THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    AR INVITE HUNT ZAMBIA LUANGWA OCTOBER 2011. SOLD OUT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR INVITE HUNT ZAMBIA LUANGWA OCTOBER 2011. SOLD OUT
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
VENUE - Luangwa Valley Zambia.
CONCESSION HOLDER - Munyamadzi
OUTFITTER - Self/Munyamadzi GR LTD
PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS - Andrew Baldry and Thor Kirchner
TROPHY EXPORTS - bangweulu@microlink.zm
CONTACT
Andrew Baldry
Fairgame Ltd
Post Net 101,
PB E891
Lusaka
Zambia
Email fairgame@iconnect.zm
Tel 00260 966 745747

2011 HUNT SCHEDULE:

Luangwa safari. Approx 7 October onwards (10 days including travel)

Daily rate Total $2,750 including transfers

The above prices are inclusive of meet & greet, food, safari accommodation and beverages but do not include some alcoholic spirits, entry visa ($50) , ammunition duty ($50 - $100), departure tax ($20) and accommodation ($50 - $150) outside the safari period.

Bird license (optional) US$ 150
Dip and Pack (optional) US$ 900
Trophy fees:

Buffalo $2500 - if available
Impala $250
Chobe Bushbuck $750
Hyena $750
Puku $800
Common Waterbuck $2000
Kudu $2500
Warthog $600
Bushpig $600
Hippo $2500
Grysbok $750

Observers daily rate - $250

Looking now for for group of 2 - 3 AR members.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
OK I am scrapping the Kafue Lechwe and moving the Luangwa hunt to beginning October onwards.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting
Are the prices the same ? Do you need to take a charter to camp?

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Maybe???

Please explain.

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested, more details please. Interested in Hippo for starters.

PM sent

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The price includes vehicle transfers.

Each gets to nominate and hunt his or hers priority and secondary animal (not Lion or Leopard) and I think it is only fair that the buffalo is a wild card and therefore the opportunity is shared amongst the group.

I might have Roan but it will be pricey.

Not sure about croc yet but I do have one hippo available which can be reserved.

Impala and the huge Chacma baboons of this region are also available to all.

It will be hot but the game will congregate on the floodplain. Will have lots of ice and a dip in the Luangwa can be refreshing.

It is preferable for those to book the same flights in and out of Zambia.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
So far I have three interested parties taking the following priority species:

1. Hippo
2. Hyena
3. Waterbuck

A buffalo will be a wild card.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
If I could give some unsolicited advice, anyone who has ever wanted to hunt Zambia should take this trip. It is basically at everyone elses "observer" rate, and the trophy fees are more than reasonable. Munyamadzi is a pristine chunk of Africa and Andrew runs a top notch camp. You will not find a greater bargain than this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I came to that conclusion, so I am in for the hippo and whatever else happens my way.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I came to that conclusion, so I am in for the hippo and whatever else happens my way.

Ya, what is that? $5250 for a week of hunting in the Luangwa valley with a hippo thrown in? Most guys are $800/day (7day min) w/ a $3k trophy fee on the hippo + transfers + concession fees, etc.. Good call Butch. Try to take him up close with the .470 tu2

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
A wonderful opportunity. Kudos to Andrew for making it happen . . . again.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks like I can offer Roan at a trophy fee of $7,000 which is steep but considering the low daily rates make this very affordable. This time of year Roan are very common and the trophy quality is excellent.

Therefore Roan, Kudu, Puku, Bushbuck, Klipspringer, Warthog, Civet, Bushpig, Grysbok are still available. Possibly other species but this depends on the last hunt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you could procure a pair of buffalo for me I would wire you some advance.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:

Sorry doc only one left on quota.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not an issue to fret on nothing other on the list interests me at the moment. Though a savy traveler would make a holiday of the trip by just paying for a few trophy fees having a great holiday.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

And I may talk you out of that one also...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
quote:

And I may talk you out of that one also...

Jeff

You have already have done that mate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Now looks as if we have four.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ttt

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
For someone who knows, what is the usual airline route from the U.S.A. to Zambia?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
For someone who knows, what is the usual airline route from the U.S.A. to Zambia?

Atlanta-J'burg-Lusaka

Washington-J'burg-Lusaka

Washingtong-Addis Ababa-Lusaka

and I heard that there were some good prices from London to Lusaka but I have not looked into them myself.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge400:
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:

Atlanta-J'burg-Lusaka

Washington-J'burg-Lusaka

Washingtong-Addis Ababa-Lusaka

and I heard that there were some good prices from London to Lusaka but I have not looked into them myself.

USA - Heathrow - Lusaka on British Air

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the problem with this routing is BA only flies to Lusaka from London 3 days a week. i checked into this route last month when i wanted to take this hunt and use my American Airlines ff miles on BA. couldn't get a seat traveling on days that would make it fit according to Andrew's timetable.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
the problem with this routing is BA only flies to Lusaka from London 3 days a week. i checked into this route last month when i wanted to take this hunt and use my American Airlines ff miles on BA. couldn't get a seat traveling on days that would make it fit according to Andrew's timetable.

I won't start booking it until about ten days from now but my timing with Andrew for 2012 June/July times out pretty good if I can get the business class seats with my Alaska miles as planned.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Chaps,

Looking for another hunter to add to the group of five in October. Please contact me direct. Many PG species available.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a GIFT my friends. Please see my hunt report from July. The camp is awesome pitched hard on the bank of the Luangwa. For a very minimal fee you get to experience real bush African hunting. The Big 4 reside on Muyamadzi and the game is calm. The company isn't bad either.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
A good looking deal for someone after Hippo and some PG.
Do you often take Hippo "on land"?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
A good looking deal for someone after Hippo and some PG.
Do you often take Hippo "on land"?

Great deal when clasic animals may become available towards the safari date.

Hippo - if you want to screw with them Sullivan style and stand on the bank shooting them off the end of your barrel then yes. Otherwise no.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I have had some PMs that are requesting full bag safaris and this is not the deal. And no you cannot shoot a Lion for $2,750.

Each hunter will get the opportunity to hunt desirable species in classic Africa. Each hunter can participate in each others hunt and share the experience. If you want to self guide that is fine by me.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you can arrange a similar hunt next year. My hunting buddy and I would be interested.

Please send pm
Joe

Posts: 38 | Location: Louisiana  | Registered: 30 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txhornhunter:
Let me know if you can arrange a similar hunt next year. My hunting buddy and I would be interested.

Please send pm
Joe

Next year I am looking at a group hunt for Sitatunga, B. Lechwe and Tsessebe in the Bangweulu swamps. Is this of interest to you?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
We have a team together now and a couple of queries more.

Thanks for all your interest.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucky Bastards... dancing

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
VENUE - Luangwa Valley Zambia.

Luangwa safari. Approx 7 October onwards (10 days including travel)

Daily rate Total $2,750 including transfers

The above prices are inclusive of meet & greet, food, safari accommodation and beverages but do not include some alcoholic spirits, entry visa ($50) , ammunition duty ($50 - $100), departure tax ($20) and accommodation ($50 - $150) outside the safari period.

Trophy fees:
Impala $250
Chobe Bushbuck $750
Bushpig $600

quote:
If you want to self guide that is fine by me.

Guys, stop and think about this: for about $6,000 total(including flights across the pond) you can do a hunt in one of the most storied hunting areas in Africa, and can guide yourself if you wish.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it $2,750 daily or TOTAL?

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkiBumplus3:

I'm pretty sure it is $2,750 total. $2,750 per day would be pretty steep for a full bag hunt, and this most certainly not full bag and it is a 3x1 hunt.

As near as I can figure, Andrew is offering a stripped-down hunt in one of Africa's greatest areas for the price of one of the cheaper PG hunts on a South African game ranch.

Guys should be climbing over each other to sign up for this hunt.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read above. Semms hunt is full.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Read above. Semms hunt is full.

You may be correct, but it looks like he might be willing to take on another:

quote:
fairgame
one of us

Posted 23 August 2011 11:20 Hide Post
Chaps,

Looking for another hunter to add to the group of five in October. Please contact me direct. Many PG species available.

Posts: 1709 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 09 April 2009

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by SkiBumplus3:

I'm pretty sure it is $2,750 total. $2,750 per day would be pretty steep for a full bag hunt, and this most certainly not full bag and it is a 3x1 hunt.

As near as I can figure, Andrew is offering a stripped-down hunt in one of Africa's greatest areas for the price of one of the cheaper PG hunts on a South African game ranch.

Guys should be climbing over each other to sign up for this hunt.

JBrown,

You are quite correct and this is the total daily rate inc. vehicle transfer. The hunt pricing is designed for those who could not otherwise afford Africa. And the bonus is that I might be able to offer Roan and Buffalo to the group.

I now have a group of six and some reserves so I am removing this offer

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look forward to the report from this hunt!!! Wish everyone the best of luck. Would love to be attending this classic E Africa hunt w/Andrew!!!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote