Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska peninsula trophy moose hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted
The downside of intentionally limiting the number of clients you accept in order to manage your game, is that a late season cancellation hurts.

We, my family and I, have one opening for our early moose season. Sept 10-20 on our two exclusive federal areas.

Alaskan hunts don't work on the same daily rate + trophy fees like African safaris.
Clients are expected to pay their transportation to and from their home, as well as purchase an Alaskan hunting license ( $160 for nonresident $630 for alien) and a moose tag ( $800 for nonresident & $1000 for alien)
Our fee covers everything once you arrive in camp, including guides, all transportation, food, housing and skinning caping and preparing your trophy.

The two hunters who hunted this early hunt last season killed a 69 and a 70" bull. And our overwinter population looks to be very successful.

This hunt originally sold for $24,500, which also included the short charter flight to camp.
We are offering the same package for $17,500

You won't find a better trophy moose hunt

Contact me
Phil Shoemaker at grizskins@att.net or by my cell 907-414-4570

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great area, and once you see the number of big Brownies playing in the run-offs, you'll be back for Bear right quick!

Posts: 20087 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
All, an Alaska Peninsula Hunt is a true adventure in some of the wildest country on earth, it’s fantastic!

Phil, where about on the Peninsula do you hunt? I’ve hunted out of Port Heiden, near Black Lake. Where are you in relation to that area?

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
We adjoin Katmai Park south of King Salmon

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I wasn't headed to the dark continent in July, I would grab this opportunity in a second!

Have wanted to do this hunt with Phil for a while, think it would be great on many levels.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
we have found an enthusiastic and happy hunter for this hunt and have all the hunters we wish to take at this time. Even though we have more permits for our exclusive federal areas, we have never figured out how to mass produce good hunting.

We still have a couple of openings for next year in case you missed this opportunity

Thanks Saeed for offering this forum

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot