THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    EXCELLENT HUNT FOR MOOSE, WOODLAND CARIBOU & BLACK BEAR IN NF (special deal for '16)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EXCELLENT HUNT FOR MOOSE, WOODLAND CARIBOU & BLACK BEAR IN NF (special deal for '16)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Bough Wiffen Outfitters on Newfoundland's Great Northern Peninsula was recommended to me by a good friend so I have been vetting them for the last month or so as I wanted to offer a more affordable alternative to what I already am offering for moose. The conclusion I've drawn is this may be one of the best opportunities available for a hunter to take a good moose at a very reasonable price. Also for the hunter looking for some different species. The moose is considered the Canada variety as opposed to Shiras or Alaska/Yukon and Newfoundland also is the only place you'll find the Woodland caribou. Both species occur in good numbers in this area as well as good populations of black bear.

The operator Norman Pilgrim has been in the outfitting business for 15 years and a guide for 25. His Dad was the game warden in the area for 34 years and is still active in the business. They know this area like nobody else.

Moose densities are estimated at 8-10 per square Kilometer and caribou although on a limited quota are in good numbers. Actually Norman told me he'd never had a hunter not have an opportunity at a moose, caribou and black bear on a 6 day hunt.

Terrain is not terrible and the moose hunting can be quite easy if you hunt the rut, choose to hunt around the lakes and call the moose. Meat retrieval can be accomplished via ATV or boat so meat packing is not necessary for hunters.

You can choose to hunt from the main lodge or from more remote cabins back in the bush where you'll be the only ones around. All cabins have hot showers, gas refrigerators and a generator for electric lights.

Optimum time to be there this year is Sept 25-Oct 1 or Oct 2-8 to hit the rut. Norman has acquire a new area adjacent to his original area and has openings for the rut period still available for '16. These are moose only and we've discounted them $1,500. See pricing below.

The hunt area is reached via charter aircraft from Deer Lake, NL. Deer Lake can be reached daily from Toronto and other Canadian points of entry.

Pricing includes 6 full days hunting, charter flight to and from camp and all lic/tag. You pay one flat fee from Deer Lake to Deer Lake.

1X1 moose $6,000 NOW $4,500 FOR '16
1x1 caribou $7,000 SOLD OUT FOR '16
1x1 black bear $4,500
1x1 moose/caribou combo $12,000
Add a black bear to any moose or caribou hunt for $500

NOTE:Any moose hunt booked and paid for after Aug 1 of the year the hunt is to be conducted will incur an extra $500 lic fee. On Aug 1 all licenses go to the Newfoundland Outfitters Assoc. and are sold by them back to the individual outfitters that need them thus the extra $500.

Extras days are available by special arrangement.

I'm making arrangements with a friend to be there for the rut in '17. Want to join us?

First question I know is how do I bring the meat and trophies home? Last year I heard about an outfit that was bringing meat and trophies down from Alaska by the semi load in a refrigerator truck. They come to different locations in the States and you pick you stuff up there. They are doing the same thing out of Newfoundland and Norman says the average cost is $300-$400 for meat, horns and capes. You might have to drive a few hours to get to the pick up point but you'll save a load of money and have your whole moose. BTW if you don't know moose meat is excellent.

Contact me with your questions anytime.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Mark - Great pictures, but...no details?

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry! Got called away before I added the text. The details are there now.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,
Can you send me (via email) more info on the moose hunts? ie hunter success, average moose size, etc.
Any info is appreciate...Dad still wants the shot at a caribou and I want a moose. Dates seems manageable with my ability to get away.
Thanks.
DJ Smith
ps...Looking forward to that NM antelope hunt..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
20 years ago I paid 1/3 this cost for the same hunt...moral of the story...book and go now because it keeps getting more expensive. Don't wait until you retire in 10 or 20 years to enjoy your earnings....the money will buy LESS.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I'm bring this to the top again as this is a great hunt and if you can go in '16 it is a super deal.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Mark, can you send a list of clients with contact info from 2014 and 2015 to tvandiepen@farmersagent.com?

Best, Thomas Van Diepen

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote