Notify
Tools

Management Hunt Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Otjandaue Hunting Safaris
posted
Hi Everybody

I’m putting out 3 management hunts for the year because of the severe drought we have.

The hunt will take place on Otjandaue Hunting Ranch Namibia Omaruru district.The offer is 10 hunting days with 10 animals for US$ 3500.00. This includes airport pick up & return, accommodation & all field services and camp services. It will be non trophy animals but you can take the horns and skins if you like.

Contact details: otjandaue@iway.na
Phone: +264 64 570821
Cell: +264 81 288 1882
www.otjandauehuntingsafaris.com

The hunt will be guided by me Roy van der Merwe.

Question:
Where does the hunt take place.

Choices:
Omaruru
Namibia

Posts: 70 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How bad is the drought around Omaruru, Outjo, and Kamanjab areas ? Last July it looked to be tough in some areas around Kamanjab ...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
What species are included in the 10 animal package? Also, what is considered a "management animal". Females or non trophy males?

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2294 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Otjandaue Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
I apologise non trophy animals are females and also males with broken horns or old males with shorter horns. The species will be Oryx and Blue Wildebeest mainly but Eland may also be part. Any other animal that looks bad because of the drought. This is the worst drought since 1981. The Outjo and Kamanjab areas looks just as bad.

The animals are still in good shape and I will feed them but you always get older animals that don’t make it.

Posts: 70 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is so sad about the drought .. I hunted in 1992 in Zim where there was no grass at all ... Bunnies running around with no cover on that fabulous red earth ... Game took such a beating ...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote