New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW MEXICO PRONGHORN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My name is Jim Welles. I am a licensed outfitter in NM. Our business address is 10600 Eagle Rock, Albuquerque, NM 87122. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net

We have 2 cancellation priced hunts on our Vaughn and Cross Diamond Ranches. We will do fully guided on the Vaughn at $1,900 and 2,200 on CDR. We will do semi guided at $1,500 on the Vaughn and 1,800 on CDR. The Vaughn Ranch hunt date is Sept 11-12. The CDR hunt date is August 21-22. Pictures of past harvests are on our website. We go 100% on these ranches every year. VERY FUN HUNTS-GREAT GUIDES! If you have any interest, contact us at JFWRC@comcast.net. Thanks-Jim Welles

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
Jim, can you post your website address? i think i found it but i didn't figure it was my place to post it.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robert-I think its against the forum rules for me to post the site address. However, if you google "New Mexico Antelope Hunting" we come up in first spot or you could google JFW Ranch Consulting. We only have the Cross Diamond spots left at this point. This is a great ranch just east of Raton......not to far from the NRA Whittington Center. My e-mail is JFWRC@comcast.net

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JFWRC:
Robert-I think its against the forum rules for me to post the site address. However, if you google "New Mexico Antelope Hunting" we come up in first spot or you could google JFW Ranch Consulting. We only have the Cross Diamond spots left at this point. This is a great ranch just east of Raton......not to far from the NRA Whittington Center. My e-mail is JFWRC@comcast.net

Jim,

It's not only not against the rules, it encouraged. Saeed asks that everyone who offers hunts here provide all contact information including phone numbers, etc.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Having harboured a wish to hunt a pronghorn for a few years now - I have to ask " Why does it cost so much to hunt these critturs".

Can anyone give me an itemised breakdown of the cost please ?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure this is very much. What ever the market will bear they say.
I guess until you actually organize a hunt for someone its hard to understand all the costs.
Fuel $3.00+/gallon
Wages for guide $300/day
Insurance for Hunts ????????
Expenses for trucks to get you to the hunts???????????
Business overhead to make the hunt possible,like phone, advertising, meeting with landowners all the stuff before the hunt.
Oh yes paying the landowner for the tags and the right to hunt his land. These are not over the counter tags they have to be drawn or purchased from a land owner.
Oh how about Taxes very high here in New Mexico.
Last but not least Mama needs a new pair of shoes SOME PROFIT.
Not sure that covers it all but gives you an idea.
Cheers
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going to need more ifo on the unit and ranch land. also facilites. guides. skiners, cooks or do we do it all ourselves ow big is the area to be huntd? multiple permits avilable for either sex. Size of horns this year especialy in ligt of rain you had this year? Anyting else you can think of that have not been asked I migt need to know and have not asked yet. High or low fencing? meals lodging foot horses/donkes/4wheeler

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike-

We are all sold out on our hunts. Should have posted that a few days ago. I do have some leads on folks that have some hunts if you are interested. Shoot me a PM is you more details.

Jim with:
JFW Ranch Consulting,LLC
Albuquerque, NM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The prices looked in line to me.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote