Find
Notify
Tools

East Cape Cull
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Everyone,

Due to our extreme drought here in the Eastern Cape of South Africa I am offering a deal of 2 on 1 only at $250 per hunter per day. Pick up and drop off days are not charged. This will include everything from pick up at Port Elizabeth airport till drop off at Port Elizabeth airport. You are welcome to get any part of trophy ( flat skins or european mounts) of any of the animals that you shoot shipped home. You will be culling Kudu, blue wildebeest, impala, blesbuck and warthogs. These will mostly be female animals and males in poor condition. I am wanting to take off 15 of each blue wildebeest, kudu and blesbuck and 25 of each impala and warthog. Some of the shooting will be conducted at night so as to disturb the animals as least as possible. If we happen to bump into black back jackal, caracal, baboons and bushpig, you can shoot these at NO cost. You can decide how many days you wish to stay but i would suggest a minimum of 5 hunting days. All the cull animals carcasses will be used, nothing goes to waste.

Nobody knows when we will get decent rain and supplement feeding is just not viable, at the moment we are losing alot of animals due to the drought. This deal will be available until the rains arrive which will hopefully be soon!

Murray Crous
Settlers Safaris
Grahamstown
p.o. Box 362
South Africa

0027 83446 8256
info@settlerssafaris.com
www.settlerssafaris.com

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Russ,

PM sent!

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you charging per animal?

Do you think you will have any culls left to hunt in April? Thats when I'll be over there

Posts: 42 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Cactus King,

For this particular advertised deal, there is no fee per animal, there is just a day fee, the animals are free to shoot. This is due to the severe drought that these animals are going to be taken off.

This particular deal will only be lasting for the next month, hopefully the rains would of eased the grazing pressure by then and besides the animals will start dropping their young in December. If you are keen to do some cull hunting during your visit in April please go to my website at www.settlerssafaris.com and look at the cull package options under the package section. While cull hunting one can obviously hunt trophy animals as per the trophy price list.

Regards

Murray

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Are the animals still alert enough to make it a bit of a challenge? I have seen Wildebeest and Impala drought stressed to the point they just stand there and look at you. Didnt seem to affect the Gemsbok though! Chased them bastards all afternoon on a 500 ac property! This would be a good trip to break in a young hunter!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You´re right this would be a good trip to break in a young or first time African hunter. The animals are still very much alert and a hell of a challenge!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that this cull deal has been booked and thus no longer available. Thanks to all that responded. If there are any other questions please contact me at info@settlerssafaris.com

Regards

Murray Crous