Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe Non Trophy Elephant Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted
Here is your opportunity for non trophy Elephant with SSG Safaris, Nixon Dzingai outfitter.

Quote in US dollars:

1 Hunter x 1PH $12700US

This is 8 hunting days, one non trophy Elephant fee and all Govt Levies included. Harare to camp transfers. Additional hunting days can be added for $1000 per day

Two non trophy Elephant is $25400US all inclusive 12 days hunting included Govt fees.

You can shoot the following animals during the hunt (animals wounded/lost are subject to full trophy fee):

Buffalo 5000
Kudu 2300
Zebra 1100
Waterbuck 2500
Nyala 3500
Giraffe 2000
Klipspringer 700
Impala 450
Bushbuck 1000
Warthog 400
Grysbok 300
Crocodile 5000

Not included:
Lodging in Harare on arrival and return.
Trophy prep and documentation for listed trophy export $500
Dip/pack fees for exported trophies
4% Govt Levy on trophy fees for Buff and Plains game

Open dates:
July 15 to 30 July ,
August 01 to 19
September 18 to October 02 ,
November 09 to 22
December 01 to 31

Please let me know if you would like this hunt.

Bobby Lowe
PO Box 3443
Idaho Falls, ID 83403
208-709-2919
dukxdog@ida.net

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - $17,700 for an elephant hunt and a trophy buff with Nixon is a stupid good deal.

I've hunted with Nixon's outfit twice and took two 40"+ nice buffalo. And I've seen way, way bigger come out of there. I'd be happy to go again and take this deal, but am already booked for Zambia in a few weeks.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bobby,

Awesome offer. Please define "non trophy" for us.

Thanks

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
Hey Bobby,

Thanks

Yes, Please. Also, non trophy assumes no import so does the $500 trophy prep and documentation apply?

Thank you, Thomas Van Diepen

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
Hey Bobby,

Thanks

Good question Butch.
Malipati Safari Area is allocated 4 Elephant bulls with tusks and 1 tuskless Elephant bull. Sengwe 2 has an allocation of 3 Elephant bulls with tusks and 3 tuskless bulls.
The non trophy tusked bulls would be broken tusked or ones that would be determined to culled at the time.
The total to be sold with this offer would be eleven.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:

Yes, Please. Also, non trophy assumes no import so does the $500 trophy prep and documentation apply?

Thank you, Thomas Van Diepen

Tom, the trophy prep fee does not pertain to the elephants. It is for the additional game taken on the hunt.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Thanks tygersman. This is another really good offer by Nixon. He has always been willing to let me make you guys super "Bang for your Bucks" hunts on AR.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Could you be a little more specific on the definition of non trophy elephant? Broken tusk is fine but what about others? Basically asking what is the max tusk size, in pounds, you would be allowed to shoot? I've seen non trophy described differently by different outfitters.

If time permitted and one was to take a Buff as well but didn't export the Buff I assume the $500 trophy prep fee wouldn't apply - correct?

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And what if one does not take an elephant, any refunds ?

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
Broken tusk is fine but what about others? Basically asking what is the max tusk size, in pounds, you would be allowed to shoot? I've seen non trophy described differently by different outfitters.

If time permitted and one was to take a Buff as well but didn't export the Buff I assume the $500 trophy prep fee wouldn't apply - correct?

I relayed what was told to me. I don't think there is a maximum or minimum for tusk size. If you go on a "Non Trophy Elephant Hunt" you should expect to get a tuskless bull, a bull with two broken tusks, a single broken tusk or a smaller tusked bull. You should not expect to shoot something 50# or larger with two sweeping tusks.

You should expect to take the bull that your PH tells you to shoot. You should also not expect to pass on a bull that you are told to shoot.

If you do not export any trophies then you will not have to pay the $500 trophy prep fee.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
And what if one does not take an elephant, any refunds ?

$4700 but would be very surprised if that happened. You are hunting good elephant areas.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Nixon is stand up guy
You guys got no worries hunting with him
Damn good offer
Shit, I just got back from Botswana so no money here for this pilgrim this year
Damn...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is not the first time I've seen some great priced hunts by Nixon.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
You should not expect to shoot something 50# or larger with two sweeping tusks.

You should expect to take the bull that your PH tells you to shoot. You should also not expect to pass on a bull that you are told to shoot.

I've been on three non trophy bull elephant hunts and know enough not to expect to shoot a 50 pounder. Just trying to get a reasonable expectation as to tusk size that would be considered a non trophy. I'm not interested in a tuskless bull.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You should not expect to shoot something 50# or larger with two sweeping tusks.

I've been on three non trophy bull elephant hunts

Okay...what did you shoot on your non trophy hunts?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not interested in a tuskless bull.

My view . . . a tuskless bull is a much more incredible trophy than a 50 pound bull. They are rarer than hens teeth. I have spent days tracking a bull that we thought was a tuskless bull. Some like blondes, some like brunettes I guess.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

I'm not interested in a tuskless bull.

My view . . . a tuskless bull is a much more incredible trophy than a 50 pound bull. They are rarer than hens teeth. I have spent days tracking a bull that we thought was a tuskless bull. Some like blondes, some like brunettes I guess.

No doubt. I'm pretty sure I saw one on a hunting show once, and they made a big deal about it. I saw plenty of ele around Malapati, including some decent ivory. But I never saw nor heard anyone mention any tuskless bulls.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay...what did you shoot on your non trophy hunts?

I'm not trying to geta into a debate with you re: the merits of this hunt. I was seriously thinking of booking this hunt and if time permitted I would add a Buff. Where else could you get a Buff hunt for an extra $5K? Hell of a deal.

Here's a link to the hunt report from my last non trophy hunt. The other two bulls I shot were smaller than this one, but not by much.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...591008981#1591008981

As for the tuskless bull - they may be rare, I saw one in a park in Namibia once, but they just don't interest me. If that's what you like - go for it.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Tuskless bulls and cows for that matter are really not at Malipati. I've never heard of either sighted there.

Labman I was just wanting to know what you got as a management elephants. I'd say that the sized ones you killed would be a reasonable expectation to get in Zim. You could also get a larger one having broken tusk(s). You do know this is a great offer.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tuskless Bulls are almost as rare as the elusive "100lb" bulls elephant hunters dream about. Tuskless cows in certain areas are common,and on a 10 day hunt you have an above average chance at bagging one in areas in the Zambezi valley, omay , matetsi etc.

A true non trophy should be a elephant carrying broken ivory, single tuskers etc with around a total of 25-30lbs of ivory. However this rule is generally manipulated to include "any bull" carrying less than 25-35lbs aggregate for both tusks, basically a young bull who if left for another 15-20 years could be a 45-50lb'er if he managed to live that long.

With the USFW elephant ban in place, this has been a way communities who rely on elephants to be hunted to generate an income to keep the money coming in, although not generating nearly as much income as trophy hunts would.you will notice these hunts are always offered in communal areas or on private conservancies as appossed to government safari areas.

Still a good way to experience elephant hunting at an affordable price.

Posts: 114 | Location: Africa | Registered: 29 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Still available dates for these hunts.