New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bongo, Dwarf buff and Sitautunga hunt Cameroon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We have a couple of spots to fill for 2024.

Bongo + 4 species B/C group 26.000 euros.

Bongo and Sitatunga or Dwarf forest buffalo + 4 species from B/C group 29.000 euros.

1x1 Basis - 11 hunting days.

Above Price Includes:
• PH and hunting team - pygmies and dogs
• 4 WD vehicle
• Transport during the hunt
• All accommodation and meals
• Water, soft drinks and bar – champagne not included

Above Price does not Include:
• €2,000 euro upgrade if a Yellow back duiker or Giant Forest hog is taken + trophy fees
• €7,500 euro upgrade for any additional Class A species above your hunt package
• Trophy fees
• Stay and meals in Yaounde
• Preparation, documentation and cost of packing and shipping of trophies approximately €1,900
• Transfer to camp and return by road €1,000 return (8-9 hours)
• Hunting licence €1,200. A second license will be required if more than 2 class A species are taken
• Gun rental 375 H&H + 12 bore €250 + ammunition.
• Non hunting observer €3,025

Trophy Fees
===============

A Group
----------

Bongo 5.000 euros
Dwarf forest buffalo 5,000
Sitatunga 5,000

B/C Group
----------

Yellow back duiker 2.500 euros
Giant Forest hog 2.000 euros
Red river hog 1.000
Peters duiker 600
Bay duiker 600
Black fronted duiker 600
Blue duiker 600

Dates available: Middle May to 1st week July.

2nd ever Dwarf Forest buff to be taken with a handgun

Getting there: Fly from Paris to Yaounde and overnight. Next day you can drive to camp. It's around 9 hours, depending on road conditions. But beats the $$$$ charter flight that most other operators have to use. On your return you arrive back in Yaounde in time to catch the night flight to Paris and on home.

We have been organising these hunts for many years and can provide references. Of all the species the Bongo is the one where you have the highest success rate. We also have a good number of Forest Sitatunga and take a few each year. We are one of the few if not the only concession with Yellow Back duiker in Cameroon. For those who know their jungle hunting these are extremely rare animals. I shot the first one a few years ago and since then clients have taken a few.

Giant forest hog and forest buffalo need a dedicated effort. The other duikers are fairly plentiful and everyone shoots a few of these on their hunts.

If you do a little bit of research you will find that our prices are very competitive. Please note these prices are only valid till the end of the year.

Thank you for your time.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

2024 SHOW BOOTHS:

DSC (Dallas 11th-14th January) booth #950
SCI (Nashville 31st Jan-3rd Feb) booth #411
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo (Salt lake city 15th-18th February) booth # 319

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
I did this hunt booked through Arjun.

My advice is do not waste your money. It's an expensive hunt that you can do much better elsewhere.

If you are considering it send me a PM.

I have lots of photos of the bad stuff. There wasn't much good to get pictures of. The Patrick Le Parc (owner) in the first photo is an ASS. I regret it every time I think about it!

No BS.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch, sobering advice lol.

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
This is the Patrick I experienced. He acted like a broken man when it wasn't easy.

He kept sending me off with a Baka calling "Yellowback" during the heat of the day because it wasn't worth his effort so he could nap.

He burned a hole in my vest when he fell asleep with a cigarette in his mouth.

The cheese was eaten by bugs before we opened it for our lunch.

The truck had to be worked on in the forest daily. This time we were broke down and stuck about a three hour drive from camp.

The rental guns sucked. The shotgun was taped together. The bottom barrel would not fire so I missed the few opportunities at duikers I had. I did get this Blue with a slug in the top barrel which blew the crap out of him. Patrick was pissed that I wasted a slug on the small duiker.

A bolt fell out of the steering on the 12 hour drive from camp to the airport. The steering locked up going down hill and we damn near wrecked. Fortunately the driver walked up the hill finding the bolt. He robbed a nut from another bolt then wrapped bale wire around that bolt's threads so we kept going.

This hunt sucked and it was expensive. The forest was fascinating but the hunt was bad. Go elsewhere.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve always said that AR encompasses “ the good , the bad, and the ugly”! It is because of AR and its members we are able to sift through the results and find what suits us best. A wonderful wealth of information that I hope is never diminished.

Thanks again for your sobering posts

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The way I read the listing is that the 29,000 Eurs only covers daily fees and that none of the trophy fees for Bongo, Sitautunga, Dwarf Buff or anything else is covered. Am I correct on that Arjun?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dukxdog. I almost booked this.

Posts: 26 | Location: Southeast Missouri | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun was trying to book me on this hunt too. I decided to go with Club Faune on May 15 2025. I've had some bad experiences with booking agents in the past.

Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Dukxdog, Was yours a one off or do you think they are all like this ? I am guessing that the taped shotgun was not a one off ?

And if this is the standard then I am surprised that Arjun has put his name to this as he seems to work with good outfits?!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Dukxdog, Was yours a one off or do you think they are all like this ? I am guessing that the taped shotgun was not a one off ?

And if this is the standard then I am surprised that Arjun has put his name to this as he seems to work with good outfits?!

I think this is pretty standard for Patrick. Arjun only made excuses for him.

Personally I am surprised that Arjun has offered this hunt here with the sort of photos and recommendation presented. If I were in Arjun's shoes I would not be offering this hunt until the situation was really changed.

That's why I posted my photos.

I have been a client of Arjun for a few different hunts and was mostly happy. I'm very disappointed how this situation turned out through him.