New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marco Polo Kyrgyzstan 2016 season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

This is a 10 day hunt for MP in Kyrgyzstan for the 2016 season. October/November would be prime dates to do this hunt.

$22,500 includes one Marco Polo (any size). The Marco Polo in Kyrgyz are not as large as the true MP from Tajikistan but the hunt is way less expensive, it is conducted at a lower altitude up to 14,000 feet and more sporting IMO. The outfitter has taken quite a few sheep already this season over 50" but one must go expecting from 48"++. A good trophy is an old ram with broomed off horns.

Price includes:

Meet and greet in Bishkek
Transport to camp - 9 hours drive
Horses and local guides during the hunt
All meals
water and soft drinks
All documentation for your trophy

Does not Include:

Applying for your CITES import permit from USFW (I will help with that process)
Visas - apprx $100
VIP service on arrival in Kyrgyz apprx $150
Alcoholic drinks
Stay before or after hunt in Bishkek

If you wish to add an Ibex the cost is an extra $3,500 including one ibex trophy any size.

To get there fly via Istanbul to Bishkek. I highly recommend a few days layover in Istanbul on your way over and can help with all that.

This hunt requires one to be in good physical shape and some experience with horse riding would be most useful. Shooting distance is 200-500 yards. Depending on local conditions and where the game is you will hunt from spike camps which can be yurt style accommodation or old Russian camper vans.

Base Camp

You can also just hunt Ibex if you wish, cost of hunt including 1 ibex any size $7,500

Thanks for looking.

Arjun Reddy
Http://www.HuntersNetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from this hunt. Didn't use Arjun and not sure how he got my picture. Not a problem. Don't recall giving permission for Alban to share my pics.
Had a great time and experienced a wonderful adventure. This hunt is not for everyone. Please make lots of phone calls before you go. Not to imply any under-hand activities. Just know what to expect in Asia.

Ski+3

Posts: 859 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the pics from the outfitter who gave me permission to use them, sent skibumplus33 a PM to sort it out. Thanks.

Arjun

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skibump fantastic ram wow! Crappy about pics getting out without permission but looking forward to the report!

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Just received this photo from the outfitter of a Marco Polo he just took with another client. 52" shot at 250 meters.

All Asian hunts are tough hunts and most importantly one needs to have the right mind set and be open to a bit of adventure.

Thanks for Looking.

Arjun Reddy
Http://www.HuntersNetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
All Asian hunts are tough hunts and most importantly one needs to have the right mind set and be open to a bit of adventure.

I would certainly agree with that with regard to my hunt. That said it was an amazing hunt and well worth it. Hunt Report:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...8321043/m/6241071281

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just re read your great report Brett. I recently spent some time with Arda in Istanbul, nice guy. Your planning before the hunt and attitude during the hunt is what hunters headed to Asia must possess. If you don't have that in you or cant deal with it, then my advise is not to go. Period.

These will be the most valued of your trophies and all serious hunters must do it at least once.

Cheer,

Arjun