Find
Notify
Tools

KUDU HEAVEN!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of African Barefoot Safaris
posted
Last week I hunted with two Frence guys on a farm near Ellisras in the Limpopo profince, they just want to hunt warthogs....so we saw some monster Kudu Bulls!!!!!

We were driving back to camp one night and saw 13 Kudu Bulls and all were over 55 inches...

I have been hunting kudu for a long time now, and I can Promise you if you want a bull over 55 and maybe 60 inches,this is the place to come to!

I now have exclusive hunting rights on this 9000 acres and there are some nice Klipspringer,Mountain Reedbuck, Bushbuck, Warthog and Bushpig.We can also go and hunt on other consesions if there are something else you want to hunt!

Trophy Prices are as fallow:

Kudu $1950
Klipspringer $1000
Mountian Reedbuck $1000
Bushbuck $1000
Warthog $300
Bushpig $400

Daily rates are $300 per person per day,observers $150 per day.

Available dates

20 July-30 July
1 Sept-10 Sept
12 Sept-22 Sept

Feel free to contact me on info@africanbarefootsafaris.co.za
or vissit our website www.africanbarefootsafaris.co.za

Reon van Tonder
Outfitter and PH
African Barefoot Safaris
africanbarefootsafaris@gmail.com

Posts: 55 | Location: South Africa/ Namibia | Registered: 04 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was the PH company I hunted with last month. If it is the same place we hunted, there is at least one monster Kudu bull that WILL go over sixty inches... Just a huge bodied big trophy bull. I had already taken mine, so (sadly) all I could do was see him once and then think about him with evil designs for the rest of the week.

Reon will get you good trophies under fair chase conditions.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
ISS,

Just curious.....why didn't you shoot the 60" bull? I think I would have been bringing home 2 Kudu on that trip Smiler

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of African Barefoot Safaris
posted Hide Post
I were wondering the same thing at that moment...but he said something about buying the wife a car..................... Roll Eyes

Reon van Tonder
Outfitter and PH
African Barefoot Safaris
africanbarefootsafaris@gmail.com

Posts: 55 | Location: South Africa/ Namibia | Registered: 04 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
HAHA!! Damn.....that's too bad Frowner

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a hard thing to pass up. But, I am a (mostly) happily married man, twenty years next month; and I had made a deal and a budget. I promised to stay on budget, and she gets a new car next year for her birthday before I go back. I am what you call "motivated".
And, I got a couple grand taxidermy bill to cover.

This ranch is lousy with big Kudu and Gemsbuck, and there are at least two big Eland bulls on the place too.

I have a bucket list with Reon and his wife Elmay for 2011. He has another exclusive on a place with Sable. He was a PH with Angus Brown Safaris for more than a decade, and has some tremendous places lined up to take clients on. The Limpopo Province is world famous for big Plains Game trophies, and I think he knows everybody up there that has good fair chase hunting.

The best reference a PH can get from a client is a return hunt. I plan to hunt with African Barefoot Safaris again at least three more trips Lord willing. He has a friend that runs a cigar shop, and the friend sent over $500 worth of Cuban Cigars along for my perusal just on Reon's word.
Hunt hard all day, get an unlimited hot water supply shower when you get back to camp, an awesome meal (we even had mashed potatoes a couple times with gravy and corn on the cob: and alternated Kudu and Gemsbuck steaks for dinner) and a time to replay the day over a gin and tonic or two and a Cohiba.

I simply cannot recommend this young couple and their Safari company highly enough.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like one hell of a good hunt and outfit. Congrats on having such a strong resolve.....I'm not sure I could have passed such an awesome bull. Well hopefully nobody gets him and you can whack him next year!!

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I would have had two Kudu in the salt and the wife can open the windows instead of having air conditioning in the car!!!

Wink

the area up near Ellisras is great country and I was hoping to head up there again this year after our hunt in August but if I extend the trip again I think the locks will be changed by the time I get home!!

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are just as "domesticated" as I am. Fallow Buck talks the talk, but closes with something about changed locks if he does what he says I should have done.
beer

Seriously, Reon & Elmay will show you some beautiful country, and quality mature trophy animals.

Rich
DRSS

Besides, I buy the car and I can go hunt with the von Tondens every year!