THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Archery Elk Montana Horseback Camp March 15 Deadline
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archery Elk Montana Horseback Camp March 15 Deadline
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I still have some spots open for the 2018 Archery season in my Western Montana Horseback Camps. It is an easy 3 to 5 mile ride into one of our 2 wall tent camps in the Beaverhead Mountains of Western Montana. These are 7 day trips during the rut in September. We limit the amount of hunters we take each archery season to between 4 and 6 hunters over the course of 3 weeks. ( the Montana archery season is actually 5 weeks long but we try to hunt the best parts of the rut). You will hunt each day either on foot from camp or saddle up the horses and ride out of camp before hunting. All meals are included as are guides and lodging in wall tents ( cots, wood stoves for heat and propane for light).

This is the true Western Elk hunting experience. This hunt is conducted on National Forest and we could see other hunters. We are the only outfitter Licensed to be in the 100 sq. mile area and the short horseback ride tends to get us away from 90% of the day hunters near the roads. IN 2017 the 4 archery hunters all had Bulls standing within 35 yards. Though none of them killed one ( Some long stories there!!) Our 2017 rifle hunts were 50% success and should have been a little higher ( More long stories!!)

Time is running short for the Montana License deadline so if you think this is something you want to do please get in touch with me. The license is a general Montana license area (no special permit) and should be near 100% chance of drawing the license ( had been 100% up until 2017)

All of my 2018 rifle spots are full for this area.

Hunt Price $4250.00 per person.

Included in this trip:

7 days
all meals
Wall tent Camps
knowledgable guides
100 sq mile exclusive guiding area
Assistance with filing for licenses

Not included:

Licenses
alcoholic drinks
meat processing
taxidermy

Tony Piscopo MT outfitter Lic # 12664
Continental Divide Outfitters
1216 Nordheim Lane
corvallis MT 59828
406-207-1344

Posts: 265 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That’s some great area Tony hunts in
Lots of elk and good men to take care of you up there

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy, a horseback hunt for elk is one of my favorite hunting adventures; the best there is in the lower 48 unless I draw an AZ early season rifle tag.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Milan, Todd and the guys truly are the best. They give 110% to make sure everyone has a good time.

AAW I couldn’t agree more. I’ll throw a few pictures up later on this trip

Posts: 265 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to have to work on my archery for next season I can see.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Boy, a horseback hunt for elk is one of my favorite hunting adventures; the best there is in the lower 48 unless I draw an AZ early season rifle tag.

Whether it's an Arizona tag or most of the other western states, a September rut hunt for big bulls is something everyone should experience. There is nothing I'd rather hunt in North America than big bulls during the rut.

Posts: 3905 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

2017 bulls

Camp pictures

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
That is a fair price for that hunt.

If we lived in the US, we'd be talking.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote