New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Mountain Lion Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys now is the time to get your apps in for Montana Mountain Lion. We have two areas to conduct our hunts in. One area is on a quota system with only a couple cats on qouta. The other area has tons of cats but the permits are on a draw. Once you draw no worries of having the qouta filled and ruining your trip. It is $5.00 to apply at the Montana FWP website and the period goes to August 31. the nonresident license is then 300.00. After you kill your cat the state then also charges a 50.00 trophy fee when they seal it.
Now the details of the hunt. The trip is 8 days. You will stay here at my home in the Bitteroot Valley of Western Montana in my bunkhouse. Three meals a day all family style. ( basically because my family is here!!!! Smiler ) We'll be out early each day looking for tracks and going at it till we find a track to turn the dogs out on. When we turn the dogs loose we then are off on foot, truck, horses or snow machines to get us to the tree. The better shape you are in the more enjoyable this hunt will be. I am the licensed outfitter for this hunt. My guy with the dogs is also a licensed outfitter here in Montana. There will be at least two of us to one hunter. you can book this hunt anytinme from dec 1 ,2011 to March 31, 2012

If you don't want to hassle with the draw we can also hunt cats in the qouta areas. These hunts are at the 1st of December and are based out of a wall tent camp. Again all meals are provided and we hunt the same way.

Cost of the Hunt is 4,000.00 for 8 days per hunter. This includes lodging, meals, guides dogs and trophy prep. It does not include license, state trophy fee, alcohol or taxidermy.
Montana has some great cats and this is hunt that the memories will last a lifetime.

Tony Piscopo
Continental Divide Outfitters
Corvallis Montana
License # 12664

Posts: 253 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets see I still have a hard time posting pics on this site so here is a link. This is one of the three cats we took this past winter. Put it in perspective I am 6' 1'' a nd 240 pounds. This tom measured 8' 6" from nose to tip of tail and missed B&C by an 1/8 of an inch at 14 7/8.
It was 3 miles back to the truck so we skinned him and packed out the hide. So no actual weight.

Posts: 253 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok think I got it now
this is my cat

lion one

Chris's Lion