Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Pronghorn Antelope Hunts Fall 2015
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My phone number is 505.294.7861 or 505-967-6562 cell. I have been a registered outfitter in New Mexico for 19+ years.

We have 3 great ranches with spots available for the 2015 fall pronghorn antelope season.

Number 1, we have the 96 Ranch, (7 miles southwest of Santa Rosa Rosa) 60,000 deeded acres, 2 spots only, priced at $3,000 + NM Gross Receipts Tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. The hunt date is flexible as long as it is any three days from October 7 thru 0ctober 18. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to Santa Rosa is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter.

Number 2, we have the Block Ranch is 25 miles northeast of Capitan, NM. This unit is 48,000 deeded acres. We have 3 total hunts on this ranch and all are available.This ranch has B&C potential This ranch is also priced a $3,750 + NM Gross Receipts tax, FULLY OUTFITTED. Meals, lodging, 2x1 guiding, and LO permit are included in this package. Transport to the ranch is the hunters responsibility. State license fee of $300 is the responsibility of the hunter. This hunt will take place any three days from October 7 thru October 18.

Number 3, Mobility Impaired Only, We have 1 hunt on the Burton Ranch at Springer and we have 1 hunt on the Juan de Dios at Santa Rosa. Both of these high quality hunts take place before any one else has hunted......NICE. Both of these hunts are guided only. The hunter is responsible for meals, lodging, transport to the ranch, and the state license ($300+/-). The landowner authorization is included with the hunt. The price for either of these hunts is $2,750 + NM Gross Receipts tax of 7%. The Burton is 6,000 deeded acres. The Juan de Dios is 16,000 deeded and 4,000 lease.The hunt date on the Burton is August 8-10. The hunt date for the Juan de Dios is August 15-17.

I will be following up with pictures of bucks harvested on these ranches in the next few posts. Thank you AR. AR members.....if you know someone that is Mobility Impaired (handicapped) and likes to hunt, let them know about #3. These hunts put smiles on folks that may have not smiled for a while. Lots of fun!

Jim Welles
www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Block Ranch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan de Dios

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt with Jim every year somewhere in NM. He is a good guy and knows his stuff. You can trust what Jim tells you.

Posts: 10175 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello AR Members-

I wanted to update you on the status of our New Mexico antelope hunts.

#1-the 96 Ranch is 100% booked
#2-the Block Ranch has one opening left
#3-The Burton Ranch and Juan de Dios Ranch Mobility Impaired hunts are still available and if you are a VETERAN please call me and lets talk. I will work with you on pricing.

However, we have had a cancellation on our Caprock-Ima Ranch. We can provide this hunt under the Mobility Impaired status Aug 15-17 or you can do this as a regular outfitted/guided hunt Oct 3-5. This ranch is 5,000+/- acres on the Caprock South of Tucumcari. As mentioned, we can do this hunt fully outfitted or semi guided where you take care of your meals and lodging and we will do the guiding. My guide for this ranch has guided it several times now and knows just how to get the big bucks. We actually have a video on our site of this hunt and I will post pictures from this ranch following the update.
The part you should focus on is Luke Lemaster. This is 100% on the Caprock-Ima Ranch.

https://vimeo.com/59710689

As a special note as this is Memorial Day, please know that we sponsor several Veterans hunts in various ways. If you know a Veteran that would like to hunt but does not have the means to do so, and you would like to participate with us in sponsoring one of the above mobility impaired hunts, we will work with you. It does your heart good and mind good to know you are giving back. Call me on my cell at 505-967-6562 and lets talk about how we can get one of these folks on a hunt that they will never forget.

Thank you AR!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caprock-Ima Buck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caprock-Ima Buck