Find
Notify
Tools

Summer time hog special.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Interested parties can contact me, Randall W. Weems, by pm on this site or @ rl92@brazosnet.com my cell phone is acting up right now but I will supply a contact number to interested parties

These hunts are conducted in Archer & Young counties in north Texas. One day hunt for one person, one pig any size = $75.00.

Additional hunting days can be arranged for $50.00 per day, additional hogs can be taken for $25.00 per animal, up to 150 pounds, $50.00 per animal over 150 pounds.

These are semi-guided hunts, maximum of 4 hunters per hunt. Lodging is included as is transportation during hunt along with game handling/basic processing.

Hunts are done from box blinds overlooking timed feeders. Coyotes can be shot at no charge.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is there a different price for different sizes? What is the success rate? Do you have references?

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is there a different price for different sizes? What is the success rate? Do you have references?

The difference in price is simply the way we have things set up. Somehow, $25.00 for a pig up to 150 pounds or $50.00 for any pig over 150 pounds does not seem to out of line compared to other hog hunts being offered on the internet, Sorry if you are offended by that, but $50.00 for a hog that might weigh in at 250 pounds plus, does not seem out of line to me, but others may feel differently.

These hunts are for Free Ranging animals, we make NO GUARANTEES. Success depends on how hard clients are willing to hunt, their ability to hit what they are aiming at, weather conditions, hog movement. My only guarantee is that we keep our feeders filled and that there are hogs visiting feeders on a regular basis.

We have had AR members hunt with us in the past, some successful, some not. We also have folks that are not AR members hunt with us that consistently kill pigs and have hunted with us for 4 or 5 years.

As for references, pm me and I will send them.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't hunted with CHC but I am sure he is telling the truth about his operations and that is as cheap as I've seen for any paid hog hunt in Texas anywhere. If you've priced corn lately than you'll know they are simply trying to defray corn costs on this hunt and, hopefully remove a few corn eating machines. Finally, and I am speaking only from my experiences here, not on CHC's hunting area, but in the summer in Texas, the first and last few minutes of daylight and night time are the only really productive times to stand hunt hogs because of the heat. If CHC permits it, I'd plan on late night hunting. Otherwise, except for about an hour or so in the morning and evening, I'd sleep, cook, bird watch, or practice telling hunting stories in the daytime.

All the people that I've been reading who have bitched about hog hunting prices in Texas should be lining up for this.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am offering these hunts for several reasons.

1. There is not much else going on as far as hunting is concerned at this time of year. We run our feeders year round and reducing pig numbers any at all, will leave a little more food for the deer/turkey and quail that also come to the feeders.

2. Our does are still having fawns and pigs will take out a fawn if the find, they also destroy turkey and quail nests and we need more of both those species than we do hogs.

3. Range conditions over most of this area are such that hogs are not only competing with other wildlife for available natural forage, but they are also competing with cattle. There are already enough problems with raising cattle without having to deal with the problems the hogs contribute.

4. I could be wrong somewhat, but from what I am both seeing and hearing in this area at least some or most of the trappers are not running their traps due to hog prices. If hogs are not being trapped, that does not mean they are not breeding.

5. Dove season in our area opens Sept. 1. From then until the end of our Late Antlerless/Spike season around the 20th. or so of January, hogs will be incidental to the other hunts we run, as such we don't offer hog only hunts during that time frame, 5 months, the fewer hogs we go into that time frame with, the better things are.

As for references, I only provide those upon request via snail mail. I have found out over the years that some folks do not mind being used as a reference while others are uncomfortable doing such.

As for success rates, between the weather/climate, hog movement and agricultural activities on our properties and adjoining properties, hunters in one stand might be covered up with pigs while hunters in a stand 1/2 mile away might never see anything. Add to that, especially at this time of year, hogs might not come in until mid-night or later. Some hunters do not like staying out that late.

The last hog hunter I had from AR got 1 hog had shots on 3 separate occasions during his hunt, had problems with his own rifle and shot his pig with my .35 Whelen

Also at this time of year, the boss is more amenable to my offering lower cost hunts to try and ease up the competition for the available food stuffs caused by the hogs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a good deal on a legitimate opportunity, folks. I've got to pick up two hogs from Kuby's or I'd be all over this, since it's cheap and local. As always, a free range hog hunt is what it is, and you get what you get. Sometimes that's two or three, other times it's air.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Randall:

There is a potential taker on my offer. I need to know the details for a 2 day hunt. Not counting pig costs it would be $125 per person but when would the hunt start and how would the lodging work. My preferences would be arriving Fri afternoon, hunting Fri evening/nite, Sat, and Sun Morning and calling that two days, but if you want it to be 3 days that would be okay with me, just let me know. Regards Charlie Tuppen

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't see this earlier and responded in the hog hunting topic area, but Friday afternoon till Sunday Noon is a 2 day hunt.

posted Hide Post
This is to alert you that I sent you an email about your offer. Carl L.

Posts: 9 | Location: White Pine, MI | Registered: 12 July 2013Reply With Quote