Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted

Outfitting Company: Ellis Big Game Guides

Guide: Larry Rine

Dates: September 11-20, 2011

Species: Alaskan Dall Sheep

I have been asked by Larry Rine (the guide) to offer this hunt. It has been discounted quite a bit. The original price of this hunt was $14,500 but is now available for $10,500. Hunt must take place during the time frame listed above.

References are available upon request. Below are some photos from recent sheep hunts with Larry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or PM.

Thank you.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a great price. What is the average sized ram and how is the hunting pressure there?

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I was told the average size to expect is 36-37 inches, and that the hunting pressure is light.....Larry said a hunter may see a plane or two during the hunt, but seeing other hunters in the area would be unlikely.

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Larry 4 years ago for coastal brown bear. It was just the two of us in a little tent for 10 days. Not only did Larry put me on a great B&C Brown, but he is just a great guy. You will have a blast. I booked an elk hunt the week before I found out about this hunt, otherwise it would have never seen the light of AR.

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input Vince!!

Only one more week till you are back at Curtis' place.....I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Is this all inclusive with the bush flights? Or, what would the transportation be like once in Alaska?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Ellis's offer a world class operation. They have more than 50 years in the area. They rotate three different hunting areas and go beyond what the transporters can get too. They have the best planes and equipment and there are a number of Youtube videos of their hunts.

I interviewed Kirk this last winter and I was entirely impressed about his veracity and connections with the resource. Whoever gets this hunt can expect a great hunt numbers are up in the Wrangells. They are doing sheep counts right now but if you wanted to hunt dall sheep and get an excellent opportunity this is your shot.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Thomas Kennedy

Posts: 122 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
Is this all inclusive with the bush flights? Or, what would the transportation be like once in Alaska?

Bush flights are included in the price....

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Hunt is sold pending funds....

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Received word that the hunter who purchased this hunt was successful in taking a great ram on the first day. I will update with pics when I get them.....

Thanks to everyone who inquired about the hunt. I look forward to working with Larry in the future and booking more hunts for him.

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Good for him!

Please keep us posted. Im looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing a little more about it.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote