clients!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fire away asking any question I am sure there are issues out there I have no idea of so please inform me of all! Martin isn't going to quit or jump off a cliff he is going to continue with or without me. It makes sense rather than continue plodding along with all this hanging in the air that it would be better for ALL to get these issues dealt with however far they go back. I could spew line after line about how people and their ways evolve but I am leaving it at that Martin has gotten older knows he could have handled things in a different way (WAY DIFFERENT) and that is where I come in. I live outside KC where I cant avoid bad press and I will state emphatically that if I catch my new employer doing anything shady, cheap or illegal I will throw him under the bus right here on AR as a start and on my way out make stops at AH,HR 24HCF etc.. Matetsi Block 5 is a slice of heaven and I can guarantee you that any hunt I arrange will be done right from your front door there and back again! There is no reason to think that I would allow anything to blow up. Cell phones work all over Zim now and I will be available 24/7 to any and all of my clients to call the second something is perceived wrong or amiss! S**T happens in Zim there is no AAA in Zim flats, breakdowns, wrecks all occur just as they do here so YES there will always be issues when operating in Zim with any of the safari companies what matters is how issues are dealt with and managed. Any hunt booked through me will have every detail of cost and location spelled out 100% anything I miss will come out of my pocket period. I am not promising perfection it does not exist but I think all in this industry know my ethics and to be honest I just cant resist a challenge and when you throw in the best area available in Zim what can I do!LOL!

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have spoken with Mr. Drazan and the only thing I cant fix is the availability of an exportable bull Ele. I made a full replacement offer and am will to do whatever it takes to make an end to this issue.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boliep:
There seems to be a lot of silence from SafariSean.

Sorry was at Wisconsin SCI and believe me when I say I don't live and breath this forum business. I only defend , and sell on these sites I NEVER attack anyone outside my own operation no matter how deserving, there are plenty of individuals out there that have that covered. I know Saeed is concerned about me doing this but read what I have posted one issue Martin may not have considered is what happens if he crosses me?? He wont be able to ever sell a hunt in the USA again would be my guess I do know how to type and I could part ways with him never making a single negative comment just spelling out my reasons for leaving that would be fatal. SS

SAFARISEAN

posted Hide Post
For full disclosure Martin Peters name should appear in all of the advertising for these hunts, that way MPS isn’t hiding behind a booking agent.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Martin isn't going to quit or jump off a cliff he is going to continue with or without me

Very true, but I can assure you he will have to carry on without me.

Let me put it this way.

Knowing what we do about Martin's dealings, if I was looking to hunt with anyone in Zimbabwe, and see his name on the list of those running the show, I will look elsewhere.

Ultimately it is your choice, as well as the choice of any prospective client to decide where to go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Therack:
For full disclosure Martin Peters name should appear in all of the advertising for these hunts, that way MPS isn’t hiding behind a booking agent.[/QUOTE

I fully agree that ALL should be aware that any hunt offered on properties controlled by MPS should be fully disclosed. That is my company policy concerning ALL hunting operations I work with. You can visit my Web site and see that unlike other so called "agents" that each company listed has not only my contact information but also contact details of the provider. It has always been my policy to provide this information and if you are speculative of how I make $ when the client can go straight to the PH then all I can say is that if any offering is so greedy they would attempt to circumvent my fees then I will see sooner or later their character and make adjustments.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know of Martin's dishonesty first hand; he did not refund all the money I was owed and Martin refused to answer emails concerning this. So, given Martin's dishonesty and theft in the past, what makes anyone think the future will be any different?

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would trust him about as much as I’d trust gas station sushi.

Bud,
Good one!

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too - the worst safari by far of any I have ever been on was a Martin Pieters safari.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Martin isn't going to quit or jump off a cliff he is going to continue with or without me

Let me put it this way.

Knowing what we do about Martin's dealings, if I was looking to hunt with anyone in Zimbabwe, and see his name on the list of those running the show, I will look elsewhere.

Ultimately it is your choice, as well as the choice of any prospective client to decide where to go.

+1

My vacation time is way too valuable to take a chance on a PH like Martin.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I may as well be the one with a different point of view. I would hunt with Martin again.

He treated me extremely well and fairly on three hunts in the Omay, two photo safaris at Nehimba, an extremely interesting trip to Vic Falls, and I stayed at his home for a couple of weeks.

This is not meant to contradict the people that have posted about their problems or even to persuade anybody to go, just my personal experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So just to clarify your comment earlier, Martin Is your employer now??????

You are employed by and working for Martin Pieters Safaris..???

Interesting....

Is he now “involved “ in Chete?????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
So just to clarify your comment earlier, Martin Is your employer now??????

You are employed by and working for Martin Pieters Safaris..???

Interesting....
Is he now “involved “ in Chete?????

WR500.... that's not at all what he said nor even came close to implying...
I'd say there's enough issues already without taking another leap in logic.
Martin once had a good reputation and is seemingly trying to restore that, but like others have stated...with so many other great and highly reputable outfits...why deal with it.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He is simply MP's booking agent for the USA. MP now has the lease on Matetsi block 5. As such he is free to sell hunts directly, or indirectly through whomever he pleases, or to sell quota in his area to other operators/PHs. This is all SOP.

MP has a relationship with other outfitters and agents around the world. Do a search on Matetsi 5 and you will see others selling hunts in this area.

His involvement in Chete appears to be more complicated. Wayne Diederichsen (sp?) is the operator in that area. It was abandoned for a few years and starting in late 2017 they have been attempting to resuscitate it. Sean is again acting as a booking agent for this outfitter in this area, but he also states he is the owner, or one of the owners of the lease for this area. This would be unusual in Zim where to my knowledge the leases are held by registered Zim operators, but often with murky financial backing. For example the infamous Rautenbach backed one of the leading operators in that country for many years and may still do so. Taking on a lease requires a large upfront payment, and in addition quota has to be paid for in advance each year. These payments can reach 7 figures in USD. In addition the Zim govt requires that every non-indigenous safari outfitter (ie foreigner or white Zimbabwean) have an indigenous partner, often but not always someone who is politically connected. So there could be a third party involved in the Chete venture. I say "could" because Wayne is a "coloured person" which in that part of the world means someone of mixed blood. It's not clear whether he qualifies as "indigenous" in the eyes of the govt. His wife is "indigenous" so perhaps she is the required partner.

Sean may or may not be privy to everything that goes on behind the scenes if he is just the booking agent.

Sean also appears to have in interest in, or be the booking agent for, an operation in Namibia.

If Sean has a direct financial interest in Chete, you would think he would favor that area over MP's operation. Perhaps while that area is being nurtured back and has limited quota, he needs a second source of income. If not, a booking is a booking and a commission is a commission.

Bottom line, if you are based in the USA and want to book a hunt in Chete or Matetsi 5 but not deal directly with the operator, it seems that Sean is your guy.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
He is simply MP's booking agent for the USA. MP now has the lease on Matetsi block 5. As such he is free to sell hunts directly, or indirectly through whomever he pleases, or to sell quota in his area to other operators/PHs. This is all SOP.

MP has a relationship with other outfitters and agents around the world. Do a search on Matetsi 5 and you will see others selling hunts in this area.

His involvement in Chete appears to be more complicated. Wayne Diederichsen (sp?) is the operator in that area. It was abandoned for a few years and starting in late 2017 they have been attempting to resuscitate it. Sean is again acting as a booking agent for this outfitter in this area, but he also states he is the owner, or one of the owners of the lease for this area. This would be unusual in Zim where to my knowledge the leases are held by registered Zim operators, but often with murky financial backing. For example the infamous Rautenbach backed one of the leading operators in that country for many years and may still do so. Taking on a lease requires a large upfront payment, and in addition quota has to be paid for in advance each year. These payments can reach 7 figures in USD. In addition the Zim govt requires that every non-indigenous safari outfitter (ie foreigner or white Zimbabwean) have an indigenous partner, often but not always someone who is politically connected. So there could be a third party involved in the Chete venture. I say "could" because Wayne is a "coloured person" which in that part of the world means someone of mixed blood. It's not clear whether he qualifies as "indigenous" in the eyes of the govt. His wife is "indigenous" so perhaps she is the required partner.

Sean may or may not be privy to everything that goes on behind the scenes if he is just the booking agent.

Sean also appears to have in interest in, or be the booking agent for, an operation in Namibia.

If Sean has a direct financial interest in Chete, you would think he would favor that area over MP's operation. Perhaps while that area is being nurtured back and has limited quota, he needs a second source of income. If not, a booking is a booking and a commission is a commission.

Bottom line, if you are based in the USA and want to book a hunt in Chete or Matetsi 5 but not deal directly with the operator, it seems that Sean is your guy.

The waters are getting murkier and murkier!

Are they any crocs hiding there?? rotflmo