New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambian Leopard and Sable hunt 2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This hunt will be in two different areas.
The leopard hunt will take place on Mbizi Safaris (mbizisafariszambia.com ) private area in the Luangwa Valley, followed by the option of moving to Takeri Private Reserve on the Kafue to take sable, defassa waterbuck and chobe bushbuck .

10 day leopard hunt $24,350.00 this includes
10 days hunting 1x1
leopard trophy fee
dip and pack
road transfer lusaka , mbizi area, lusaka
visitors rifle permit
cites tag
accommodation, food, beverages inc alcohol to reasonable amounts.

leopard trophy fee only payable on taking the leopard, but included to show total cost of hunt if taken.

air transport can be arranged to fly into Mbizi private airstrip.
other plains game may also be taken

not included
visa on arrival
duty on ammunition on arrival (approx $2 per round)
hotel/lodge accommodation prior, after or during transfer between areas
gratuities

After transferring from Mbezi Safaris area to lusaka and spending the night at a lodge. Transfer by road to Takeri Private Reserve for the following

5 day hunt for sable, defassa waterbuck and chobe bushbuck. $11,000.00, this includes

5 days hunting 1x1
trophy fee for sable
trophy fee for defassa waterbuck
trophy fee for chobe bushbuck
road transfer lusaka takeri lusaka
accommodation , food, beverages including alocohol to reasonable amounts.

not included as above.

combined price is $35.350.00

contact info
mike taylor doubleaddict@gmail.com
cell no +260976082406

Michael de Gré-Dejestam
Mbizi safaris Ltd.
e/mail: mbizi@varna.net
GSM: +260 97 33 506 72.

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to the Code of Conduct from the PHAZ, (found here) pre-baiting is not allowed (rule 6g: "That no baits may be hung prior to the start of a safari and none to be left hanging at the end of a safari.")
And "That any professional hunter who violates the code on baits, shall have his professional hunter’s license and or hunting licenses canceled
immediately." (rule 8).

The code itself has more things in it which are rarely obeyed. For example only maximum 3 baits at any one time for leopard, or 2 baits at any one time for lion. But no one has ever lost his license over this, so what's the point of this Code of Conduct?

While I don't disagree with pre-baiting or using more than 2 or 3 baits, especially on a shorter hunts like this, how are we suspecting to keep in business if we even can stick to self inflicted rules? That just looks very bad to the outside world.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushPeter:
According to the Code of Conduct from the PHAZ, (found here) pre-baiting is not allowed (rule 6g: "That no baits may be hung prior to the start of a safari and none to be left hanging at the end of a safari.")
And "That any professional hunter who violates the code on baits, shall have his professional hunter’s license and or hunting licenses canceled
immediately." (rule 8).

The code itself has more things in it which are rarely obeyed. For example only maximum 3 baits at any one time for leopard, or 2 baits at any one time for lion. But no one has ever lost his license over this, so what's the point of this Code of Conduct?

While I don't disagree with pre-baiting or using more than 2 or 3 baits, especially on a shorter hunts like this, how are we suspecting to keep in business if we even can stick to self inflicted rules? That just looks very bad to the outside world.

As this area is a private reserve I wonder if Government rules apply?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
This part of the Luangwa which is down from Munyamadzi is stiff with Leopard. Beautiful hill country cascading down into the Luangwa river.

Here you will not be refunded your trophy fee.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
immediately." (rule 8).

hi peter this is private land and the cats along with all other animals apart from hippo and ele are owned by the property owners. the phaz "ethics" as far as i can see are the zawa/np laws repeated word for word.......so not really ethics thought up by phaz. these were introduced before private reserves/ranches really existed in zambia, and need changing to take into account the different scenarios now in operation. in other countries the pre-baiting or shooting at night is not permitted on govnt areas but is on private land or conservancies ( and yes i know the 30 mins before and after sunrise/sunset apply on all zambian properties. just using it as an example). pre-baiting is also allowed in govnt areas in some countries. with the shorter times now being the norm for most hunting on leopard hunts pr-baiting is offered as an option and most people take up this option. the owners of this property also put up baits on a regular basis to get an idea of the numbers of leopard and lion on the property. one such leopard bait put up a few days ago had a leopard on it in one hour and lion are seen on a regular basis. as you say yourself the rules on the number of baits put up are basically ignored and thats on govnt areas where these rules apply........if the owners so wished they could shoot every single animal including the cats on the property, but as andrew says this is part of a number of properties working together who have created a wildlife haven where numerous species including the cats are thriving, so as i said phaz needs to go and have a think and update or actually think up and write its own ethics ..........regards mike

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
This part of the Luangwa which is down from Munyamadzi is stiff with Leopard. Beautiful hill country cascading down into the Luangwa river.

apologies as i put in the total cost if the leopard is taken. the trophy fee is only payable after the cat is taken and not paid prior.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So they're not just ethics, but actual rules?! I wonder how many people have taken a leopard or lion in Zambia and only had 3 or 2 baits out at any one time. I think very few people stuck to that 'rule'.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike.t:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

What I mean mate is that you will get a good Leopard.

apologies as i put in the total cost if the leopard is taken. the trophy fee is only payable after the cat is taken and not paid prior.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
So they're not just ethics, but actual rules?! I wonder how many people have taken a leopard or lion in Zambia and only had 3 or 2 baits out at any one time. I think very few people stuck to that 'rule'.

BushPeter,

I think private lands and Government concessions differ?

On baiting it may vary as you might have a couple of baits out for hyena alongside your cat.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok andrew i see what you mean. good way of putting it beer

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Great offer from a great operator. You'll have fun fir sure
Cheers
Dave

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me as though there are always loop holes in terms of what one can get away with, but then it does become more of an issue of ethics and setting a "standard" for ones self. As a client we rely on the ph to know, understand and follow the rules and this is what they are paid for. Perhaps this is a discussion for another thread so as to not interfere with this offer.

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote