New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forest elephant hunt - Cameroun self guided
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Post deleted for not having all the required information.

Camshaft,

Please read my post at the top of this forum of our requirements for posting hunts here.

Saeed

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cam .. everyone is reading this post and it is missing the info ... Confused

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize for leaving my phone number off the first post.
(+USA) 650-855-5871 or 650-948-4560
This is a hunt only for experienced hunters who have taken dangerous game in the past. You will be on your own, but with my personal staff who have done this numerous times. It is self guided, but fully outfitted with all staff, vehicles, personnel, travel in country inclusive.
I have had a hunter just come back from the forest in the deep south of Cameroun with the report that there are “a lot of big elephants” in the zone. My hunter for July appears not to be going, so the month of July is open for an adventurous hunter. I organize all the paperwork and staff, but there is not a PH on the hunt to back you up. You are welcome to bring a friend along. A number of AR members have taken some of my hunts and one of the north hunts was just posted under trip reports. This is an inexpensive way to take an elephant , but you will be doing it on your own. Those who have done the hunt experience tremendous self satisfaction.
Cost is $8000 each plus a $4000 trophy fee per elephant if successful. This assumes 2 hunters. It is an additional $1000 if you go alone. You will have about 11 days of hunting and be accompanied for 15 days in-country. All permits and paperwork are included in the cost and must be started immediately if you wish to do this hunt. Costs after the animal are shot are additional, like CITES paperwork and export fees. Cameroun ivory cannot be exported to the USA. I have a number of the tusks stored in Cameroun in case it opens, up again for export. Cameroun has a CITES quota of 80 elephants per year and does not reach that number that I am aware of.
This will be a wet hunt in the rainy season. You will be hunting near villages that are being harassed by the elephants. There is very little other game in the area. If you are successful early you can move camp, at a small charge, to an area with more chances at other forest animals.
Here is the trophy list:

animal $ cost
Elephant * $ 4,000
Bongo * $ 3,500
Buffalo * $ 1,800
Red river/wart hogs $300
giant forest hog $500
sitatunga $1000
Yellow back duiker
Temporarily blocked
peter & other duiker $300

Feel free to call (or PM) and we can talk it over if you are interested. It is the ultimate hunt.

Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang!! If I had the money I'd grab Scruffy and head on down!

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
archer I'd love to see the long bow that you would use on those big varmints !!! I checked a reference about hunting in Cameroon .. it was me !! tu2

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many bull elephant can you take on this hunt?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are allowed one bull elephant and it must be 5kg. per side, small but then the elephants are also small. Probably 1/2 the body size of a savannah elephant.
If you want to take more there is a very good possibility of them giving me a PAC permit, but it will be a lot of hassle and they will want to be paid extra for that. (You know, to take care of all the hard paperwork!!)
I would need a deposit to pursue taht option fully.
camshaft

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Camshaft,
Is this something you will be doing in the future? If so PM me so I can contact you.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad I already have two elephant hunts planned. That is the kind of an elephant hunt I would love to do. Doing it your self with a tracker would be the ultimate for me.

465h&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This hunt is available in future years. June and July tend to be the best. It is only this year that I have been asked by the government to help out on the problem elephants, so that drove this post. This is an area where there are no pygmies, so the elephants have become very destructive. We have been down 3 times and the elephants are never far into the jungle, but you still have to follow and track them.
I have one client arriving today in Cameroun who is going to spend a full month in the deep jungle on an elephant hunt. He is going to an area with a higher chance of the rest of the game like bongo and buffalo, but lower chances of elephants, as there are pygmies there. They are the only ones brave enough to shoot them with spears fitted to a shotgun. I have a couple of these implements and they tell me you have to be right up against the elephant and pull the trigger and run like hell. They report an average of 6 spear arrows per elephant before it dies...very brave short men!! True rifles are very carefully controlled so not readily available to the average person.
Camshaft

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camshaft:

I have one client arriving today in Cameroun who is going to spend a full month in the deep jungle on an elephant hunt.
Camshaft

Wow, that sounds like a amazing adventure. A full month in the jungle must be a hell of a experience, but i guess a pricy one.

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The chap that is arriving in Cameroon today phoned me a couple of times recently and we chatted about this upcoming hunt. Martin is about 68 and is obviously tougher than leather. He hunted Cameroon a couple of years ago and blew out his achilles tendon the day before the hunt started !!! He still went ahead and got a buffalo and some other varmint in the next week or so before he finally had to leave.

I think that a big drawing part of this safari for him is the opportunity to hunt with the pygmies ...

These self guided hunts in the Cameroon are a step above all the other safaris that I have done in the past ... and even though I am not low on elephants ... I am going to talk to Martin when he gets back ... to Camshaft .. and some of these other guys who have been there .. and I just might take my pension cheques and do this elephant hunt .....

I'v done sillier things .. Smiler