Find
Notify
Tools

African Outfitter Web page
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted
What do you consider important in an African Outfitter web page?
What do you look for as a client?

Baobab Game Ranch/Caracal Safaris
www.baobab-safaris-namibia.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 30 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
1. I for sure would not book with anyone without knowing prices for daily rates, trophy fees, etc.

2. It's helpful to have a page giving expected weather/hunting conditions.

3. A list of recommended things to bring is nice to have.

4. If the PH has some idiosyncrasy, that's nice to know. For instance, on one web site it's clearly stated that all copper bullets (i.e., Barnes and the like) aren't allowed. That is really nice to know as I would never want to hunt with such an uninformed person. Similarly, I would like to know if the PH is in the habit of shooting the clients animals, is afraid to walk (i.e., hunting is done from the bakki) or if it's a water hole hunt.

5. Photos of the accommodations.

6. The size of the hunting area and whether it's free range or a game farm. It's also essential to know if the hunting area is contiguous or if there are separate locations you have to go to.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
The size of the hunting area and whether it's free range or a game farm. It's also essential to know if the hunting area is contiguous or if there are separate locations you have to go to.

I like all that grumulkin suggested, I will go a bit further and say don't use the words "Free Range" that could be the most abused phrase in SA and Namibia. Just call it low fence or high fence. I here from many hunters that they are a little tired of hearing "We hunt 200,000 hectares" and then find out it's 40 different high fenced farms when they get there. Not that there's anything wrong with that it just sounds decieving.

Pricing, accomodations, who exactly is going to be your PH, history of the company, what the terrain- property looks like.
Current references from the previous season to e-mail.

These are all just a few things I here from my customers.

And FWIW, I like your website, it's very informative and pleasant to look at.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I will weigh everything up and then make a change.
What really stands out is the missing price list. PH info and accommodation. I want the viewer to feel that we are honest and not trying to rip them off or con them.
while surfing the web which site really impressed you?
I just want an idea what lies ahead for me.
Jerry thanks for the compliment. Are you of German decent?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking site. I would just add pricing.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boabab:
Thanks for the info. I will weigh everything up and then make a change.
What really stands out is the missing price list. PH info and accommodation. I want the viewer to feel that we are honest and not trying to rip them off or con them.
while surfing the web which site really impressed you?
(snip)

Take a look at the rules for posting hunts on this website. It is a good guide to what we expect. I am a subscriber to AO and the addition of the AR hunt posting requirements and suggestions in all the comments in the thread will improve the magazine.

Finally, with all the new color e-readers (kindle, Nook, iPad, etc)it is time for AO to publish electronically so that we can take the e-zine w/us. The print issues (which I keep) are too bulky to take traveling.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
personally I like all the above, also the simple act of posting updates periodically add a lot to a site. whether it be photos, a blog on recent hunts, etc... something to show some recent life in the site goes a long way in my opinion.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I like seeing pricing and accommodation. Otherwise, nice website.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I didn't see it but how do clients transfer to your ranch? Do you pick them up in Windhoek? Is there a fee for this?

You advertise that daily laundry is available, is there an extra charge or is it included in the packages?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
Hi
Thanks for all the comments. It is appreciated.
Laundry and transport is included in the package.

Frank Did you get my PM?
Margie