THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Two discounted spots availabe for the elk rifle opener in SE Colorado
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two discounted spots availabe for the elk rifle opener in SE Colorado
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sierra Grande Outfitters still has two openings at the begining of the Colorado rifle season Oct 15-19. The ranch is near Trinadad, CO and you'd need to fly into Colorado Springs and rent a car for the 2.5 hour drive to the ranch.

The ranch is not huge but the habitat is great elk country and shooting opportunity on mature bulls should be 100%. There are no guarantees but everybody should get a bull. Bulls will average 300-325 B&C with much bigger bulls being taken each year.

The hunt is not a terribly physical affair at all. People on crutches or with other mobility hampering circumstances have been very successful here. Being able to shoot at 300 yards or more could certainly increase your chances though as the country is pretty open where you would be hunting.

Accommodations are in the Rossevelt Lodge over looking the ranch. This is a 7 bedroom 4 bath lodge with all the amenities so you'll be very comfortable.

Check sierragrandeoutfitters.com for some recent pix

Pricing 1x1 5 days $8,000 (regularly $9,000)

Trophy fees:

Upto 300 B&C $1,000
300-325 B&C $1,500
325 B&C upward $2,000 (was $2,500)

Extras:

Lic/tag $588
Meat processing approx. $350
Gratuity
Taxidermy
Airfare
Trophy shipping

DRAWING A TAG IS ASSURED BUT THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 5

Call me anytime with questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$11,428.00 for ONE Elk!!!!. What the hell. What idiot would pay that! Of course, I know there are idiots who would pay that for 1 animal. Crap go to Africa and kill a whole lot of critters for that. For that amount of money I would just get me some cattle and have a SHIT LOAD more meat. Like I said you wanna spend that for 1 critter, friggin go ahead. What the FUCK! Just my opinion. Do what you want. Most of the hunts I have seen on TV are just kill shots, not hunting anyway. Spend your cash anyway you want, just don't call it Hunting.Yeah I know I'm gonna hear the typical Bullshit, "To each his own". Whatever this forum is for people to give "Their" opinions. Sorry , HUNTING is now morethan just Killing for a price. CRAP Monthy RAVE. DAMN! Let's do more hunting, than just pulling the trigger for a price and calling it hunting. C ya, maybe.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crap, after re-reading it it sounds even more like a kill instead of Hunting. If your on crutches, it's no problem. I don't get it! What has happened to 'HUNTING'! Just 'wheelchair' up to a coral and shoot one, what the F#$&! Really guys this ain't Hunting, is it? Kinda like shootin' fish in a barrel. Preach to me if you want, but it will fall on deaf ears. I mean really, read his post about how easy it is to KILL your Elk. Repeat not HUNTING, just KILLING.

Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark is this hi fence sounds like it.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
kingd,
I do not see where Mark misrepresented anything in his advertisement. He gave what I am sure is an honest assessment of the hunt. I would further guess that for this type of hunt it is a competitive price.

You, on the other hand berate the hunt/offer while using language that was not necessary. This is the “Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts” forum not the political forum. You really showed some class in those two posts. Even if this is hunting behind “high fence", that has been debated in the proper forums ad nauseum.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Mark is this hi fence sounds like it.

This is not a high fenced hunt nor has it been misrepresented in any way. I have guided hunts for this operation on this ranch and it is a fun hunt. I don't think that the price is out of line, especially compared to other hunts in the same area.

If it doesn't sound like something you would enjoy or something you can afford then look for a different opportunity

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
KingD, I can only imagine what the "d" stands for.

Mark and I have had some disagreements in the past, but I do not see anywhere in his post the need for such an outburst.

I have been known to use vulgarity in the past on posts, but even I don't agree with your comments or choice of verbage.

Mark just represents folks that have hunts for sale, he does not set the prices.

It does not matter if the hunt is behind a high fence or in the middle of a wilderness area.

Many folks that see this will think it is a case of the pot calling kettle black, but as I have been told in the past, You Did not Impress Anyone with That Bunch Of BS.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the life of me why does the moderator of this forum allow such garbage posts.
This really ruins it for us all this keeps a lot of outfitters from posting here because of the uncalled for crap.
And further more if you can't control your typing at least respect, that many people read these forums and your language maybe standard in your home but not in many of these members homes.
SO BUD KNOCK IT OFF

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well said. this guy gives me heartburn. this sub forum is for selling hunts. if you can't afford it( most likely) or don't approve of it( less likely)- shut up and move on

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 +1
About 30 minutes ago I had thought about posting something along the same lines as what each of you did, since king d's two posts and pdogshooters post. Contemplated whether to say something publicly or address them in a PM. I didn't, do either. I moved on and just came back.

I appreciate ya'll taking them to task.
It's a shame when a guy can't make an honest above-board offer and not have to suffer grief about it. It is what it is. If you don't like it, move on. No need to flame.

Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, don't berate someone for making a legit post, just pass over without useless comments!

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

My understanding has been that this forum was created to allow outfitters, safari operators and agents to post available hunts and for folks to see what is out there for sale. I don't mind at all answering questions about the ads I post particularly if I've posted something that is unclear. I think the ripping on an ad because it offends some individual should be taken somewhere else. If the ad is so offensive perhaps a seperate thread could be started to discuss that among like minded folks.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

My understanding has been that this forum was created to allow outfitters, safari operators and agents to post available hunts and for folks to see what is out there for sale. I don't mind at all answering questions about the ads I post particularly if I've posted something that is unclear. I think the ripping on an ad because it offends some individual should be taken somewhere else. If the ad is so offensive perhaps a seperate thread could be started to discuss that among like minded folks.

Mark

+1

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee where have I heard this before.
I have asked about the very same thing
The reponse is it's good to get all views about the hunt offered out in plain site. bsflag
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see where my question is any where out of line.

I never said you misrepresented the hunt. Nor did I coment on the price. I asked a simple question.

Most hunts that I see that charge by the size of rack and have that high of suscess rate are game ranch hunts.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
p dog,

Your right! Your question was definitely legitimate. I think Drummond answered that one but it is not a high fence operation. There are just lots of elk there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rebuttal:
1)"The ranch is not huge but the habitat is great elk country and shooting opportunity on mature bulls should be 100%. "

100% guarantee? Granted it says"shooting opportunity".How many of you have been
hunting and had a 100% "shooting opportunity" on anything.

2) "There are no guarantees but everybody should get a bull."

Sounds like a killing not a hunt.

3)"The hunt is not a terribly physical affair at all. People on crutches or with other mobility hampering circumstances have been very successful here."

Still doesn't sound like hunting. Sounds like killing again. What's the challenge?

I have always had to "HUNT" for my animals. Never, ever been on a 100% guaranteed "hunt"

4) elk88101, sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I have almost lived 50yrs without worrying about you. 'Speck to do 50 more. As to what I say in my
house, that is none of our 'beeswax'. Don't really care what you think of me, you don't know me.

Mark I have nothing against you or what you say on these forums. I have read and enjoyed you posts. Just don't understand when a hunt is 100%
guaranteed shooting, everybody should get a bull and people who have physical problems have had no issues getting their bulls. Just sounds like
a guaranteed kill.

Submariner... Go NAVY!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So a man offers a hunt.Which you have no intention to buy and start typeing garbage people pay alot more for 1 marco polo and shoot nothing wasent there someone who paid 1 million for a sheep tag before.So when you got to put the money amount to bitch about right there we know you cant afford this and are just trying to make youself herd..But continue being a jerk-off

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Mark I have read and re-read your post, and I appreciate and respect that you made an effort to detail the hunt and set the core expectations AND in doing so identified who you think would be a good fit for this hunt.

It has been said before on this forum by I forget who, that we are all just one step away from physical and/or financial catastrophe. I for one in my “50 more” years hope that if at some point I am not able to get around that there are hunting and other interesting outdoor opportunities available to me. What may be an easy shoot for one person might be a very challenging hunt for another… And too, not everybody is looking for a killer hunt every time out.

If nothing else at least the ad is staying at the top! Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
xpress know anybody ever been on a 100% "shooting opportunity on a Marco? Point of the whole post is that this don't sound like "HUNTING", where you bust your ass everyday and try to get your trophy. Ain't got shit to do with money. But wouldn't you rather hunt Africa for that amount of money and really hunt for your trophies, w/ no 100% guaranteed shooting opportunityI know there are people who dream of getting their Elk. That's ok. But when you say "There are no guarantees but everybody should get a bull", what does that mean to you?

Submariner... Go NAVY!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kingD
Well Iam way past 50
But wouldnt be nice to live your next 50 a nice guy.
You missed the point all were saying that this forum thread here was not meant for Bitching about a guy's hunt that he posts.
This is a totally leagl hunt and is posted by a very respectable booking agent.
Well hopefully you get the point
End of story
Have fun busting chops if thats what blows your skirt up

Sorry for keeping this alive but no more post related to this from me.
Bye
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
xpress know anybody ever been on a 100% "shooting opportunity on a Marco? Point of the whole post is that this don't sound like "HUNTING", where you bust your ass everyday and try to get your trophy. Ain't got shit to do with money. But wouldn't you rather hunt Africa for that amount of money and really hunt for your trophies, w/ no 100% guaranteed shooting opportunityI know there are people who dream of getting their Elk. That's ok. But when you say "There are no guarantees but everybody should get a bull", what does that mean to you?

Not really thats not even a starting price for a great safari no offence but thats a cheap hunt in Africa..If elk was what I was after and I just had to have a 350 + elk id sign right up.But im not and I still respect this man enough not to nit pick or stir the pot in his thread.And 11-12 is sometimes the price of the charter plane in TZ if you hunt more then one area.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
KingD:

Spew your venom elsewhere.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingd:

Do everyone a favor and go get a life SOMEWHERE ELSE

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ranch is not huge but the habitat is great elk country and shooting opportunity on mature bulls should be 100%. There are no guarantees but everybody should get a bull. Bulls will average 300-325 B&C with much bigger bulls being taken each year.

I don't see where Kingd is coming from. I could have said "Historically the ranch has produced 100% shooting opportunity" but is that really any different than what I said? If you read the ad I have guaranteed NOTHING.

As for the ranch not offering a REAL hunt because folks with mobility problems could be successful I have to say that a lot of the world's hunting does not require a bust ass effort. You often can hunt with your head rather than thigh muscles.

In this particular case a client asked if this elk hunt would be doable for his 78 year old Dad that can't walk far. I thought it would fine but I called the outfitter and a guide on the ranch that is a personal friend of mine and they both confirmed they would make a plan and get the gentleman an elk if he shot well. I bet at 78 he'd think it was a REAL hunt if he got a nice bull.

I personally have an expensive elk hunt booked in NM this year during the rut and it will not be a butt buster at all. The bulls might come in all snot flying and that will be very exciting but if I don't break a sweat I won't miss it one bit. I hiked 100's of miles over tundra, up and down mountains and packed literally tons of moose, caribou, sheep etc when I lived in AK. I have busted my butt alot so I think I'm qualified to judge what is a hunt and what is not and this CO deal is a great hunt in my book.

Excuse the rant but I think too many people think that hunting should fit their personal picture when in fact it takes many forms and can be enjoyed by almost anyone.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
KingD,

Instead of making assumptions about this hunt offering you could always just ask. I mentioned that I had guided on this particular ranch in the past. Its not difficult to kill an elk and everybody "should" kill a bull. The challenge is not just killing a bull but to kill the bull that you want. If your really selective, like I am, you may not kill a bull as this is a low fenced ranch and the elk are all 100% free ranging elk.

Its an incredible ranch that has a bunch of wildlife and it as scenic a place as you'll hunt. Its priced right for the area. I have never agreed with the "trohy fee" structure, I think that you should pay a flat trophy fee if trophy fee's are involved, not a graduated fee based on size.

I use a similar system in Sonora Mexico. I have a lesser base fee on my hunts with a flat trophy fee, I do this for 2 reasons, it allows me to offer the hunt for a little less up front and it keeps people off of the trigger on the last day on a younger buck. I use it as a management tool

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
xpress know anybody ever been on a 100% "shooting opportunity on a Marco?

kingd, know anybody that has ever been on a Marco polo hunt that did not get a ram, other than because they did not want to shoot what they saw?

I have been on various guided hunts for elk and mule deer where a 100% shot opportunity was not guaranteed, yet everyone in camp either tagged out, or had shot opportunities.

Some guides are comfortable guaranteeing that their clients will see game and have shot opportunities, others are not.

I think you are confusing guaranteed shot opportunities, with guaranteed kills.

I never have been on an African hunt of any kind, but as with most hunting operations, including those that are hunting completely free range game, they have been at it long enough to know the best times and best locations to have their clients in the field.

Point is, you made a lot of ASSumptions over Mark's post, that were not called for.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i too have guided on this ranch.
and in fact mark called me when thinking about
offering this hunt.
it is low fence,free range as drummond describes
and is very easy to access.
AND the guide staff know how to hunt it,
and YES as a guide on this ranch i wouldn't hesitate to tell my hunter "i WILL get you a good solid ethical shot at a bull"

the same words i told the man who killed this 380 bull on the same ranch last year.
(FYI the best of the season there.)

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David_B
posted Hide Post
Kingd,

Sounds like you're the real Tarzan type who does all his hunting with a loin cloth and a bowie knife and thinks everyone else should do the same. I'm sure every animal you have ever shot(that is if you have every actually hunted or shot an animal) has come after hiking a minimum of 20 miles and tracking and stalking the only animal in the territory. What an egotistic SOB you must be thinking that if it doesn't meet your qualifying standards it's obviouly wrong. It's obvious you know nothing about the ranch, outfitter or the hunt in general so what makes you the expert? Someone posted in an earlier comment that they could only imagine what the d stood for in your name. Based of what i've read in your posts i feel it's pretty safe to go with "dip shit".

Sorry Larry I couldn't help myself.

Posts: 62 | Location: VA | Registered: 04 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All this minutea is taking away from Mark's post.

Mark is a reputable person, offering hunts with reputable operations.

Someeone decided to get their knickers in a bunch about something that was completely uncalled for.

If a person reads a post they have a problem with, they need to remember it is their problem, again, a case of the pot calling the kettle black when coming from me.

kingd's reaction/response were totally un-neccessaery in this case, as Mark is only the booking agent and does not set the prices.

He would not stay in business very long if he refused doing business with reputable operations, simply over someone's imagined idea of what is or is not "Fair Chase". JMO

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scale of the trophy fee's is a little confusing: 350b&c and above waived? Are there too many of these 350plus bulls and they are trying to cull them out or there aren't any so they can give them away?? Can you explain this trophy fee structure please, thanks, JS

Posts: 332 | Location: eastern oregon usa | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2kuduhunter,

That wasn't really clear on the trophy fees. I've changed it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Excuse the rant but I think too many people think that hunting should fit their personal picture when in fact it takes many forms and can be enjoyed by almost anyone. Mark

EXACTLY!! Fact is "King", we can't all do or want to do, what others can. I for one am happy to see other's success, regardless of whether or not it was done how I would do it. Second fact, and guys please don't take this wrong, as its really directed to the "King". As an elk hunting guide for the past 18-19 yrs, a hunt like this is a welcome sight. If I had a dollar for every hunter from the "home of Texas Independence", that was so out of shape, elk "hunting" became a real impossibility, I would have a lot of dollars. I can't say for certain, but I seriously doubt you would fare too well on a week long elk hunt at 10,500 feet, with Drummond, RavenR, or myself!

Each to his own, and his own ability. Good luck selling the hunt Mark!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
kingd(ip s--t), please don't take take this personally, but STFU. YOU GIVE TEXANS A BAD NAME!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote