Login/Join

One of Us
posted
POST DELETED

Posts: 156 | Location: Limpopo | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
Please explain how you are offering these hunts as I have the hunting rights to this area???

Lin Stanton
Email: lindon@mbalabalasafaris.com
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

Posts: 134 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
I have a signed contract for 2016

Lin Stanton
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lin Stanton:
Please explain how you are offering these hunts as I have the hunting rights to this area???

popcorn

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your posting states that the leopard trophy fee is included but you don't state that the non-exportable ele fee is included. You state "...and non-exportable elephant hunt" Are the ele trophy fees included? What are the "normal Zim scout fees"?

You state that you will refund $4,000 on both the hippo and croc if not taken. Why would you have collected a trophy fee prior to hunting the animals? I don't understand this. Your posting states that they can be added. Therefore, these trophy fees are not included in the cost of the hunt. Why would you refund money that you were not entitled to collect prior to the hunter taking the animals. Why would you just refund $4,000 of $5,500 trophy fee and not the whole $5,500? Wouldn't you have earned your fees on the day rate or are you wanting to collect another $3,000 for these animals if not hunted?

Your posting is puzzling at least, questionable to a second look, and seemingly disingenuous at the most. I could be wrong, however, as I'm not the sharpest tool in the block.

I believe you need to answer these anomalies and certainly owe an answer to Lin.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lin Stanton:

coffee

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
I have been in contact with Jacque. There seems to be a bit of confusion but it will be resolved in the morning.

Lin Stanton
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lin, will he explain or answer my questions?

One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
im not entirely sure if he will respond. But I'm sure he will respond when he wakes up in South Africa

Lin Stanton
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dutch44, I've send you a PM with all your questions and grey areas been answered and please explain to every body that have comment also on this please.

Regards

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mangwa Hunting Safaris:
Dutch44, I've send you a PM with all your questions and grey areas been answered and please explain to every body that have comment also on this please.

Regards

Why should he explain things to everyone??

It is YOUR responsibility to answer any questions arising from your post!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66947 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To start of with my answers, my whole introduction says that it's a 12 day Leopard and non exportable elephant hunt, and the package includes the following:
According to my knowledge and all my post and every body ells post's, if they say hunting package all included it means all and I've mentioned what is included in the hunting package

12 x Days, 1 x Arrival and 1x Departure day and 10 x Hunting Days with all included, Leopard hunting tag and trophy fee, Plus Non Exportable elephant hunt with all included, Leopard hunting tag and trophy fee, Plus Non Exportable elephant hunt

Scout fee: This is a $50 per day for the scout and normally this guys do not get tips because they are working for Zim National parks and clients do not bugget for tipping them and that's why it's included in the hunting packages

To get to the refunds,

There is a lot of Outfitters that take the clients money and tell them that they will get refunded on animals that they are not shot, and this is for the client that would like to add up the hippo and croc to his package and it's stated that A 50% Deposit is required to book this package at this price for 2016 Hunting Season and Some of my clients and friends do pay there whole safari in FULL before arrival so that they do not have to walk around with cash in camp and that's the reason why I did mention that the hippo and crocodile will also be refunded if not taken them down. I'm to long in the business to take money from my friends and clients and to loose a buddy for ever.

Dutch44, I really hope this explain your questions and between me and Lin we will sort the things because I also have a hunting contract signed to hunt in the Hwange and I doubt that one ever had signed exclusive hunting rights to hunt there in the Hwange

One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
Morning all
I have been in contact with the CEO of Hwange communal land and with the owner of the outfitter Jacque is using he said he has nothing to do with this and the CEO states that I am the sole operator in Hwange communal land and I can assure you all that I have a signed lease dated 29 December 2015. The CEO also says and I quote"He is lying. Who is that, demand to c that contract then i wil get him arrested. These are poachers"and "Mbalabala is the solo operator. Council fired a senior official in the campfire on strong suscipion of illicit deals @ l suspect of a sydicate. Get the contract. That is fraud. Demand it"

I have sent an email to Jacque he hasn't replied as of yet.

Lin Stanton
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing short of amazing. I can't believe someone would have the nerve to do this. I would assume that he is running the risk of having his clients thrown in a Zim jail.

Hasn't there been issues with other offers from this guy?

If this is as fraudulent as it seems, this guy should be banned from AR.

Posts: 11961 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
2016 Zimbabwe 12 Day Leopard and Non exportable elephant Hunt

The following Leopard and Non Exportable Elephant Hunting Package includes the following:

12 x Days, 1 x Arrival and 1x Departure day and 10 x Hunting Days with all included, Leopard hunting tag and trophy fee, Plus Non Exportable elephant hunt and the normal Zimbabwe scout fees.
Hunt will take place in Hwange RDC (Rural District Council) and we will fly in to Victoria Falls International airport and it’s a 2:30 Hour drive from the airport to camp.

1x1 Leopard and Non Exportable Elephant and package hunt at - $ 29 500

Add a Hippo for $5500 and Crocodile for $5500 and Buffalo for $6 500

Extra: Observer rates at $350 per observer

There is a $400 pre baiting payable for a 7 day pre baiting but we will pay back the $400 if we get there and no pre baiting is done at all.

A 50% Deposit is required to book this package at this price for 2016 Hunting Season.

If we fail to hunt the leopard there is a $5000 refund on the leopard and a $5000 refund on the non-exportable elephant, $4000 Refund on Crocodile and $4000 Refund on Hippo if we fail to shoot it.

NOTE - Extra bait will be needed and it will be $150 per extra impala bait to shoot.

Baboon - $ 50
Bushbuck - $ 800
Bush pig -$ 450
Duiker - $ 300
Eland- $ 1600
Giraffe - $1800
Hyena -$800
Impala -$450
Jackal -$250
Klipspringer -$800
Kudu -$1400
Steenbok -$300
Warthog -$550
Waterbuck -$2250
Wildebeest -$1400
Zebra -$1450

The following are included in your Safari:
Pick up and drop off at the Victoria Falls International airport
All accommodation, food and beverages. (Wines and Beers in Moderation.)
Trophy Fees
Daily Laundry
Services of a licensed professional hunter, tracker and ground staff in Zimbabwe
Transport to and from the airport as well as all ground transport for the duration of the Safari
The following are excluded in your Safari:
Dipping, packaging or any processing of trophies
Shipping charges for your trophies to your own country
All International and Domestic flights
Accommodation before and after safari dates
Trophy transportation to taxidermy in Bulowayo
Tips to PH’s and staff

Outfitter: Jacques Brits
Mangwa Hunting Safaris
South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia
Phone: 0027 767 680 412
Email: mangwahunting@gmail.com

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Regards

Good grief, no kidding! How can an Outfitter ask an anonymous person to respond to his business practices? If true, how can one dare to pull off something like this? If I learned one thing from this thread, I will ALWAYS check references.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jacques did PM me with an explanation as to the hunt and pricing. I have seen this method of payment to book before and I thank Jacques for his prompt reply. Just not communicated well from all of the other hunts I had seen or I am a little thick headed.

As to the situation with Lin I am not aware of the outcome of that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should add that I have also seen the practice of charging a trophy fee up front on an animal that "must be included in the package" and NO REFUND was to be applied whether the animal was taken or not. I declined to accept that offer or sign the contract. At least Jacques offered most of the refund on the two animals if not taken.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops, just read Lin's reply. Oh, well. Good luck with the area and your hunts there, Lin. Best wishes for a successful season.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
for the last several months I have been getting hunt offers via email from "Mangwa Hunting Safaris".

No idea how they got my email address.

They go straight to the junk mail folder now.
shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear this response .

Posts: 11961 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good day All AR Members

I'm sorry to keep you all waiting for response from my side regards this misleading add I've posted on AR.

I would like to post the following respond from my Representative In Zimbabwe.

Lin,

Seems there a fowl up with a ad my associate Jacques Brits place on a hunting forum, marketing a hunt in Hwange RDC.

I would have outfitted the hunt, having bought the package from Tim as he had assured me all was in order with the concession and that he was the one hunting there, as he had been last year, but as it turned out through another operator, who's name I cannot mention at this point.

He might have denied ever having done business with me but I sent Jacques correspondence between him and myself for a safari we wanted to do there sometime this year.

However, I have confirmed through George Parkin that the concession is indeed yours and In no way was it my intention to step on your toes, or mess things up for Jacques, or go behind anyone's back. It was an honest mistake on my part, and I take full responsibility for telling Jacques to market the hunt as I was assured all was in order.

My sincerest apologies, did not intend on stepping on anyone's toes.

Mbeks.

Jacques Brits
Mangwa Hunting Safaris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to hear what Lin has to say about this rather strange e mail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CEO of that property would like to have the name of the "representative" I bet.

quote:
Good day All AR Members

I'm sorry to keep you all waiting for response from my side regards this misleading add I've posted on AR.

I would like to post the following respond from my Representative In Zimbabwe.

Lin,

Seems there a fowl up with a ad my associate Jacques Brits place on a hunting forum, marketing a hunt in Hwange RDC.

I would have outfitted the hunt, having bought the package from Tim as he had assured me all was in order with the concession and that he was the one hunting there, as he had been last year, but as it turned out through another operator, who's name I cannot mention at this point.

He might have denied ever having done business with me but I sent Jacques correspondence between him and myself for a safari we wanted to do there sometime this year.

However, I have confirmed through George Parkin that the concession is indeed yours and In no way was it my intention to step on your toes, or mess things up for Jacques, or go behind anyone's back. It was an honest mistake on my part, and I take full responsibility for telling Jacques to market the hunt as I was assured all was in order.

My sincerest apologies, did not intend on stepping on anyone's toes.

Mbeks.

Jacques Brits
Mangwa Hunting Safaris

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lin - Sorry to see you guys having to deal with this crap! I thank you for helping me sort out a couple of safaris this year, and we all look forward to great success.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
better for him to have someone else spread word about his illegal hunt that do it himself...

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Regards

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This entire episode is bothersome.

One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
I agree larry. I have been in contact with mbeks and with Tim Schults. Tim says he has nothing to do with it and Mbeks says he made a mistake???? What I can't understand is why Jacque hasn't taken it down or apologized to his clients that he is misleading.

Lin Stanton
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lin good for you getting this sorted , hiesh the things that okes do and try ??

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

Posts: 108 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 03 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you do a search for Mangwa on this forum you will find these types of offers are the norm.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. I seem to recall a few other issues.

Never a dull moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks

You might have think that I've run away.

All AR members and readers,I did personally wright to Lin and apologized to him of what had happen. The new concessions was only given out late in December and some In January. But the guy Tim that were having the very same concession area that Lin is having now was very excited to sell the hunt To Mbeks and my company. Mbeks has assure me that the concession is again given to Tim. I have all messages between Tim and Mbeks and that according to him all was in place and Tim had just wanted to know when can they expect a deposit.
And now Tim will just say he has nothing to do with this. What an easy way out.
I have posted the letter from Mbeks and in which all explained and it was not my intention to try misleading or selling a hunt from someone ells concession in Zimbabwe.

But so we all learn day by day not to trust everyone and if they can not provide papers and documents,then you know better staying away and not trying to sell hunts for them.

I would like to meet each one of you that leaving all the bad comments and not knowing a guy in person and you have never ever met me. We have hundreds of other clients that are very happy and returning clients year after year.

This was a mistake from our site selling and market a hunt that does not belongs to Tim and Mbeks the outfitters in Zimbabwe and believe me that I would have find out whats going on before anyone would have take on this hunt.

I was waiting for papers and documents but they have assure me that this hunting area belongs to Tim and that he will forward the documents to Mbeks and me

I apologized to all AR members and readers about this misleading issue from Outfitters in Zimbabwe leaving me selling hunts in concessions that does not belongs to them.

What would guys not do just for money and then not even to mention, that they don't even care about clients and been offering me and my company hunts to sell that does not belongs to them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When in doubt...ask for the paperwork from the powers that be, this would be a good starting point. Either the operator will have the direct lease, or in some cases operators / professional hunters lease the 'hunting rights' from lease holder. The warning signs here would be the guys eager to know "when/where to expect the deposit"

A signed contract form, then a deposit to secure the animals and safari dates is your better option.

Posts: 114 | Location: Africa | Registered: 29 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that's the same Tim Schultz I'm thinking of, I'm a little surprised that he wasn't dragged out and shot a long time ago. Used to have an apprentice named Mbex.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Can someone please provide an email contact for George Parkin, who has been named as confirming that Lin holds the concession?

I lost contact with George sometime ago. We hunted together twice in the mid-1990's, prior to the veteran killings and land seizures.

Thanks

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real interesting that Mr. Brits deleted the post. I am glad that Lhook decided to memorialize it. The deletion tells me all I need to know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Real interesting that Mr. Brits deleted the post. I am glad that Lhook decided to memorialize it. The deletion tells me all I need to know.

+1

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1
Thanks to AR and the members who help putt and end to "business" like these.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote