New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low Daily Rate Hunts in the Omay
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Due to the undue confusion that this offer has created, these offers will have to retracted at this time.

Chris Moore

omaysafaris@gmail.com
54 Kennedy Drive, Greendale, Harare ZIMBABWE

Chris Moore
Telephone/WhatsApp +263-778-165-846

I J Larivers
Telephone/WhatsApp/Telegram +263-779-761-990

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought Martin Pieters had the Omay concession? Has it now changed hands, been divided up or been sub-leased?

An attractive pricing offer in any event. Good luck.

JCHB

Posts: 425 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
The Ume Camp was absolutely part of Martin's operation. I hunted there. It was a fine camp. What is the relationship between Mr Moore and Mr Larivers and Martin Pieters?

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I guess that Chris Drazan's post was more effective than I thought.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drazan's post surely made a few people think carefully about their hunting arrangements but my inquiry came as a result of having hunted in the Omay with MP safaries (either the week before or after you Frank, I can't remember!)

JCHB

Posts: 425 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. To clarify. Both Omay Safaris and MP safaris will operate out of the Ume camp? Thanks

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taken from the MP safaris website:

"Martin Pieters Safaris hunts exclusively the one million-acre Omay North and South Hunting Blocks in the famous Zambezi Valley. This is one of the finest unfenced hunting areas in Africa and is known for its large concentrations of big game. Hilly terrain, river valleys and large forests make the Omay a true hunter’s dream."

I guess that's your answer shoulderman!

JCHB

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
?? What the Hell?

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had seen the original post.

Martin has (had?) the north and south concessions. This new operator refers to Omay 1 & 2.

What is the difference? Are these different areas or are they the same areas renamed?

I was in both north & south in 2014. I recall some carbon green guys being around. I am a bit hazy on the details and I may be totally wrong. I recall something about the carbon green guys owning the camps/areas or going to own them in the future. I cannot remember the details. This makes me wonder. I wish I could remember. There was definitely a guy in camp.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am told from a reliable source that Martin no longer has the Omay.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

I heard the same thing.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Two days ago Martin was advertising Buff hunts in the Omay on AfricaHunting.com.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Been watching with amusement for the last day.
Its amazing how rumours run and how an idea is fuelled by peoples opinion.
Facts
Omay 1 and 2 are also known as the Omay North and south.
Bulembi runs the North while Safrique runs the south.
Chris Moore, the OP is head of anti poaching in the North and a camp manager of Ume camp.
He is not a PH, he does not have a registered operators licence to operate any hunt.
All paperwork goes through Bulembi and Safrique, the concession holders.

Due to several reasons, some of which are due to underuse of the quota based on but not limited to:

a. The Obama administration.
b. World economy.
c. Zim politics

The concession holders have decided that it is in the best interests of the area to allow a couple other operators to market the quota, there will be a central booking sheet held in Harare. This will enable us to utilise the quota fully and therefore run the area correctly.

Omay safaris, is not one of them.

I have sold the majority of the 2017 and 2018 quota and will carry on as usual taking my clients into the area.
I book my clients into the Omay based on my experience and know WHEN to hunt for a PARTICULAR specie, my PH's have hunted extensively in the area and know it well.

My clients that have booked to hunt the Omay under Martin Pieters Safaris can be assured that they will be hunting as usual.
On top of this, I am still involved with African conservancies and am a shareholder of such.
Any questions, send me an email.
As far as the OP is concerned, he is totally out of line and has been advised as such.
Cheers

Martin

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Could this possibly be any more confusing? Who has rights to sell what???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I always stear clear of things where there are too many fingers in the pie. The posts suggest there is already a lack of communication amongst the parties that are involved in one way or another.

Not a situation I would book into. There is way too much of this going on these days and it is a common source of problems amongst many of the negative hunt reports one hears or reads about.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1845 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safrique? The same operation that is in Niassa?

Posts: 1923 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If one would book, would one have to pay for all Trophy Fees in Advance?

Posts: 133 | Location: Eskimo Point - CANADA | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
Been watching with amusement for the last day.
Its amazing how rumours run and how an idea is fuelled by peoples opinion.
Facts
Omay 1 and 2 are also known as the Omay North and south.
Bulembi runs the North while Safrique runs the south.
Chris Moore, the OP is head of anti poaching in the North and a camp manager of Ume camp.
He is not a PH, he does not have a registered operators licence to operate any hunt.
All paperwork goes through Bulembi and Safrique, the concession holders.

Due to several reasons, some of which are due to underuse of the quota based on but not limited to:

a. The Obama administration.
b. World economy.
c. Zim politics

The concession holders have decided that it is in the best interests of the area to allow a couple other operators to market the quota, there will be a central booking sheet held in Harare. This will enable us to utilise the quota fully and therefore run the area correctly.

Omay safaris, is not one of them.

I have sold the majority of the 2017 and 2018 quota and will carry on as usual taking my clients into the area.
I book my clients into the Omay based on my experience and know WHEN to hunt for a PARTICULAR specie, my PH's have hunted extensively in the area and know it well.

My clients that have booked to hunt the Omay under Martin Pieters Safaris can be assured that they will be hunting as usual.
On top of this, I am still involved with African conservancies and am a shareholder of such.
Any questions, send me an email.
As far as the OP is concerned, he is totally out of line and has been advised as such.
Cheers

Martin

The more I thought about this the stranger this became to me. Please see what I highlighted.

Bulembi has the north, at least according to Martin. Bulembi is Martin's company. Since Chris Moore is Camp Manager of the Ume River camp (in the north) ,does that mean that he was/is trying to sell hunts in what would presumably be his bosses area? Does it mean something else?

Very strange in my book.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are the types of threads taht virtually insure many hunters won't go to Africa:

Offers retracted, no explanation.

Different owners, same area (fraud, censure, scammer ran away the the money, someone lost their concession abruptly?)

This is one of those times where the long answer would have been less damaging.

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also strange, in my book. Chris Moore indicated the off-take in the past years was much lower than the allocated quota. He made it appear this was done voluntarily.
MP now claims it's in the best interest of the area to allow other operators to market the quota too. Is that the quota they are allocated, or the quota they restricted themselves too?
Didn't they fill their self-inflicted low quota, or was the self-inflicted low quota not really self-inflicted?